NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya, newbie here from Malaysia, (the land where people are in Love with the local food) and also one who lurks here too for a long time.
    And er...is the digital PS is close or what? Nobody ain't giving critiques or advice there...I see someone who posted on 5th or 4th March but nothing for him/her...

In this world set by God,
    Imagination is our magic...

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...99#post1542899

My Sketchbook above. (Way too long ago... been a busy college student)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, its always a bit intimidating to find a place to make one's first post in a forum so big, so I guess I'll just say hello here! I'm Pimmy on the internet, and I'm 19 years old. I consider myself pretty ok at drawing, but lately I've been feeling the urge to really improve in a serious way. Stumbling across this place is a perfect stroke of luck! I promise I won't be any trouble, I'm a nervous person so I always read the rules twice over!

It seems I also ramble. I think I'll be off to see what this whole sketchbook thing is like! There's SO many awesome topics here and I've only been lurking for an hour!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like someone else said prior, this can seem like a very intimidating place, I hope I'll ease into a better level of comfort the more I post, and the less I lurk.

A bit about myself, I go by Pyrex, Spooky, or Aries online. In real life my name is Andrea Sears, I'm 15 years old and from a small rural town in Nova Scotia.

Growing up I thrived on anime and western comics, when I started to draw I found anime the 'easier' thing, so that's what I sunk into, though I'd like to retain a bit of my cartoony pleasures, I'd really like to move away from the more japanese influence. This is one of the reasons I finially decided to sign up here, after being a long time lurker.

I have a bit of a thin-skin so I hope I can deal with it, I'm very open to C & C, I've gotten very tired of just getting a pat on the back, so I guess this is my way of making myself get a thicker hide.

I draw a wide variety of subject, although I do draw anthromorphic art about 50% of the time, and I do associate with the furry fandom, I assure you I'm not a crazy.

Well.. that's about all I need to say, if anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer! And Kudos to the mods/admins of this site for running such a grand idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am also new here. I discovered this place via a post on deviantArt and was automatically inspired and awed. Though I was hesitant about joining for maybe...5 minutes, I came because I knew that this place would very likely help me improve.

Right now, I'm a freshman in high school and 15 years old hoping to make a living in the field of animation some day. Primarily, I'm influenced by Dark Horse and Marvel comics but as of recently I've been fairly interested in the works of Tite Kubo and Alena (aka MumboJumbo on devArt).

I love criticisms no matter how harsh. Slap me across the face if that's what it takes to make me better. I joined to improve a s an artist more than anything and to comment on the astounding works already posted here.

So, yeah, whoot!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just registered and joined up today after steady, continual persistence on Yaso Kuuhl's part, and after a lot of good crits on a thread at the Relic Forums on a piece of Homeworld-styled nose art got me realizing I really, really could use more critique and advice on my work.

I've been getting advice on my art by Yaso and some other friends who're into digital art for a while, and am quite sick of DeviantArt's lack of critiquing commentary on my art to the point that I've quit posting drawings and digipaints there. Most of my drawings wind up posted and critiqued at the Relic Forums Studio instead now.

I really want to improve, I frankly don't mind if someone says my style needs work, and I would love to get tips/pointers on shading, anatomy, lineart, the works. Anything goes as far as critique, to the point that I wouldn't mind being told outright that something sucks as long as there are reasons why and what I can do to fix it.

Anyways, I'll post one or two things to Crit Center to see what happens, and just hang out here and soak up the atmosphere.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess I should introduce myself. I'm legionis. I'm not good at art but I'm looking to get better. I've been on devArt but they aren't as productive as this place seems to be. My biggest problem is that because of a lack of foresight when I was younger, I'm stuck in this anime style and I can't seem to get out of it. Any tips? Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Well hello everyone, not my first thread but my second, was too excited about an exhibition i'm working on so wanted to share that with you all in the activities thread.

About me, my name is Matt, i'm a full time designer/artist mainly for record labels. I cant believe i haven't been here before. I've been doing artwork professionally for about 7 years now and love every min of it so will be sharing my work on here and hopefully get some constructive feedback. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing.

Anyone in the UK be sure to pop along to my exhibition and if you want to exhibit please do shout as i still need a couple more people. For those out of the UK don't worry, i'll be needing you next year.

Thats it really. Expect to see me about.

www.myspace.com/darkwaveart
    www.darkwaveart.co.uk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone.

Iam Kainsword17. I hope that I can fit in here. One of my main art subjects are Kaijin (human-sized monsters). Well that's all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hm, Well. Hello everyone I'm Sam. I'm probably one of the younger members here. Leafing through the boards I found that most people are older than seventeen. (: But that's fine with me.

I hope to meet tonnes of new people and seriously improve on my art. (:

-Swright.

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    added prom's tutorial link - my fav to pull out.
    welcome to all the new people btw.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You should probably clarify that the Support section is for site-specific questions. We're getting an awful lot of general art and technique questions there that should go someplace like Art Discussion or Fine Art, Technique, & Learning.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for pointing out elwell. changed it.

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, yeah, hello then, guess I'm there newest nabcake around here then as of this moment

Helpful OP anyway, answered all my questions and some that I didn't know I wanted to ask.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone! I am new to the board ,
    I am currently 16 , and i would like to work in the video game industry as a character/creature designer one day.
    I know i have a long way ahead of me , but i will try my best!
    This is my best illustration so far:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8...maroguevw3.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hallo thar. :B

I am that person. Yes, that one, right over there. Jokes about my name after this one are hereby discouraged, as I get enough of them on other such sites.

I am possibly a member of the human race, belonging to the male gender, and my age is undetermined and unneeded. I attempt to be funny, but in my mind I just think Im annoying. Im going to be honest right away, I was and still am a member of DeviantART. I go there for the community and lulz much more than the art, but found that I need more help with mine. I heard of this place during a series of strange events I will not go in detail about, and thought, hey, maybe I should join. I need some help with my art anyway.

My interests include food, living, art of most types, music most types, literature of most types, games of all types, chatrooms of some types, and long sentences such as this one, that seem to just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with no sign of stopping any time soon, unless the person typing the sentence is shot somehow, but how could that happen, because then you'd never read the sentence, unless the person shooting the typer pressed send for some reason, though I see no reason for that. :B. I beleive I take critisism nicely, though I wouldn't know. I was never given any. Guess thats why Im here.

Most places I choose a type of humour I attempt to use regularly. Here, Im thinking about dead-pan humour, just because Im bored of random humour.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello, im kind of new but not really. i've been checking out the site for a while but never posted. im a girl that lives in new york and im a drawer of things. nice to meet you all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, first time I post...

I'm from Canada.

I'm not a very good artist, but I'm just fifteen and its a hobby.
    I don't aspire to draw as a proffesion... But I am interrested in human biology and anatomy interrests me alot.

But I really like drawing and I try to improve as much as I can with anatomy and figures.

If anyone has anatomy tips for a n00b it'd be very appreciated.

I can't see much of the pictures in the gallery, but those I've seen in the forum are awesome, so you wont see anything from me in here lol.

Phang is offline Oh god no I clicked it...oh no damn it's dying...the thing's gone now... Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guess I might as well make a first post here...I was lurking for a while but whatever.

I'm Phang, from England, I'm 14, and I used to be a member of DA before I heard of this place (that and the number of nutters I was sharing the place with...that and also the total lack of any sensible posts, if any, on my little site-thingy). I wasn't going to be bothered to concentrate on both, so here I am on the better of the two.

I'm good with the drawing of the things that go rarr, ahem. Well, I'm not sure what I could call my 'creatures' without sounding cheesesack in my mind, so just wait till I finally get round to scanning and therefore posting my best stuff up here. I might start a sketchbook or something. I also have a comic, which isn't as good as the drawings I'll be posting here, but I like it because I take so long in between each comic I can see myself improve

So, um, can't think of anything else...but now I've posted this I've got an excuse to drag myself out of the pit and start posting more! Fare thee well eyebrows.

You might have noticed I have a kind of different way of talking.

El Capitan is offline The Guy Who Needs More Practice Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I call myself the Captain. I hail from the land of beautiful women, The Philippines! It's supposed to be a Star Trek reference but everyone started doing pirate talk at me so I'm like "what the hell, I'll stick with that".

Uhm, I like drawing tied up girls. Don't ask why. They're just the most fun to draw. I'm the type who dabbles too much on multiple styles so I guess I've never actually "mastered" one particular way of drawing, but, nonetheless I still see myself as "good enough". Yeah.

Oh, and just a little thingy: You guys are so..... "intimidating"! Makes me get all fired up and make my next stuff kick ass.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How very Nice!

This is a very helpful sticky, especially for someone new to the neighborhood, like myself.

I figure I'd go by Turlin here; it's the name of a character I created in High School, and has stuck around for a while. I haven't gotten any of my art in my gallery, yet, but as soon as I get some confidence, and a scanner, I'll be marching myself over to either that Critique forum, or the Sketch Books, just to play it safe.

I love doing fantasy art, primarily inspired by what I see in nature, and the card game Magic: the Gathering. I'm still struggling with individualizing faces, and I have a lot of troubles with hands and feet. I'm sure I'll get better, just need to practice, practice, and practice. I'm also looking forward to critques, because I'm sure there's other things I'm messing up with somewhere.

secret but you will find yourself where i'm !
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi CA.org, i'm allaze-eroler and my real first name is alexandre.I'm from france, I'm 24 years old and i'm deaf (yes i'm but i can heard at 75% with a external machine).

I still study at university for getting my diploma for entering the art school. so, i like to draw alot and doing some 3D stuff (unfortunally, never finished up). I like too to make collaboration with everyone because i always love collaboration. :3 My art is at my deviantart as my only site. (if you want see my deviantart, clikc "site" in my profile) Well, not only.... ^^;

Anyway, i'm here because my buddy Exocentric (sketcheth for now) is here so, i follow him because it's my best buddy ! :3 Well, the real reason is : I'm afraid to post my fun contest #1 here so, i don't know what i will do ^^;

Contect me from Private Message for my contest for what i will do.

Thank you for reading my post. ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New here, just posting to make sure my Avatar isn't too big... I'm an Ironmind #2 closer if anyone knows what that means

Too those who always dreamt too big, went too far, worked too hard and found their own way... I salute you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, i'm still trying to figure my way around here. I was wondering how would i change the "about me" and "my details" on my profile

Incessant Doodlings of a Wandering Mind (my sketchbook)
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96904

"Avoidance of what you can't draw well doesn't stimulate growth." -Cory Trego-Erdner

"Only the mediocre are always at their best."-Jean Giraudoux

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quite new here (only about 2 days worth of looking around).

I can surely state I am quite excited about joining this site and hope to form some good relations.

Shall I say a little about myself then?
    I encountered this place after searching for a better alternative to Deviantart. Suffice to say I wish to improve my skills as an artist, learn some new media, and maybe even get some job exposure. Just turned 16 and I've been drawing for almost my entire life. I mainly concentrated on pencil drawings and pens are becoming a more familiar tool to me. About six months ago I started integrating colored pencils. I have a bit of experience with painting and sprite drawing. I hope to get some exposure to digital art, which is quite fascinating to me. Fantasy and Sci-fi is my thing. I've looked around the forums abit, I have to say everything looks very enticing (especially the Creature Of the Week contest).
    Well, hello everybody.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious
    hey, i'm still trying to figure my way around here. I was wondering how would i change the "about me" and "my details" on my profile
    if you look right on top-at the right- there's this thing saying "my account",click that.
    then go to "settings", and click "profile settings".
    voilá

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we dont care if its your "first what ever" pretend your a 40 year old virgin thats something you dont really go showing off.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, I have to follow all of those...
    Guess I must be a fairly average kind of newbie, lurked for a bit, intimidated by all the talent, found friendly thread, posted some work etc etc same old story blah blah I won't bore you...oh wait...

I'm not going to bother to introduce myself tbh...if you care you can look at my profile but honestly I'm not a very interesting person but I have one redeeming feature: I love drawing*

anyway see you guys about xx

*Disclaimer: doesn't mean I'm any good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    don't say that. You're artwork will only be as good as you believe it is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ummm...wow....seeing everyone else's artwork so far here....my art looks like nothing more than crappy little scribbles. I'm not so sure I will even be welcomed here...

I mainly do what I call quick-comix, which are totally random strips that can be anywhere from one frame to a few pages, based off either 100% randomness that popped up in my head, or from a personal experience I may have humorously warped. Currently, I'm unable to draw whenever I want to, as I'm finishing up High School. Once I'm out, I'll have a lot more time to draw and study...but again...seeing the art here...I look like a baby...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey...new question. Is there anywhere that i can go that will show me how to start a thread and attach images to it???

Incessant Doodlings of a Wandering Mind (my sketchbook)
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96904

"Avoidance of what you can't draw well doesn't stimulate growth." -Cory Trego-Erdner

"Only the mediocre are always at their best."-Jean Giraudoux

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 169