drawing on acid

Sorry if this is old, used the search, found nothing

http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip1.html
    found it quite interesting..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    some of those are pretty damn tight.

Thanks
    interresting indeed, some drawings are pretty cool, and the comments are quite funny,
    still this is a horrible thing to do to a person.
    I hope that person never had aftereffects after that.
    now you can see how irresponsible the goverment has been, and still could be.
    Old sketchbook: 0shade0

Thanks
    I think some are spot on interesting, but I don't like the factor of "loss of control...."

Thanks
    heh.. how come i never get to participate in things like that?? ohhh wait.. yeah i did, it was called high school.. i think. - JAG
    it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    well,it's been posted 2 times before,but i guess it just never gets old...
    my fav is the one after 4 hours,where he "makes the last half-dozen strokes while running across the room".
    (the only thing bothering me is that my ex-gf is an acid freak)
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Anyone interested by this should check out the documentary Hoffman's Potion on youtube.
    0shade0: I don't think it was horrible at all, and probably this test was done voluntarily. In the US the research was mainly done by the military and CIA pursuing LSD as a weapon, in other countries, such as Canada most of the research was being done in a psychotheraputic strain. There was a startling success rate curing cronic alcoholics. Also, there are far too many lies and misunderstandings about these drugs, one of them being, "you're going to have crazy after effects where you loose all control for the rest of your life" Albert Hoffman dosed himself in his first controlled experiment with what he thought was the smallest amount of the substance that could still be active...25 milligrams...LSD it turns out is active in micrograms. He literally took the equivalent of thousands of hits of acid, and he came out the other end fine, and is to this day a totally sane old Swiss man. The real irresponsible action of the government was to ban these things out right and let urban myth replace fact. Infact I would say that's the primary failing of our drug laws, that they are based on misinformation, bias, and personal agendas, and not scientific fact.
    Last edited by Cthogua; February 22nd, 2007 at 10:13 AM.
    Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

The Sketchbook Lives AGAIN!

Darkergreen, My environment, and concept art portfolio

"Its all Fish-Men in the end anyway" -Sara, my wife

"Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure."
    Bertrand Russell

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 259 Posts
    My impression from this piece: over the space of eight hours, the volunteer produced nine sketches that looks like they were produced by nine people. In that same amount of time he could have produced one eight-hour piece of work or multiple consistent sketches, and he would have ended with no hangover.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Seedling
    My impression from this piece: over the space of eight hours, the volunteer produced nine sketches that looks like they were produced by nine people. In that same amount of time he could have produced one eight-hour piece of work or multiple consistent sketches, and he would have ended with no hangover.

lol yeah buit he probably did interestign piece sof artwork he could never expand from previous to the dose....Cthogua I agree this isnt some poor lab rat stuff, probably voluntary and under a controlled environment...

Thanks
    This is really interesting. I also like the one where he ran around while drawing the portrait.
    Cthogua. I have to disagree with you on this: "Infact I would say that's the primary failing of our drug laws, that they are based on misinformation, bias, and personal agendas, and not scientific fact"
    Everyone reacts differently to drugs, Just because some scientist came out alright doesn't mean others wouldn't. I am not a scientist, but I know for a personal fact that people can come out pretty screwed up doing drugs, it completely changes their lives. It does effect you and it is ignorant to think otherwise. But by all means it is your own life, just take responsibilty for yourself when your in a half-way house trying to get sober and the only job you can do is to be a Grocery Clerk.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Drugs are bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Peanut
    lol yeah buit he probably did interestign piece sof artwork he could never expand from previous to the dose....Cthogua I agree this isnt some poor lab rat stuff, probably voluntary and under a controlled environment...
    Any of the styles that his art went through while stones can be learned, controlled, and repeated while sober. Relying on a drug to reach a particular style would be a monumental waste of all the getting-there and recovery time, among other reasons.

And yes, this was a controlled study, and the artist was a volunteer. Our government does not test on human subjects without their concent. Ever.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flake
    Drugs are bad.
    mmkay

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Poise: I was in no way saying that drugs don't effect people and can't change lives, for the better or worse...and yes everyone does react differently to a certain degree to drugs, but if there weren't some large similarity we wouldn't have perscription drugs. I also agree that just because one scientist came out alright doesn't mean others nessecarily would, but we'll never know since research is prohibited. The largest problem, as I see it with western society and hallucinogens, is that we've lost the cultural context in which to place them. Many new world cultures have incorporated hallucinogens in ritual ways into their cultures for thousands of years, and they managed to work it out pretty well and not all end up drooling idiots. Infact most consider their experiences integral to a better understanding of their soceity and their world. Nobody's peeling themselves thinking they're an orange or any other such rediculousness. Look up Peruvian usage of Ayahuasca and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Also in almost every instance there is someone guiding the experience for the taker, the shaman. This person is there to help you process what is happening and to lead you away from confusion and fear to, hopefully, release and understanding. The problem is most people taking these substances in our society are doing so just to "get off" and have no context to place their new feelings and experiences in. Thus you have the 16 year old kid that managed to find some LSD somewhere (not too likely anymore), has heard maybe a few stories from movies and uninformed peers about what might happen, says "psshaw, I've been drunk before, I can handle this" drops his acid and goes to a party. He has unwittingly completed a recipie for disaster, he may still have a good time, he may also think he's going insane and call the police, the hospital, his parents, or worse, hurt himself or others. If there were more real, truthful information out there about what these things do, then he could have made a more informed decision...would he have definatly, theres no telling, but its in his hands at that point. However most people's heads are filled with complete non-sense and hysteria when it comes to the effects of hallucinogens. They lump them together with life destroying drugs like heroin and cocaine, completely ignorant of the differences. And hey, you don't need fancy hallucinogens...you can end up in a half-way house only able to work, if at all, at a grocery store with good ole friendly, stupifying alcohol you bought at that very same grocery store. All I'm saying is I want some rational examination of the facts of these substances, and laws based on those facts, not media fueled public hysteria or political game playing.
    Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

"Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure."
    Bertrand Russell

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedling
    Our government does not test on human subjects without their concent. Ever.
    Thats just not true at all. Americas primary interest in LSD during the late 40s and 50s was as a weapon and the CIA has admitted to several cases of giving it to unwitting tests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKULTRA

"On the Senate floor in 1977, Senator Ted Kennedy said:

The Deputy Director of the CIA revealed that over thirty universities and institutions were involved in an 'extensive testing and experimentation' program which included covert drug tests on unwitting citizens 'at all social levels, high and low, native Americans and foreign.' Several of these tests involved the administration of LSD to 'unwitting subjects in social situations.'"

now...thats from the Wikipedia, so take it as you will, but dig around anywhere you like and you'll find the same info.

....now the real threat is from threads I can't seem to stay away from
    Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

Bertrand Russell

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast