NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

boo

Hello
    Like just about everyone else in this thread, I'm new(ish.) Apparently I joined last year, although I don't remember doing it or ever visiting here in the past. Ah well.

I'm 21, I live in England, I want to be an illustrator of some description some day. Failing that, I'm going to open a reptile shop :-D hehe. Anyway, it's nice to be here, there aren't that many big, busy art forums that i've liked the look of so I'm pretty pleased to have found CA

I live on a rocky, terrestrial planet called Earth, orbiting a star in the Milky Way galaxy
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, all!

I've been to this site a few times before, but I just joined today. Seems like a cool enough site.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Carnifex for the guide.
    Hi!
    I’m Oskar, 21, from Sweden. I've enjoyed drawing from time to time during my life, specialized in drawing hot stuff() and cool stuff usually with a pencil. Now in an attempt to find a greater meaning in life I’m going to focus allot more on said craft. This is why I found my way here; to inspire and to get inspired, learn a lot of things and hopefully get some new friends =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the guide.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, my name's Tom. I mostly do comics but I also paint and do some design work. I've been lurking around here for a while. This place has been a great resource for my work.

Feel free to check out my site. I'm slowly going back and reworking some things on it. Been too busy.

opencrashcomics.com

comics)(paint)(graphix)(commission)(williams

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seems like a good thread for this. I Have just started posting my works here and a friend of mine said that really, it's not all about my work, I should be more social with everyone as well. I am a very easy going guy if a bit cynical but I guess I overlook the internet ettiquettes at times. I have decided to toss myself into the culture here and see what is what.
    Anyhow I'm excited about seeing the art, As that's one of my favorite parts, and I am full of trepidation about my own posts and progress but I hope to someday work and live off of my art and creative talents.

Looking forward to it all, my name is Phil Fortin and it's my pleasure to be sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No one ever reads these but It'll make me feel better ^^

I'm 19 and going into illustration. My stuff is here: http://www.mangarevolution.com/tintreas

I've put off visiting/using/joining concept art for.. a year now because well.. Its terrifying. I've used that time fairly well to slightly desperatly improve to the point where I can no longer really put off moving to a more professional forums if I'm to improve at the same pace.

But just reading this newbie topic has me quaking in my booties, hurrah for the next adventure!

Please don't eat me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I am a digital painter.
    I am a traditional painter.
    I am a photo manipulator.
    I am not by any means professional, nor will I ever be.
    I am severely bipolar.
    I love my bf.
    Talk to me on aim.
    Don't make fun of my profile picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tintreas, I read that.
    HELLO NEW PEOPLE, I'm new too.
    I've know about CA for ages, but it always really intimidated me. But a friend encouraged me to join and that this made up skill level requirement I have in my head does not exist. So here I am.
    I'm an animation student at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit. my focuses are 2d, stop motion, and experimental. My two major long-term goals at the moment are to make a drawn on film short thats at least two minuets long, and learn about 2 and a half d techniques.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I'm new at art and this forum so yeah, I hope this place can help me out.

risingfromashes is offline "Living down to expectation" Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all....new here just saying hello..finally...I have been doing this for a awhile (fine arts(gallery work) freelance.... some work for friends...the usual)and trying to get back into the swing as my job had taken over(retouching photos and doing pre-print)...so the skills suffered as I just started drawing again on a regular basis after almost 8 months of doing abso. zero....so give me a good kick in the ass..and I'll do the same...later days

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone ^__^
    new here.

I am majoring in Media Arts and Design.

I hope to improve my character design and illustration skills by leaps and bounds by the time i graduate from college (December '09), so i plan to take full-advantage of what this place has to offer. see you guys around^^

my deviantart: http://fatale16.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,my name's Clara and i come from Ancona,in Italy.
    I found this community thanks to my brother,because I love draw like him.
    I'm 20 years old,I've just finished the high school and probably,the next year, I'll go to the web design school. One years ago i've tried for the first time,to use some graphic sotware and I found a real passion for this.
    Anyway,i have to learn so much....infact I'm a little bit "scared" because my works are not so good like yours... -.-''
    Sorry for my english...I know it's so bad... =.=

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great forum! My real name is Kaj and this month I'm trying to pass my exams for the study Game Art (High Academy of Fine Art Utrecht). Fantasy Art & FInE Art is what I make.

Greetz from Holland.

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

My sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone! My real name is Micheal. i Started to draw and painting like one week ago. Only in primary school i was drawing some jet and tank...
    Last week the uncle of my mother offered me his version of Corel. and since im read a lot of tutorial and watching videos :how to paint: etc...
    I will post tonight my first work i finished just a moment ago. It took like 15 hours .
    Ah one more thing! Sorry for my english, but its not my first language nor my second.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, my name is Angie and obviously I'm new.
    Im 18 years old, live in the north of germany and I'm going to study art/illustration next year.
    I absolutely suck at digital art, I own a very old yellowed heavy tablet but figured out that my passion is traditional art. I like to use markers and watercolor.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=133008

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh boy i overlooked this one =( im so sorry for posting a thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My name is Claire.
    I'm 15 years old and I live in Adelaide.
    I'm just a beginner to painting and was looking for a good forum to assist me and give me some pointers, came across this one through Google, looks worthy enough.
    I'm a keen photographer and would like to pursue either photography, painting or graphic design as a career.
    I hope I can use this forum to gain some good pointers!
    Thanks.

(I hope I'm not one of those 'annoying noobs' though... I might ask a lot of questions.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey all,

I'm Aaron, 25. I have a degree in fine arts and hoping to become a 3d animator. Matte painting and concept design are also very tempting fields so coming to this forum was a logical thing to do.

I've been enjoying the COW threads so I just might submit an entry sometime. (When I learn how to draw animals that is )

later

http://mutiny-in-the-air.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello! My name is Rachel and I'm currently studying Web Design & Interactive Media. I found this forum while searching for anatomy/drawing tutorials (stumbled upon KChen's posts...which are good!).

Although I am studying web interfaces, I would like to get back (or rather, start again) into figure drawing which is why I signed up to learn from others. Hope to post some things soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, im new here and i already am enjoying this forum! great thing i did a google search xD im thomas, age 13 and a male ^^ xD
    i already posted some art before reading this in the "finaly finished" section
    so i would like you to check up on it since im not sure where it should go ^^
    link: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=134002
    in my opinion this should go to the critism section so please move it! xD

-the source of energy-
    DeviantArt
    ArtWanted

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Well hello there ^^

Okay introducing myself now
    My name is Frank, 17 years old and i live in the Netherlands. I attend school at the media college, after a year of Interactive Designing I figured it wasn't something for me. So this year i'm going to follow Graphic Design (drawing with the hand and such).

I've drawn all my life so far as i can remember, first i drew cartoons (in example; Donald Duck). Now i can draw more detailed, and i can draw human bodies well. I grew up in a non-graphic environment, my mum paints once in a while but that's all. Still, with no good motivation, I tried my best and drew whenever i could. Now i just want to learn more about drawing.

I won't be posting any work yet, as it isn't good compared to all of the drawings i've seen here. I want to learn more about colouring with photoshop, and soon i'm getting a drawing tablet, i'm getting a tattoo for my grandfather as he supported my drawing as long as he lived.

Well that's all i guess (Oh yeh, i play Guild Wars, and i love the artwork that was posted here)

;EDIT; Omg, i forgot my DeviantArt. My drawings are not there though, but some comics that you might enjoy. http://hijaru.deviantart.com

Last edited by Hijaru; August 17th, 2008 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something /shame

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!

I'm Erin, a student from San Diego CA. I've lurked this place for a while and decided to get some courage to sign up. I love to go here for motivation, and its about time that I should participate here.
    Hopefully I can start a sketchbook soon and maybe join some activities.

See you all around!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I recently signed up to CA, and I hope to be chatting with people online soon, and hopefully I'll be getting more of my work out to everyone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone.
    I'm a 16 year old aspiring illustrator from the U.S.
    Came to CA because I fell in love with everyone and their art?
    I'm hoping your skills and techniques could rub off on me, I would love to have a mentor sooner or later. I need to work on so much stuff.

DA: http://haxuu.deviantart.com/
    There's nothing there. Will get stuff up later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello CA, I'm Mel, an illustration/fine art student from Australia. Ive been lurking at Ca for a few years, now I feel more up to posting my stuff, working my butt off and learning as much as I can. Although I'm not really aspiring to be a concept artist, I reckon any type of artist or designer could learn so much from here.

I'll seeyas 'round. Woohoo!

VielGonzales is offline Aspiring Professional Concept Artist Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm new here so where do I introduce myself? Is it necessary? Thanks.

WELL, I LOVE TO DRAW.
    Me Little Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi people,
    I'm not so new now, but i never speak here.
    So my real name is Jérémie, i'm 26 and from France.
    I'm a graphic designer.

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by VielGonzales View Post
    I'm new here so where do I introduce myself? Is it necessary? Thanks.
    it is not mandatory,but you have come to the right place for it.
    welcome
    everybody else so far too.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 169