Art: I don't have a clever title, but Mom likes my pictures :(
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: I don't have a clever title, but Mom likes my pictures :(

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I don't have a clever title, but Mom likes my pictures :(

Hello-hello. I'm pretty new to photography and I'm looking for a few crits. Here are a few photographs taken with a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2. Tell me what you think, please.

3. I think if I had moved in front of the web then I could have gotten a better shot, but I was scared to move since the web was on a rich guy's yard.

6. The next two are a friend of mine. I thought she did a surprisingly good job modeling. All I had to do was just press the shutter.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    they're nice dude. i can see you've got alot of potential, and a strong eye for composition. Specific crits are a bit hard, except that the top one is a bit blurred. overall, really nice stuff, just keep practising and practising.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback and encouragement guys.

Beiijing: About number one, the guy in the picture is me, so I'll try to reshoot it. Maybe I'll get a small f-stop to blur the items in the back. I just really liked balance the painting was giving the photo.

Yeah, I had a blast with the portraits, but I have a hard time finding people willing to have them done. I'm thinking when it gets warmer outside I'll try some candid photography.

Looking at 9 and 11, I agree about the "snapshot" quality. I think I should have gotten a better angle of the church (Or gone inside of it *writes a note to self*). But for some reason I still like 10. You say there isn't much going on, but thats why I took the shot. I dunno if you have snow where you live, but it has a very calm, quieting effect (To the point that any movement or noise is startling), and I hope that my photo depicts that.

Thanks for the C&C again.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.