NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, figured I'd say "hi." I graduated from ACCD in december and figured I'd join up here, maybe get some help finding a job/exposure as well as being willing tohelp others out where I can. I have my work up on my blog at http://coenearts.blogspot.com/ and welcome anyone who wants to to go take a look.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, i just joined. my name is krystle.
    um, i havent gone to college (though i was contemplating a local private art school this past year, but the tuition cost told me, "no"), but i work amateurly. i dont sell any of my work, i mostly do it for fun. i draw with traditional media (pencils, charcoal, blahblahblah) and occassionally do watercolour painting. i havent gotten any of my work online yet due to my lack of a scanner (though that's first on my list of purchases soon).
    basically i'm kind of in an "art rut" and have been having a lot of trouble drawing anything. i mostly do portraiture, but have been wanting to stray from that and learn more of the human anatomy. hopefully this site will help with that.
    i'm looking forward to posting more often.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

U-turn

Hello... Words. Need words to introduce myself... Well honesty sounds best. Okay here goes.

The Tale of the Little Miss Stuborn

Once upon a time, in a land of rain and sheep, there lived a student.
    One day whilst attending to her studies of computing science, and not having a great time of it I can tell you, a strange feeling came over her. She looked at her computing project, then at her (ever worsening) grades, then at her doodles (which took up the space supposed to be for lecture notes in her notebook). The doodles being by far the best of the three.
    With a start she realised that everyone had been right all along. She was good at art. She enjoyed making art. She should be doing an art degree.
    Being too far into the computing science degree to withdraw and retain her eligibility for a student loan she resigned herself to its completion.
    Now she seeks for some means to attain her true career.

Not The End

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi i'm sheltz and i'm 20 and i live on a small island called st.lucia

but anyway i joined here just to see how sum of the pro's work and also to try to try to be on the same level as them or just be a proffesional at what i do , i'm planning to buy a tablet to increase my speed at colouring and also my accuracy . right now i'm just practicing on my colours and drawing. i really want my art to show what i really feel inside and also to tell a story. my mom keeps telling me anything i do i should do it good and the principle i'm trying to live by.

why be a fan when u can actually be something you like

cision is offline Visioneer and friend to Captain Solo Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello good people of CA! I discovered this strange and wonderful place a couple of weeks ago and now I am leaking inspiration.

I am an art director doing mostly marketing design and stationery design.

I haven't done any proper illustration in a while, so I am hoping to get back in the groove and contribute.

I have posted a few things in the daily sketch group and I look forward to this little adventure we all share.

That's all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, everyone.

I finally joined after lurking around for a long time. Art is purely a hobby for me, but I still want to do it well. I have a dA account, which is fun, but it isn't particularly useful - so I've finally overcome my shyness enough to get myself over here and hopefully receive some good advice that will help me improve. I'm looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by rapxic View Post
    hi i'm sheltz and i'm 20 and i live on a small island called st.lucia
    My brother-in-law is from St. Lucia - so is one of my professors. It's gorgeous there!

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi my name is Rikki. I alternate between Concept Artist and Graphic Artist depending on where I'm trying to find work. I've been lurking this forum for a while but I found this thread and decided to finally come out of the shadows. I mostly draw demons, only because they're fun to draw even if they can get a bit cliche sometimes. My style is cartoonish but these days I'm striving for higher verisimilitude in my art. Usually when I do art on the computer, I scan one of my sketches and retrace it Flash using a tablet and the paintbrush tool. I like drawing in Flash because it's more intuitive for me and it's easy for me to fine tune my work. As well as drawing, I like to write though, as you can tell, I tend to be a bit random sometimes. Nice to meet you all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello. While I realise that it's fairly useless to put up an introductory post both after I've already introduced myself in the chatroom and this post being so far down the list of views that it's doubtful anyone will read it, my sense of netiquette won't really let me take the next step until after I've put up something more official. That being said...

My name is Ghostrhyme, Ghosty, Jade, and every once in a while Tyler. I am 22 years old, living in Washington State, and figuring out what I'm going to do next. I've always been artistic, as pretty much anyone else here can say with equal truthfulness, but it was not until a few years ago that I started taking my art seriously. I work mainly in graphite, sometimes branching out with paint, pastel, glass, wood, cameras, and anything I manage to get my hands on. While I'm fairly adept for someone that is entirely self taught, I want to go to school and enter the industry, both as a concept artist and a fine artist with gallery work. My work isn't at that level yet, as any visitors to my deviantart will attest. I need to improve, dramatically, before I can put together a portfolio for college. Being self taught, I've never had formal training, or even guidance, and I'm hoping that this massive collection of experience can help me out and give me the edge I need to take my art to the next level. If you are curious as to what I can do, I'll put my DA link below. I get the feeling that might be taboo here, but I don't have my work posted anywhere else, and my computer (where all of the scans are stored) is currently located elsewhere.

All of that behind me, I look forward to participating. Any help, even if it's pure negatives concerning my skill, is appreciated. Take the good with the bad and use both to grow. Here's the linkage. http://jadewolfstudios.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone, obviously I'm relatively new here. I joined a few weeks ago and have been looking at all of the tutorial type things and mainly Seedling's "assignments" and have been doing those for practice along with many other exercises. I'm a 15 year old kid whose looking majorly into concept art, and mainly character concept art for a future job, and have been researching much about college and what paths to take and so far I've gotten the most helpful information from conceptart.org. Also, after looking I plan on going to this Atelier if I am able to by the time a graduate.

Thank you for the help so far, this site has been extremely helpful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to say "Hello". New here, I found the site through a friend.

Hopefully this will be a great experience. ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hadn't seen this thread.
    So: Bérengère, frenchspeaking (so excuse my poor english) alternative model, ballerina, clothes designer and seamstress and trying to improve my painting and drawing skills to a semi-professional level.
    Oh, and I study biomedical sciences too. Sometimes.
    (photographic work is up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17983037@N04/)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all, i'm a bit of an oddball here....
    Been a mechanical engineer for 15ish years. Have always loved art and worked very hard to keep up with you guys. But just wasn't that good at it. I was for lack of a better word...too mechanical.

Now, I come to you guys for inspiration to my engineering perspiration. There are some hobbies which I do need quite alot of help though...
    -bix

A little of this and that, hopefully nothing explodes right away....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'allo, my pseudo-name is D.C., because my real name can be a pain when there's someone in the class with the same pronunciation. xP

I'm 19, studying animation, with illustration as an afterthought. My art consists of robots inspired by the works of Isaac Asimov and Masamune Shirow. But I do come around and draw weird monsters and regular humans.

I wish that someday I can code AIs and build robots as a hobby. :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone! I've wanted to join this forum for a while, but didn't think I was ready until recently. So here goes.

My real name is quite boring, so just call me Kezrek. I'm currently a seventeen-year-old in high school taking AP Art as an outlet. I'm going to Ringling this fall, into the Game Art and Design program, which I'm freakishly excited for. That's about it, I guess.

If there's anyone in the game art and design field, I'd really appreciate some tips and suggestions. I'd also love to see your artwork!

I do have a DeviantART gallery, by the same name of Kezrek.

Thanks for your time, guys. Ttyl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I'm Zak, I'm 11 years old. I promise I'm not going to spew crappy work all over the board, I'm better than usual for my age. I really want to improve though, so I joined Conceptart because it looks like the best place for constructive criticism and stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I finally found this thread! Yay! *sketches*
    My name is Sazi I will be 16 in a couple days. I'm a student in WI and I'm going to start taking college courses next year with my high-schooling. I'm still finding out what one earth I want to do. I know I want to practice art but I'm still uncertain what in.
    I love drawing, sewing, designing stuff, and painting. I'm reading the War of Art at the moment which is really kicking me in the butt and I feel I better get on my marry way so that's why I'm here.
    I'm excited to get some work up here and receive constructive criticism!

Last edited by Sazi; April 28th, 2008 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I'm new here. Found out about this site through a classmate of mine. Looks really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's art and sharing some of my own illustrations.

"And you will shed tears of scarlet."

.desk is offline Drowning in erasure debris. Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so uh... names Ricky. 16. i havent really been too into art, in fact ive only seriously considering design as a future career like... a month or two ago. looking at some of the art here, i feel really intimidated to post up my own crappy stuff. i certainly look forward to learning from the masters.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm new here. I have no real art skills, just doodling. Anyone know where I should start first?

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by acaciaxtract View Post
    I'm new here. I have no real art skills, just doodling. Anyone know where I should start first?
    sketchbook section. if you want specific crits on a piece though, go into the sketches section, and when it's finished,into the critique center.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone on CA. Ive admired the stuff that goes on here at CA for a while. Im 23 and a 3D designer by trade. I was thinking of doing a sketch today so I entered the C.O.W challenge. I might set up a sketchbook too, Ive got lots to learn.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey another Donaldson! Are we related? welcome!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturns Gate View Post
    Hey another Donaldson! Are we related? welcome!
    I dont think we are related lol, my relatives are in south africa and new zealand and the UK. Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm new here. I am a recent art school graduate looking to break into the field. I have some art posted here and I'd like some critiques on it and/or advice on trying to become a concept artist.

To Captain Bender: He's great... at being a jerk... who's stupid, and his big ugly face is as dumb as a butt!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Y halo thar.

Nothing really interesting to talk about. Been stalking this website for the past whenever and I finally grew the balls to sign up. I'm pretty much self-taught and I've yet to take any "real" art classes yet. It shows through mah artwork on, you've guessed it, DeviantART.

I mainly signed up to learn from the pros since I felt I wasn't improving that much hanging around DA (tho I still post their since all of my other buds around DA), and I needed DISCIPLINE! So I figured if I hang around here there might be some worthwhile improvement in my artwork and I can finally start being productive again.

I mostly draw in some sort of weird-ass cartoon style, but I'm trying to take a break from it to learn some new techniques so I don't feel like I'm being redundant. Right now I'm trying to get in the habit of doing some digital painting in Corel Painter, but right now I'm in a brainfart on where to start, specifically with finding some good brush combinations as well as color, etc.

Hopefully you guys can help a brotha out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello hello everyone at CA!

I have always liked this forum and I enjoy checking the sketchbooks section and just reading and looking, lurking and all that, but since I do enjoy drawing myself and I do wish to improve, I figured I'd register up since the other forum that has been my main forum for 6 years recently went to hell kinda, I was looking to migrate and since I love games much and all that, it's nice that CA also has some casual forums for that stuff.

I hope it won't be that hard to fit in, but I'll lurk some more in the casual forums before I post a sketchbook or of that nature, trying to learn the ropes and rules of this forum.

Looking forward to staying here!

EDIT:
    (Yes, I did register 2006 but didn't really do much with the account, looking to become quite regular here. )

Last edited by Johanz; May 14th, 2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to write about my registering date)
    Arr, yarr...!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi. I was pointed this direction from a couple friends.

I enjoy breaking things, whiskey benders, long walks on the beach and making things go very fast.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello every1,

I am a newbie here. I am student. Art & craft are my hobby .
    so thought of signing-up in this wonderful forum.

GhostValkyrie is offline The deep satisfaction of radical ends.. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,
    My name is Elijah. I'm 22, from Dallas, Tx. I am currently stationed in Sasebo-shi, Japan.
    I have a beautiful wife (Mizue), and a crazy-handsome baby boy(Adrian). Been in the military over 4 years, can't wait to get out. I started drawing when I was about 3 years old, and have tried various other mediums, but graphites and paint brushes has always been my favorites.

I love art; It is my passion. I feel like it is truly a living, breathing entity and can allow us to use it to our advantages and can reward beyond imagination. Regardless of whether you seek honors, monetary gains, or simply to inspire others. Being a part of team is great, but I prefer friendly competition and reciprocating constructive criticism. The more we try to best eachother, the harder we will strive, the more others will be inspired and the better art will be as it continues to grow.

I'm happy to be a part of this community and can't wait to begin networking again with other artists.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to GhostValkyrie For This Useful Post:

Izi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all..I am new here and just popping in to say hi.. I am a fantasy artist and have been using the computer for art work a little over 10 years...I currently use poser and TwistedBrush Pro.. anyway again hello and hope to meet some interesting artists here...

BlueFantasy

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 169