NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide

Wooly ESS is offline personal reinventor and observer of life Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another Noobie here! I've been poking around CA for several months, and decided to register. For the looks of the membership, I'm probably the oldest guy on the site.

I'm strictly a "traditional" artist, at least so far. I'm impressed with the drawing skills around here though, and I hope to learn from the site. When I get organized, I will start up a sketchbook for your enjoyment and critique.

The truth will set you free,
    but first it's gonna piss you off!

Website
    www.ceandersonart.com

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ed-...47726545290769

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys,

My name is John. I'm new here, and also quite new to digital painting. I'm 17 years old and I finished school about a week ago, only 4 exams left and I'm free

Digital painting had always been on my mind but I'd never actually tried it until a month or 2 ago for one of my school Art majors. I chose to do a character concept for my final. Anyway, I'll post that in the crit section after I post this.

I found this site from someone on my watch list on dA and couldn't resist joining. From what I've seen your all extremely talented!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hallo, I joined up a while ago, but this is only my third post. What's up?

"It's like how everyone from our generation keeps shower curtains open because they fear zombies." Michael Grinshpon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Hello there, newb here.
    I once spied this site about six months ago, wet myself, then ran away, but now that I feel more comfortable with my own skill I am now postin here. I am a highschool student but I want to learn more, I want to do more, I want to become better. My early inspirations in life came from envy in some way (around the 8th grade), but now they come from being either
    A. P.O.'d
    B. Happy thoughts (music)
    or C. The omgwtfbbq thought that I just had to put on paper.
    (and the occasional stroll through the online gallery of Zdzislaw Beksinski...)
    The only problem is, I don't want to pursue a professional art career, I want to be a biologist. But, because I view a lot of animal life I like to draw it and *evil chuckle* attempt to mold it into a different shape, size, animal, or whatever. My favorite subjects to use are dragons because of them being flying reptiles . Also, just because I want to pursue a different career path does not mean that I do not want to improve myself. In a way, I've always wanted to do something artistic good because I'm not really understood a whole lot, yet when I put an image on paper and explain it I feel as if something might have just turned on that imaginary light bulb on top of one of my peer's heads. I live in a small town, aaaahhhhhh!, aka. sport-orientated you-can-run-from-the-cops-and-we'll-still-let-you-play-as-running-back-in-a-football-game town. But for some weird feeling, it feels like the repressed feelings I get there actually drive me to do better so whatever works I guess.
    Below is a worm.
    Name:  larval.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  149.2 KB

I really hope to improve myself as much as I can digitally and paper + pencil. (mostly digital because it seems funner and it has a weird "I'm sculpting with a two-dimensional computer canvas!" feel. But I am still waiting for holiday season until I can convince my parents to buy me a wacom...).
    I'd like to stay and chit-chat more but it's late where I am at and I get tired quick.
    So Thank You and Goodbye for now.

Starting a path of a winding road.
    Always looking for help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes. I've been around for 3 years, 2 years ago I made an account (TDR), posted a few of my things but I didn't realized how much they sucked and I was sad that I got very very few replies so I stopped posting, but I kept lurking around. Now I grew a new, bigger set of balls and made a new account because the other one was too shameful and I'm here to stay. I started by making a sketchbook and I use this moment to steal some attention for it: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=110909. And I was preparing to lose a little at the LMS3 but I'm a reserve so I guess it's pretty much over, but who cares anyway. Just being here is nice. That is all.

edit: I'm in LMS3! Some pussies pussed out, and I was like the first reserve so I got in. Now on to getting my ass kicked...

Last edited by metalpiss; November 28th, 2007 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! I know not many people will read this post but introducing myself makes me feel more comfortable. My name is Lindsay and I'm an art student. I don't have a ton of spare time so I'll probably lurk mostly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello. I'm not exactly new since I've been a member for quite a while, but I haven't exactly been active on CA nor have I put up any art, partly because I still feel like I need to improve my techniques and lack confidence.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Hi! Um, I'm new here.
    I came to get some comments on my art so I can get better. < 3

Anyone who steals it is subject to my wrath. < 3
    pld:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also a noobie

Just thought I say hy, I'm here cuz I'm desperate xD

time to get drilled.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...02#post1551002

break me down, build me back up. I'd love you for ever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everybody,

my name is ed, i'm a product designer (recently out of a job) so i've got plenty of free time to look for a new job and get my art on!

When i'm not sketching or doing freelance scraps, i'm having a cup of tea dreaming of becoming a film artist.

i'm looking for good crits and good company, and in return, i feel i may be able to impart some help from my own experience as a product designer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh hai thar, I'm relatively new and I've alredy got some haters
    Nice to see some new guys!

Have a fun/great stay at CA!

Sketchbook. Treat Me Like A Moron
    I'm a dick, sometimes two. Hence my name.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Suppose im pretty new here as well although i registered over a year ago i didnt post until a couple of weeks ago, my real names Craig im 24 from a wee town in Fife Scotland. I like pina collada and getting caught in the rain. Done a couple of Portfolio courses after leaving the Marines but really didnt like being told what and how to draw. ( Im a rebel without a clue) basically just trying to get a bit better at what i do decided to bite the bullet and post up some stuff in the hope i would get some crits. Dont have a lot of up to date stuff yet as im to busy at work but will get some new stuff up soon. Feel free to check out my SB if you like it tell me if not then tell me what you dont like? Anyway rambling a bit now so HI!

Stop your grinning and drop your linen! Found them!

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=110725

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everybody my names Zach and I'm an aspiring concept artist who wants to work in the games industry. I've been drawing for a while but mostly just random things like monsters, aliens, guns, starships, robots, and other things like that. I'll be starting college soon and will hopefully share some stuff soon with you guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! I'm really glad I found this site... its kind of going to be the place I aspire to post my art in, once I get better. I love all the tutorials and other very helpful tools for artists you have here, can't thank you enough.

I have a question about critiques... I'd love to try and help other people out, but, as I have almost no experience myself, I'd feel like I'm just wasting everyones time pointing out perfectly obvious mistakes- am I going in the wrong direction thinking like this? Or am I right in thinking that I shouldn't attempt to make technical critiques when I have little technical experience myself?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking BN to the KB to the VC

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin Bush. I know a few people sporadically thrown about on these forums (there are so many... this is seriously the largest art forum I've seen, and that's completely awesome... I'm envious.) You may or may not know me as Bastard Ninja from several other forums. Otherwise, I'm known as Valhalla Comics on several other other forums. I run a small comic/art community on the web, called... you guessed it, Valhalla Comics (www.valhallacomics.com). I run weekly interviews with comic and art industry professionals here: http://mugoblog.valhallacomics.com, I co-write a web comic called Lil' Gods here: http://comics.valhallacomics.com, run a forum, a newly implemented comic review site here: http://reviews.valhallacomics.com, and also an online retail store, specializing in comics, art, art/collecting supplies. =]

I really hope that I get to know some of you guys/gals a lot better, and maybe one of these days we can hook up for an interview or two.

I've browsed around a bit, over the last several days, and I've been floored by the talent that's here. A lot of you are brilliant... to say the least, and I can't wait to see more from you! =]

Anyway, I hope that I can contribute in a positive way, while I'm here, and if you need anything just let me know.

Talk to you soon,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I’m new member to CA and to art in general. Everyone has to start somewhere and for me that was last week. I can do photo editing in Photoshop pretty well but I always thought I wasn’t talented enough to draw or be artistic but then I never tried before so we’ll see. Cheers everyone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hai all, I just registered =D

I've been drawing for many years but have only recently started properly working on improving my skills and I'm especially interested in learning airbrushing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New here,
    absolute newbie at computer based design, develop my own photography, and did a stint in fine art as well as not so legal artwork in the past.

Im studying now for a BA in graphic design management, so Im here to see the cutting edge of design as well as maybe try to recruit for business ventures.

I'll be home,
    When hair has fallen out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi All!

I'm Angela, I've been working more seriously at my art since 2006, I mainly do pencil and coloured pencil art, but have recently started dabbling with a graphics tablet and surprised it works rather well!

I hope to make lots of new friends and partake in challenges - I love challenges! I also love comics, sci-fi & fantasy movies, and lots of fantasy art! Luis Royo and Greg Horn are amazing artists, maybe one day I can aspire to be like them!

I can dream anyway!

Looking forward to meeting you all! Take Care,

Raven Heart

Please view my Sketchbook

Sindorix is offline Ninja-J of the Sindorix Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm Sindorix. This is my first time on ConceptArt.org. I love to draw and produced artwork and work in colored pencil and marker media. I was hoping to built up my profolio from here so I can start my own website. Can someone help me around here please?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try starting a sketchbook thread in the sketchbook section or post some work for critique in the critique section.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Emily G, I've started a sketchbook thread (you should be able to find a link in my signature), and I'm doing the Medusa Character of the Week challenge!

I love this site already!

Raven Heart

Please view my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am Tye! I am in the great PNW WA... I have been a member for quite sometime, but not very active. I just started really digging in and looking through the site recently (tunnel vision combined with comfort zone = not much wandering) I have started throwing advise out there a lot more (hopefully helpful advise), but haven't posted up much "art"... will work on that though! I am really bad at scanning things in and posting... bad bad me... great to get to knowing all of you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not exactly new but I figure why not post here and introduce the hell out of myself. I've been here for a while

I guess Im the standard member. Lurked for a long while posted up a SB lost it in the bowels of the forums. Got discouraged from posting, lurked for a while ,longer and started new SB thread. This place has got to be my favorite art site. So much talent inspiration and great people. I still get pretty intimidated by all the awesome but I'm making an effort to put myself out there.
    Hope one day to be a concept artist.

If you aren't your harshest critic you're doing it wrong
    The Moleskine Mural Project--->http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=140345

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAI.
    I'm Cyhunt, Crazy Moody Blues fan!
    I like Naruto, Moody Blues, videogame(mostly Spyro)
    I'm 12 years old. Yeah.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,
    I am Pieter, I'm a graphic design student from the Netherlands with an interest in illustration.
    I'm planning on starting a sketchbook here soon (heck I'll do it now)

greetings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll make this short and sweet. Name's Ian, just got out of college with a BS in Graphic Design (And currently finding a job for experience.) CA looks really neat and I look forward to aiding and helping out others with pieces via critique and such. Eventually I'll post some sketches and such, even though most of them are on my DA site, but I do whip up something new from time to time.

Btw, the info here has been really helpful. Thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahoy CA.org!
    My name is Brandon, and have been arting it up as long as I can remember.
    I feel that this place is perfect for me. I've always felt my art was lackluster (like any artist, amirite? ^^; ) so I think this place can really be the place for me, where I can spread my artistic wings and begin to soar as an ART GOD!!!! *dramatic pose*
    thanks! and hope to see you all around!

Paperdoll is offline ...is craving some sponge cake Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya there, just registered and all... well I didn't want to start off with just some random post, like I never do XD so I looked for the welcoming thread or something like it, and here I am.

Now on to the good stuff... I'm not an aspiring artist in a professional way, hope that doesn't get in the way of posting around here... since I've noticed quite a few of you aspire to a career in the arts... however it's one of my main hobbies and it's something I really, really do want to improve.

I've never had art classes in my life or had the opportunity to, although I've been drawing all my life, mainly women, due to influence of my brother who draws a bit, but mostly learned from comic books (meh, I know). I only started taking drawing and improving more seriously since I got an internet connection and actually got the first of the few criticism I've ever had, so one could say I've been drawing in a more "serious" way, for a couple of years now, mainly learning from internet tutorials etc... I haven't practiced as much as I'd like to, although lately one could say I'm in a drawing spree :p

I know I have at least... eeeh... 98&#37; to learn and I'm not here to get a few personal teachers... not that. I've just been lurking and felt that this could be the place where I could actually get some serious criticism and pointers on what I could do to improve myself.

No worries, I'm not looking for pats in the back and "OMGZ that's liek so cool!".

I really want criticism.

Really XD

Hmm I think that's enough of an intro for now XD

Btw, the name's Carla :p

Edit: oh btw if something's not clear... eh english is not my first language + being tired + being nervous no reason, makes Dollie a bad speller XD :X

Also I'm a bit lost regarding where I can post my stuff... since it's mostly sketches and pencil lineart. I won't bother with my digital stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Hi, everyone!

My name is Ilya and I just registered here.

I saw some of the stuff posted at Conceptart.org and I'm always amazed at how many talented people are out there.

Me - I can't say that I can draw well, but I love doodling and cartoons.

I've been doodling/drawing on and off for a couple of years, and here's probably the best that I can come up with (although its not my idea, just a copy of somebody else work, hehe)

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 169