Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My apologies if I missed any prior posts regarding living arrangements Q&As, but if any atlelier students (past and former) would be so kind, would you please recommend some safe neighborhoods and/or districts in or nearby Van Nuys for someone relocating to L.A. from out of state so I can take a look through Craigslist results.

Thanks in advance.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Burning chrome,

I am an atelier student, and i would say that your best bet for a safe neighborhood would be the encino, sheman oaks, tarzana area. Its pretty close to the school. The closer you are to Ventura Blvd. the nicer the area. Feel free to email me if you are thinking of a place... i can tell you what kind of area its in. my work email is adouziech@laafa.org. But if you have any more questions let me know or you can call 818.708.9232.

Good luck!
    -alex

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LAAFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Open House April 4th from 11am- 4pm!

Thats right folks, its that time again... OPEN HOUSE TIME! Come join us April 4th from 11am-4pm. There will be a free uninstructed workshop with a model and free drinks and snacks. Its a great chance to meet some of the instructors, staff, and students.

LAAFA 3-Year Accredited Entertainment Art and Fine Art Programs

if you have any questions or if you need directions, call 818. 708.9232. Parking is in the back.

Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art
    16926 Saticoy St.
    Van Nuys, CA

Thanks
    Hello, I'm a Chinese student staying in the U.S.

can you tell me if you offer bachelor's degree in your awesome atelier? DO you have a lot of internationals there?

Thank you. I'm thinking about taking the three-year degree program in your atelier.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Aaron Death,

We are not yet able to offer a bachelor's degree, but we are going through the process of getting accredited. And if it takes longer than expected you could take the three years here and present your diploma to Laguna College of the Arts, and they will count it as three years at their school.

We offer student visas, so we do get a lot of international students in our atelier program.

If you have any more questions, feel free to write back or call 818.708.9232.

Hope to see you soon!

-Alex

Thanks
    Hey Laafa, is it possible to make a customized "small program", for a duration of 6 months?
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LAAFA View Post
    ... we are going through the process of getting accredited
    How's that effort coming along? And will LAAFA be offering any additional financial aid or loan providers other than Sallie Mae in the near future?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Gringo,

We can customize a schedule with you in our sessions classes, not in our atelier classes. The best person to talk to about this would be Cindy. She will most likely ask to see your portfolio and she will work with you to set up an appropriate schedule for all your needs. Call 818.708.9232 and ask for Cindy.

If you have anymore questions, let me know!

-Alex

Thanks
    Burning Chrome,

I received your email and i just sent you a response...sorry it took so long! And in response of the question about financial aid other than Sallie Mae in the near future- well, i dont know how near.. but definitely in the future. I can't say for sure when because it takes a long time to get accredited.

-Alex

Thanks
    No need for apologies, I know that LAAFA admin staff receive plenty of inquiries about the school both domestically and abroad.

Thanks for mentioning the sessions customization program according to portfolio profile, I had no idea that was even an option - I'll definitely be calling Cindy today and see what kind of schedule I'm eligible for.

Thanks

5-Day Figure and Portrait Painting Workshop with Jeff Hein

5-Day Figure and Portrait Painting Workshop with Jeff Hein May 27th-May 31st from 10am-5pm.

Instructor: Jeff Hein
    Wed.-Sun., May 27th-31st, 10am-5pm
    Cost: $695

If you would like to register for this workshop, call 818.708.9232! Register as soon as possible because space may be limited.

Reminder: Open House this Saturday April 4th from 11am-4pm! Come for the free workshop, stay for the free snacks!

If you need directions or if you have any questions, call 818.708.9232!

Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art
    16926 Saticoy St.
    Van Nuys
    CA 91406

Thanks
    Impressive instructor list!

Btw, where can I find more art from Van Saro? Couldnt find anything online from him...

Thanks
    Thank you for the reply. It would be good if I can go to Laguna you know. I can't get a H1B work visa without bachelor's degree.

Is it certain that I can go to laguna after three years?

Would I be good enough to go to your school? Can you go to my sketchbook in the sig to have a look? Oops. Anyway, I guess that's a little rude. So here's a picture I worked on for two hours in PS. I don't have a portfolio yet but I can build one soon.
    Attachment 636418

And here's a Nathan Fowkes study in charcoal(my second charcoal drawing actually).

Thanks

Response: Aaron Death

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Death View Post
    Thank you for the reply. It would be good if I can go to Laguna you know. I can't get a H1B work visa without bachelor's degree.

Is it certain that I can go to laguna after three years?

Would I be good enough to go to your school? Can you go to my sketchbook in the sig to have a look? Oops. Anyway, I guess that's a little rude. So here's a picture I worked on for two hours in PS. I don't have a portfolio yet but I can build one soon.
    Attachment 636418

And here's a Nathan Fowkes study in charcoal(my second charcoal drawing actually).

Aaron Death,

It was very nice to see the improvement in your sketchbook from the first page to the last. Your gesture drawings got a lot better, i am sure copying Bridgman helped. When you get a portfolio together you could submit and see what the administrators say. So i can only give you my opinion, not a for sure response to your work. So this being completely my opinion-I would do more drawings/ paintings from life. Your charcoal drawing is good, i suggest you simplify your values into three groups- darks, mid-tones, and lights (thats what nathan fowkes starts with- then adds more values if necessary). I think the more drawings you do from life, the better. You do seem to absorb new information fast, so i think your chances are good. Worse comes to worse they will suggest you take a drawing class before you start the atelier program. Some of your gesture drawings have a very nice quality to them, a lot of charm.I hope this helps in some way.

It is certain that you can go to laguna after the three years. If you have any more questions about that, call up Cindy and she will be able to tell you more specifically about the transfer to laguna.

Best of Luck!
    -Alex

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LAAFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Response: Epias

Quote Originally Posted by Epias View Post
    Impressive instructor list!

Btw, where can I find more art from Van Saro? Couldnt find anything online from him...
    I am not sure if there is something wrong with Van Saro's website, or what. But when it is up and running again, I'll let you know!

-Alex

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast