Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

IDW 0033: Insurgents' Toolkit

Compress images, they shouldn't be more than 200k

Topic: Insurgents' Toolkit

Background: For the average insurgent (lacking in an MIT education) a crowbar is not enough to gain access to high level military installations, and neither is firepower. Some situations require more subtle approaches while the use of explosives may be necessary at other times.

Brief:

1. Design a toolkit suitable for a variety of situations where firepower isn't necessary or is undesirable.

2. This should be easy to carry.

3. The priority is versatility.

Deadline: Wednesday 28th February

Research shows Industrial Design of the Week is addictive.
    Come get your fix.

Sculpty Fight! - The Sculpt & 3D Challenge

Flipbook 2
    www.Philistine.com.au

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im guessing this is set in the current time?? also, if it is, im hoping there is a ban on the use of existing complete products, so its forcing more like IED (improvised explosive device) style reinvention and reuse.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Time period is open, I was thinking present to future, but if you've got an idea for Le Resistance during the WWII then go for it.

Come get your fix.

Flipbook 2
    www.Philistine.com.au

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    does some rope count?...hehe, i might try this i suck at cow hehe

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rope was a joke...*thumbs up*

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is a toughie i think. they have to be original designs. but also there has to be a full toolkit of stuff, meaning lots of designs, and it all has to be inconspicuous. If you go with current day, your disguising stuff as real products, so they dont look original.... so i may go with futuristic , even if its only 3 years in the future, so any product designs can be original.

scratches chin..... what would an insurgent do.....

but i think the real ball kicker is the MIT comment.... does that mean the average joe has to assemble improvised stuff..... or can it be provided to him by a higher up or tech savvy insurgent.....

it just feels like the brief is boxing you in a lot...... i may casually ignore the MIT comment and say it was provided to him. Afterall, the average GI couldnt make complex weapons either, they get provided.

So a toolkit for infiltration missions by untrained civilian insurgents designed by an insurgent engineer? is that ok. im presuming it is, and will be giving it a go.

Last edited by evamonkeyn2; February 26th, 2007 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    to illustrate how desperate i am for time to do this, i would ask, is CA running on gmt , est or pst time? what i mean is ill be submitting as late as possible on the deadline day, and if its running on est or pst, that gives me extra time to submit, being as i am on gmt.

so is the deadline 11.59 pm est , pst or gmt or something else.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have you ever seen me close these on time? Particularly when we don't have any entries yet.

The MIT comment is a reference to Half-Life. Think of it this way - your average (or slightly above average) joe should be able to use the toolkit with (limited) training, i.e. not 5 years at Cambridge.

I might be putting an entry into this one, and I should be posting a new topic soon - like now: Bio-Electronic Computer.

Last edited by Flip; February 28th, 2007 at 06:53 AM.
    Come get your fix.

Flipbook 2
    www.Philistine.com.au

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HALF LIFE, A GAME I AM ASHAMED TO SAY I HAVE NEVER PLAYED.

thanks a lot man, i may well need some extra time as i had to knock out a slug concept for a mod today. I have my concept for this all planned out already and some rough sketches done, but in going to start the technical illustration now. cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is the wip, the coloured cleaned version will be up tomorrow evening if thats ok, with a full explaination of my planned breaking into some random secured building.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    evalmonkeyn2 - scary stuff man ,in good way.

When I was young, I could do all-nighters in my sleep.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha thanks goran

here is the final version at maximum length for entry

and if anyone wants a closer look.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2...edexcelgp6.jpg

And now, the insurgency pantomime theatre presents!

Mission- entry into FBI regional office to obtain hard copy evidence of informants operating within the insurgency.

The method for entering into the building is something we have been working on for about two months, and while not fool proof, it does have a chance of success. It is however, the kind of trick we will only get to use once, though, with the possibility of an informant in the lower echelons of the resistance a real possibility after last weeks incident, it would seem like there is no more important mission which could be undertaken.

Using the supplied Fredex uniform, approach the front entrance security check point. Place the package on the desk in front of the officer, and ask for his permission to pass and his signature and thumb ID. The signature and id scan he will do without question, it being standard, however, there is the chance that you will be asked to then step through the lobby x ray scanner.

In this instance, drag the package across the officers desk as you move to wards the scanner. This motion will agitate the gel membrane on the bottom of the package, causing the release of chloroform in sufficient concentration to cause unconsciousness/ severe confusion in the guard. The night before, we will damage the air circulator on the roof, so that this dizziness may be passed off as heat related in nature. Please remember to avoid inhalation of the gas.

NOTE
    If the guard fails to be sufficiently affects by the gas discharge, abandon the mission.

While the guard is unconscious , round the security desk, and move the package to the opposite site of the x ray scanner, placing it so as to suggest you had passed through, seen the guard fall, dropped the package and rendered assistance.

Approach the guard, draw attention to the situation even if it requires the use of the guards radio. So long as there is a witness now present, speed dial the ambulance. With the permission of attending staff, or when the ambulance arrives, ask if you can continue your work. The guards will note the position of the package, and without evidence to the contrary, assume you passed through the scanner cleanly. If they ask you retake the scan and they persist, you have to abort. It may be necessary to immobilise a number of guards if they are blocking obvious escape avenues.

By inserting the signing computer's stylus into the top right hole in the casing, and depressing fully, you raise the safety panel within the unit, allowing you to now depress the four status lights in order to fire the four corresponding .375 rounds. If necessary these can be used to injure or kill guards or take a hostage to facilitate escape, it can also be used to allow you to flee into adjoining corridors, and damage a reinforced glass window sufficiently to allow for your escape that way. God willing, none of this will be necessary.

Once within the building, remove the cover plate of the thumb scanner, whose gel membrane has kept an imprint of the guards thumb print. You should be able to use this to access low to medium level secured rooms, including the hard copy records room.

Once the information has been found and photographed, leave the building at best possible speed. However, there is a risk that upon retrieving treatment, the lobby guard may attempt to detain you, or worse still, your likeness may be known to members of the FBI due to the informants leaks, leaving you compromised within the building. Should this happen, retreat to a secured room such as a janitors closet or copy room. Change uniforms to that of the building standard janitorial uniform which we have modified to show evidence of superficial gunshot wounds. Use the blood packs and abrasive pads to further distress your appearance in the face and hair, obscuring your identity as much as possible. Detonate the tear gas canisters on exiting the room and take a prone position on the floor. Wait for attention from building staff. On seeing your condition, they will ask the front desk to call an ambulance, and be most surprised to find one had been called 15 minutes previously for a lobby guard. En route to the lobby, explain that you found a suspicious Fredex employee in the janitors closet, rigging some kind of device. If the lobby guard has reported your previous activity, this will confirm your new story. By no thew lobby guard will be unable to identify you once he had been secured in the ambulance, as our sympathetic medical technician will induce unconsciousness. Once you are in the lobby he will assess your fake uniform wounds as serious, and take you to hospital, fobbing off requests to question you until you have been stabilised in hospital.

Half way to the hospital, wash , put on the change of clothing the med tech provides, and pull over hat to cover any abrasive wounds to your forehead. Thank the medical technician and exit the vehicle at the next reasonable opportunity.

Your drop point for your camera phone will be relayed to you by the medical technician.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.