3-Year Entertainment Art Program, 18-Month Entertainment Track & Foundational Tracks - Page 6

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Promotions!

3-Year Entertainment Art Program, 18-Month Entertainment Track & Foundational Tracks

In an effort to make the world a better place, we want to introduce the pleasure of art-making to those who haven't yet tried, and to those of you who have tried, but not with LAAFA.

And to you, our LAAFA friends, we want to thank you for your patronage.

Tell a friend- If you refer a new student, and they complete an instructed class with us, we will give you a 20% discount to be used toward a class you take the following quarter.**

For your friends- From today (April 9th) through Saturday (April 11th) we will let your friend, who has never studied at LAAFA before, take a class for only $250.*

$100 early sign up thank you-If you registered by Open House (April 4th), we are offering you an exclusive $100 discount if you enroll in an additional class by Saturday, April 11th.**

$50 class upgrade- Upgrade from one of our 3 hour classes to the 5 hour class, and take $50 off of the 5 hour price.

*The class will be chosen specifically for the student by a LAAFA student advisor.

**Ask a LAAFA resresentative for the selected class list.

Our Spring classes start next week April 13th! If you have any questions or if you are interested in registering, call 818.708.9232

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketching Tour of Florence, Italy with Rey Bustos!

Join Rey Bustos and LAAFA on a sketching tour of Florence, Italy!

Our own "Renaissance Man" Rey Bustos, a classical anatomy expert, will be leading us on a Sketching and Museum-hopping trip through the artful world of Florence! August 6-14, 2009. Starting at $1750 per person*

3-Year Entertainment Art Program, 18-Month Entertainment Track & Foundational Tracks

Highlights or your trip will include:

Brunelleschi's Magnificient Dome - the Gothic Church of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo).

Ghilberti's Baptistry Door -"The Gates of Paradise."

Michelangelo's David.

The Medici Tomb.

Frescoes of Masaccio.

Boboli Gardens.

Beato Angelico's and Andrea Orcagna's famous Frescoes.

A private visit to the Vasari Corridor.

A visit to the very stone quarries Michelangelo used!

A visit to all the great painters' works - Titian, Rubens, Perugio, Leonardo...

Don't forget the sculptors - Michelangelo, Donatello, Cellini, and Verrocchio.

*Price includes 7 nights of hotel, daily breakfast and 5 art-loving tours of Florence. Pre and Post nights available.

For more info, call 818.708.9232!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Try A Free Class At Laafa!

Have you ever studied art in a studio environment using objects, casts or live models? At LAAFA we understand that those of you who have not yet tried it, don’t know how satisfying can be! Perhaps you are more advanced, but have never studied here at LAAFA. For those reasons we offer the opportunity to take a test drive and get a taste of the LAAFA experience with our FREE classes and workshops

Free Drawing Class Apr 25th

This Free Instructed Class is for people who are new to LAAFA, and have never studied with us before (one free class per person). The free drawing class will encourage you to see with your eyes and to draw with your hand. Instruction will be given in simple shading, lighting, core shadows, and learning to draw through an object. This is an excellent opportunity for students with little to no formal drawing training at all. Learning to translate what you see to paper is an exercise that will challenge you in new ways, keeping your brain and your imagination piqued. Come give it a try!

Bring your 18x24 pad of newsprint, some charcoal, a graphite pencil, a kneaded eraser, your right brain, and enjoy a class on the house. Our hope is that you realize how important art can be in your life, for without it we merely exist.

More experienced artists can also benefit from one of these classes. Bring along your work, and during the class, our instructor will take some one-on-one time with you to give you a free portfolio review. Find out where you are with your skill level, and where you can go!

Saturday April 25, 2009 11 am -2 pm

Instructor: TBA

If you have any questions about this FREE class, call 818.708.9232!

Last edited by LAAFA; April 9th, 2009 at 07:51 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LAAFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much, alex. Now I will talk more with Cindy about it. Your school's instructors are impressive, and I've admired Nathan Fowkes long before I heard about LAAFA. I will apply for the summer semester soon.

Thank you.

Last edited by Aaron Death; April 10th, 2009 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Aaron, I really like the photoshop painting you did. Though I don't know of anyone who submited digital art in their portfolio but this would be a good addition (provided it was from life not a photo.) I wish I had your ability with digital media.

Not to come across as to much of a Laafa talking piece, but have you considered taking a few sessions classes with Laafa before applying for the atelier?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StephenJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    StephenJ,

You wouldn't happen to know approximately how many LAAFA students opt for a customized sessions curriculum because time/financial restrictions won't allow for the atelier program?

May I ask if you could please post up what a current full-time atelier schedule consists of so potential and entering students will have an idea of what to expect day-by-day for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year?

Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Response to Burning Chrome,

Quote Originally Posted by burning_chrome View Post
    StephenJ,

You wouldn't happen to know approximately how many LAAFA students opt for a customized sessions curriculum because time/financial restrictions won't allow for the atelier program?

May I ask if you could please post up what a current full-time atelier schedule consists of so potential and entering students will have an idea of what to expect day-by-day for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year?

Thanks
    First- In response to StephenJ:

Hi Steven - Thanks for the feedback. I think it is best for Cindy to answer your specific questions having to do with how other students have handled the admission into the atelier program.

In response to Burning Chrome,

Most people in sessions have a somewhat customized curriculum. They often meet with an administraitor to find out what class would help their needs. The number of classes is up to the person's financial standing. For instance, if you can only afford to take two classes, then (after viewing your portfolio) we recommend which two classes would help you the most. Unfortunately, these classes do not count as credit if you choose to join the full time program.

For info about the current schedule, call Cindy. She will be able to give you an idea of what the hours are in the average atelier quarter. Call 818.708.9232.

-Alex

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    About how much is the housing around laafa?

How much does the average student spend on living cost a month?

Sketchbook
    Looking for mentor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can I ask you something about the Laguna program?

First, does it apply to international students? And can I choose any major or minor as I choose? And is it possible that it suddenly ends before I can finish the three years' study?

It would be nice if you have some document about it though.

Anyway, also about the portfolio, do you accept digital pieces? Will digitals be valued less than traditionals?

Here's what I plan to submit for the portfolio. Is it good?

Charcoal:
    Nathan Fowkes study
    Group still life(something like a glass, a plate, bread, apple, fork, spoon) or drawing of leather boots or both
    self portrait
    Prud'hon study
    quick figure drawings from life
    drawings of my own hands and feet

Digital:
    one still life from life
    maybe one figure painting from photograph

ARGHHHHH, sorry, so many questions.

Thanks very much if you can answer all these questions.

Anyway, thanks very much.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by burning_chrome View Post
    StephenJ,

Thanks
    I don't know if we're suppouse to post our current schedule but I don't think anyone will care if I post an old one. So here's one from late last year. To be fair though this was a really busy schedule.

MONDAY
    11am-3pm A2 Head Drawing 3/ Vadim Zang 10 sessions 40hrs instructor/model
    4pm-8pm A2 Grisaille Figure 1/ Uninstructed 10 sessions 40hrs uninstructed/model Start 10/27

TUESDAY
    11am-6pm A2 Grisaille Cast Painting 1/ Richard Morris 10 sessions 60hrs instructor/no model
    7pm-10pm A2 Color Theory/ Sergio Sanchez 10 sessions 30hrs instructor/no model

WEDNESDAY
    11am-3pm A2 Head Drawing 3/ Uninstructed 10 sessions 40hrs uninstructed/model
    4pm-7pm A2 Still Life Painting 1/ Uninstructed 10 sessions 30hrs uninstructed/no model

THURSDAY
    10am-2pm A2 Grisaille Figure 1/ William Rodgers 10 sessions 40hrs instructor/model
    3pm-6pm A2 Still Life Painting 1/ William Rodgers 10 sessions 30hrs instructor/no model
    7pm-10pm A2 Composition 2/ Bill Perkins 10 sessions 30hrs instructor/model (last 3 sess)
    FRIDAY
    No class.

SATURDAY
    10am-3pm A1/A2 combined Animal Drawing/Dif. Day/David Colman 10 sessions 40hrs instructor/no model

18 Sunday.
    No class.

Hope that helps.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StephenJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Stephen. Yikes, busy indeed!?! LOL, now I feel completely underwhelmed in terms of actual class-time involved with a customized sessions approach. So, may I ask, are you on your 2nd or 3rd year of the atelier program?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anyone Stuying at the LAAFA in Van Nuys?

So, I live in Portland, OR right now. I've been looking at the LAAFA for a few months and I've decided I want to go for it. I've received the brochures from the school with all the tuition and class schedules. I just have a couple of dumb questions from anyone who studies there:

1) From my understanding, the LAAFA does not accept scholarships or grants, only Student loans. yes? If there are any assistance options available that I am not seeing, can anyone point me in the right direction? I have emailed the school about this, but they seem to be very busy and cannot email quickly.

2) LA seems like it would be a very large, expensive city for a student. Are the schedules for the full-time atelier too much to maintain a part-time job, and would a part time job be enough to sustain an apartment? Or would/should I apply for enough student loans to pay for living expenses?

Any info would be helpful, the are the only things I have any worries about at this point. I am REALLY excited about going to this schooL!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Xeom

I cannot give you an exact number, only my opinion. I would say the average living cost would be around $1200 a month... including rent. This could be high or it could be low.. it depends really on where you live. If you live in Van Nuys right by the school, you might be able to find a one bedroom for around $650-$700 a month but as you get closer to Encino/sherman oaks area.. prices go up.

Its really hard to say how much exactly you will spend. If you budget well, get your supplies at a cheap art store or online, and if you shop around for cheap apartments in a good area.. you may spend less than $1200 a month.

I hope this helps somewhat... Let me know if you have any more questions!

-Alex

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Death View Post
    Can I ask you something about the Laguna program?

First, does it apply to international students? And can I choose any major or minor as I choose? And is it possible that it suddenly ends before I can finish the three years' study?

It would be nice if you have some document about it though.

Anyway, also about the portfolio, do you accept digital pieces? Will digitals be valued less than traditionals?

Here's what I plan to submit for the portfolio. Is it good?

Charcoal:
    Nathan Fowkes study
    Group still life(something like a glass, a plate, bread, apple, fork, spoon) or drawing of leather boots or both
    self portrait
    Prud'hon study
    quick figure drawings from life
    drawings of my own hands and feet

Digital:
    one still life from life
    maybe one figure painting from photograph

ARGHHHHH, sorry, so many questions.

Thanks very much if you can answer all these questions.

Anyway, thanks very much.
    Aaron Death,

It does apply to international students, as long as you are a full time student you can go there on a student visa. I am not exactly sure if you do pick your major/minor.. I will have to get back to you on that. I do know that most of what you would be taking would be their required courses (ie. art history/ business/ english). And it is not possible that the agreement with Laguna College of the Arts will ever be terminated. So dont worry about that

We are in the process of getting our curriculum up to date on our website, along with more info about the Laguna transfer.

I like what you are planning to include in your portfolio! Digital pieces are totally fine, as long as you have some life studies in there as well. Awesome! I wish you the best of luck!

If you got anymore questions let me know!

-Alex

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenJ View Post
    I don't know if we're suppouse to post our current schedule but I don't think anyone will care if I post an old one. So here's one from late last year. To be fair though this was a really busy schedule.

MONDAY
    11am-3pm A2 Head Drawing 3/ Vadim Zang 10 sessions 40hrs instructor/model
    4pm-8pm A2 Grisaille Figure 1/ Uninstructed 10 sessions 40hrs uninstructed/model Start 10/27

TUESDAY
    11am-6pm A2 Grisaille Cast Painting 1/ Richard Morris 10 sessions 60hrs instructor/no model
    7pm-10pm A2 Color Theory/ Sergio Sanchez 10 sessions 30hrs instructor/no model

WEDNESDAY
    11am-3pm A2 Head Drawing 3/ Uninstructed 10 sessions 40hrs uninstructed/model
    4pm-7pm A2 Still Life Painting 1/ Uninstructed 10 sessions 30hrs uninstructed/no model

THURSDAY
    10am-2pm A2 Grisaille Figure 1/ William Rodgers 10 sessions 40hrs instructor/model
    3pm-6pm A2 Still Life Painting 1/ William Rodgers 10 sessions 30hrs instructor/no model
    7pm-10pm A2 Composition 2/ Bill Perkins 10 sessions 30hrs instructor/model (last 3 sess)
    FRIDAY
    No class.

SATURDAY
    10am-3pm A1/A2 combined Animal Drawing/Dif. Day/David Colman 10 sessions 40hrs instructor/no model

18 Sunday.
    No class.

Hope that helps.
    Know that this is not an exact schedule and that the curriculum is still being adjusted. If you do have any questions, please refer to Cindy- a school administrator for exact info! Call her at 818.708.9232

-ALEX

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by passjumpgo View Post
    So, I live in Portland, OR right now. I've been looking at the LAAFA for a few months and I've decided I want to go for it. I've received the brochures from the school with all the tuition and class schedules. I just have a couple of dumb questions from anyone who studies there:

1) From my understanding, the LAAFA does not accept scholarships or grants, only Student loans. yes? If there are any assistance options available that I am not seeing, can anyone point me in the right direction? I have emailed the school about this, but they seem to be very busy and cannot email quickly.

2) LA seems like it would be a very large, expensive city for a student. Are the schedules for the full-time atelier too much to maintain a part-time job, and would a part time job be enough to sustain an apartment? Or would/should I apply for enough student loans to pay for living expenses?

Any info would be helpful, the are the only things I have any worries about at this point. I am REALLY excited about going to this schooL!
    Passjumpgo,
    As of right now we only accept student loans. We have to be accredited in order to receive any government funding for grants and such.

LA is an expensive city but if you budget well, find an apartment in a good neighborhood thats cheap, and buy your art supplies online or at cheap art stores (ie. Dick Blick) you may be spending around 1200 a month. It may be more, it may be less.. it really depends on where you find a place to live and how much you spend on food. My advice is bring lunches! I, being a student in the full time program spend way to much money on eating out. It is possible to work on weekends and on breaks. It may be tough to get all the homework done...but students do it. I suggest checking with the school first to see if they need anymore people to work (setting up studios/ web stuff/ office work). Trust me, you are going to be practically living here you may as well be working here too!

Seeing as you will only be able to work on weekends, I am not sure if that would be enough to sustain an apartment...So i would suggest getting a loan that would cover at least half of the living expenses. If you can, i would make it so i could worry less about working my ass of to pay rent and worry more about my art.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions! If you do have any questions that you need answers to right away, call 818.708.9232!

-Alex

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

5-Day Figure and Portrait Painting Workshop with Jeff Hein

5-Day Figure and Portrait Painting Workshop with Jeff Hein May 27th-May 31st from 10am-5pm at the Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art.

Instructor: Jeff Hein
    Wed.-Sun., May 27th-31st, 10am-5pm
    Cost: $695

If you would like to register for this workshop, call 818.708.9232! Register as soon as possible because space may be limited.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Its not too late to register for these classes!

ITS NOT TOO LATE TO REGISTER FOR THESE CLASSES!

#101 - Basic Drawing Fundamentals

Instructor: Eric Pedersen
    Saturday, 1pm-4pm
    Cost: $350 ($250 for new comers to the school!)

This course introduces the fundamentals of drawing. How to hold a charcoal pencil, simple shapes, volumes, c-curves, s-curves, straights, edges, 4-value system, thumbnails, introductory composition, light sources, core shadows, reflective lights, are all covered in this course. This is an excellent course for students with little to no formal drawing training at all, or those wanting a refresher course in the basics. Great class for beginners!

#122 - Sketching the Figure

Instructor: Sergio Sanchez
    Tuesday, 7pm-10pm
    Cost: $495

The student will receive study in drawing the head and figure, using quick-sketch and longer pose study of the figure and head. This is a broad overview of the many aspects of drawing the figure.

#324 - Figure Quick Sculpt

Instructor: David Simon
    Tuesday, 7pm-10pm
    Cost: $475

If you are a new student to sculpture, Figure Quick Sculpt is a great intro class to that material. In this setting, you will be more focused on capturing the gesture with clay.

Students are taken from three to nine-hour poses, with the emphasis being on the mass concepts of the body and breaking the figure down into geometric shapes. Gesture and Composition is the mainstay of this fast paced high-energy class. Improvement through repetition is the beauty of this course. This course is also terrific if you are having problems understanding the large masses of the body in your drawings or paintings.

If you would like to register for any of these classes, call 818.708.9232! Ask about our new student discounts!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Free Drawing Class With Alex Alvarado!

Free Drawing Class April 25th!

Instructor: Alex Alvarado
    Saturday, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm

This Free Instructed Class is for people who are new to LAAFA, and have never studied with us before (one free class per person). The free drawing class will encourage you to see with your eyes and to draw with your hand. Instruction will be given in simple shading, lighting, core shadows, and learning to draw through an object. This is an excellent opportunity for students with little to no formal drawing training at all. Learning to translate what you see to paper is an exercise that will challenge you in new ways, keeping your brain and your imagination piqued. Come give it a try!

Bring your 18x24 pad of newsprint, some charcoal, a graphite pencil, a kneaded eraser, your right brain, and enjoy a class on the house. Our hope is that you realize how important art can be in your life, for without it we merely exist.

More experienced artists can also benefit from one of these classes. Bring along your work, and during the class, our instructor will take some one-on-one time with you to give you a free portfolio review. Find out where you are with your skill level, and where you can go!

If you have any questions, call 818.708.9232!

Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art
    16926 Saticoy St.
    Van Nuys, CA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Face To Face

FACE TO FACE

Featuring Southern California artists David Simon, Sean Cheetham, and Marc Trujillo

Saturday April 25th, 2009 at 1- 2:30pm at the Long Beach Museum of Art.

Join us for a panel discussion focusing on the collaborative process of three L.A. artists featured in David Simon: Dark Forest. More than colleagues, these long-time friends serve as artistic inspiration for one another’s portraits. Each panelist will discuss their process for creating figurative artworks and the challenges and rewards of collaborating with artists who work in different media and styles.

Space is limited and given on a first-come-first-served basis.

FREE with paid gallery admission, RSVP is required.

www.lbma.org

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am thinking about joining the atelier this summer, but I have a lot of doubts. First of all I've seen a lot of people leave the atelier out of various reasons. Second, no atelier student has come out of atelier as a successful professional artist, yet. How do I know you can an ordinary lay man and make him a master? Also, how do I know I would get a portfolio out of this and get my career started. The only student I see who has the potential to go pro would be Diego Mendoza.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenGodX11 View Post
    I am thinking about joining the atelier this summer, but I have a lot of doubts. First of all I've seen a lot of people leave the atelier out of various reasons.
    Could you please provide more specifics as to why LAAFA atelier students chose to leave?

Second, no atelier student has come out of atelier as a successful professional artist, yet.
    How are you defining "successful professional"? Are you referring to artists who have achieved a high level of name/talent recognition and acclaim or just those individuals who find steady work in the art field after completing the program?

How do I know you can an ordinary lay man and make him a master?
    More often than not, the return from any individual endeavor equals the cumulative efforts given towards one's goals - no one is going to make you anything other than yourself. And really, if any layman seeks to call himself a "master" after only three years at any endeavor, he's either a fool, a charlatan, or both.

Also, how do I know I would get a portfolio out of this and get my career started.
    Okay, why wouldn't you have a solid portfolio comprising of traditional works if you dedicate yourself to the program and work your ass off?
    To quote Benjamin Franklin: "Nothing is certain except death and taxes" - if you want guarantees, go buy a really good refrigerator.

Last edited by burning_chrome; April 25th, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Could you please provide more specifics as to why LAAFA atelier students chose to leave?
    I've asked a couple and it varies, one of my friends Christopher left because they didn't let him skip the stuff that he already knew, and thought the sessions classes would give him the same education that the atelier offered. Some other people left because they wanted to focus on entertainment stuff so they went to Art Center. Others left because they got discontented with the curriculum.

How are you defining "successful professional"? Are you referring to artists who have achieved a high level of name/talent recognition and acclaim or just those individuals who find steady work in the art field after completing the program?
    Successful artist, I would define them as individuals who find steady work in the art field.

More often than not, the return from any individual endeavor equals the cumulative efforts given towards one's goals - no one is going to make you anything other than yourself. And really, if any layman seeks to call himself a "master" after only three years at any endeavor, he's either a fool, a charlatan, or both.
    Okay, I guess your right about that one.

Okay, why wouldn't you have a solid portfolio comprising of traditional works if you dedicate yourself to the program and work your ass off?
    To quote Benjamin Franklin: "Nothing is certain except death and taxes" - if you want guarantees, go buy a really good refrigerator.
    Fine you're right I guess. I guess I would do the atelier and just work really hard to make my portfolio.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've asked a couple and it varies, one of my friends Christopher left because they didn't let him skip the stuff that he already knew, and thought the sessions classes would give him the same education that the atelier offered. Some other people left because they wanted to focus on entertainment stuff so they went to Art Center. Others left because they got discontented with the curriculum.
    There will always be students who don't quite fit into the program structure or perhaps already have a certain degree of foundational skills that the sessions path might indeed satisfy what he or she is looking to learn. Did your friend Christopher receive an inadequate explanation of why LAAFA administration would not let him bypass certain classes for which he had already demonstrated sufficient proficiency in his submitted portfolio? I think that if a person is extremely well-organized and disciplined with a good grasp of foundations, mix-matching sessions courses would be a good way to advance one's artistic skills.

Successful artist, I would define them as individuals who find steady work in the art field.
    You bring up a good point - I too would like LAAFA to tout their atelier and sessions students' eventual fates and put up some testimonials on their website from current and former students working in the field as professionals.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Second, no atelier student has come out of atelier as a successful professional artist, yet. How do I know you can an ordinary lay man and make him a master?
    It's my understanding that the Atelier has only been around for three years. If true no one has completed the program yet.

- Matthew Durante

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Exactly, the first group to graduate will do so this fall.

And to answer your question Burning_Chrome, I'm in year 2.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for answering Stephen. Any chance that you or someone else in the atelier program might start a separate "LAAFA Atelier Students" thread to post students' works, discuss relocation experiences, foreign students perspectives, career development, living in L.A. tips, etc. to provide prospective and entering students a sense of what to expect at the school?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should probably visit the school before making the decision to apply, to see if it's a good fit. I'll be happy to answer any more questions if you have them. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Reminder:

REMINDER: UPCOMING EVENTS

Our own "Renaissance Man" Rey Bustos, a classical anatomy expert, will be leading us on a Sketching and Museum-hopping trip through the artful world of Florence! August 6-14, 2009. Starting at $1750 per person*

Highlights or your trip will include:

Brunelleschi's Magnificient Dome - the Gothic Church of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo).

Ghilberti's Baptistry Door -"The Gates of Paradise."

Michelangelo's David.

The Medici Tomb.

Frescoes of Masaccio.

Boboli Gardens.

Beato Angelico's and Andrea Orcagna's famous Frescoes.

A private visit to the Vasari Corridor.

A visit to the very stone quarries Michelangelo used!

A visit to all the great painters' works - Titian, Rubens, Perugio, Leonardo...

Don't forget the sculptors - Michelangelo, Donatello, Cellini, and Verrocchio.

*Price includes 7 nights of hotel, daily breakfast and 5 art-loving tours of Florence. Pre and Post nights available.

For more info, call 818.708.9232!

5-Day Figure and Portrait Painting Workshop with Jeff Hein May 27th-May 31st from 10am-5pm.

Instructor: Jeff Hein
    Wed.-Sun., May 27th-31st, 10am-5pm
    Cost: $695

If you would like to register for this workshop, call 818.708.9232! Register as soon as possible because space may be limited.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Laafa 2009 Summer Junior High/ High School Program!

LAAFA 2009 Summer Junior High and High School Program!

Saturdays for four weeks- 9-12th grade

HEAD DRAWING AND PAINTING WORKSHOP –$175 (plus Materials fee) Saturdays 1-4:30 pm

July11-August 1, 09

FIGURE DRAWING AND PAINTING WORKSHOP- $175 (plus Materials fee) Saturdays 1-4:30 pm

August 8-August 29,09

These two workshops for Junior/Senior High School students. This is a studio class that will have students draw directly from the clothed model. Having the same quality as our adult LAAFA classes, the student will be given instruction on form, light, anatomy, and gesture. The first 4 weeks will be drawing and painting the head, and will emphasize the solidity of good constructive anatomy along with learning value and color control in painting. The second four weeks will offer the student an opportunity to study the entire clothed model in terms of value, color, lighting, and design. On the last week of each workshop we will have an art show to showcase the students work. Parents and friends are invited to the art opening.

Sundays for four weeks -6th-9th grade

COSTUMED FIGURE DRAWING WORKSHOP- $175 (Materials included) Sundays 1-4:30 pm July12-August 2, 2009

COSTUMED FIGURE PAINTING WORKSHOP- $175 (plus Materials fee) Sundays 1-4:30 pm

August 9-August 30,2009

Come draw and paint pirates, renaissance women, and other costumed characters! For the first class, you will be using graphite and charcoal to learn how to draw with good solid form, gesture, and anatomy. The second class will emphasize color and composition. You will be given instruction throughout the classes, helping you make your drawings more real and more dynamic. All materials will be provided for the students. On the last week of each workshop we will have an art show to showcase the students work. Parents and friends are invited to the art opening.

The LAAFA Teen Summer Drawing and Painting program is a wonderful introduction to the quality of classes that we offer here at The Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art. As part of introducing ourselves to the surrounding artistic community, we invite the parents of the children taking these classes to enroll in a concurrent LAAFA class for the four weeks that your child is here. Stay with us for the afternoon and enjoy 4 weeks of either a figurative drawing class or an uninstructed drawing and painting workshop class at a special Summer Community Discount. Take 4 Saturday or Sunday classes concurrently with your child for only $100. Stay and be a part of LAAFA!

If you are interested or have any questions about this program, call 818.708.9232!

Last edited by LAAFA; May 8th, 2009 at 02:42 PM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 20