NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 21
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone! I'm a Dutchie called Hanny, still a student but almost heading off into the scary world of working grown-ups. I love to draw, and I'm working hard to be good enough to make my living out of it. I think I still have a long way to go haha, but I hope that with hard work I'll get better quickly. I also enjoy brainstorming with other people, creative writing, personal development, playing games and many other things. I'm also very scatter brained, so please bear with me. Nice to meet you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello hello everyone. Nice to meet you all. I've come across this forum in searches and figured I might want to converse with other artists. Am technically an animation art student at an engineering college... nuff said about that. I don't want to just be an fx artist, or an environmental artist... I kinda want to do it all. Hope to chat with a bunch of nice artists sometime. Thanks thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff and information, helpful tips. thank you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, this is my welcome post. I've been lurking before but finally decided its time to step up my game!

I have been drawing for some time on and off, and I feel like I'm so much behind.
    I am very much shy of my work(mostly cuz its crap imo!) , so I generally dont show them to a lot of people.

I am hoping this website will push me and improve my art, to post a lot of sketches and works.

Thanks!
    Shundar.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, umm... I'm new. Not a professional, just a hobbyist. 32 years old, female, from Germany. I have been drawing almost all of my life of course, but I'm only now getting really serious about it, so I hope I can learn a lot here and get some helpful criticism that I can't get on DevianArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, this isn't my first post because i didnt see it until today! I'm 16 years old, from Portugal.
    I don't like drawing from imagination, because it doesnt look good, so i just stick with studies and practice until i feel like anything from imagination comes out good!

I'm looking forward to be an Animator or Illustrator and maybe a Concept Artist!
    I hope i can overcome my lazyness and get to work! Until then, im just another among thousands (not a good feeling)

Yeah!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, might be a good idea to introduce myself here. I'm Tuukka, 25 years old (soon 26) guy from Finland. I've studied graphic design and like to always be learning new stuff. I have a quite active imagination, so I feel that I might have something interesting to offer for entertainment industry, once I learn to paint good enough. I'm hoping I might get useful criticism in here to help me get better!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I'm Devoidd and I just signed up here. I'm 15, and I joined here so I can learn to better myself because I'm not content with the level I'm working at.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all! My name's Ben, and I just joined yesterday. I draw (and paint digitally every now and again) simply to enjoy life and to capture beauty. I don't really have any other motivations for creating art, seeing as I am not at the point where I can viably sell my artwork, but I do enjoy it immensely. I am a college student about to start the second semester of my freshman year, and I am studying for the purpose of becoming a foreign Christian missionary at some point in my life.

I look forward to getting some advice on my drawing and hopefully being able to give some of my own input on other people's artwork as well!

Soli Deo gloria!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Everybody,

Hey guess what I'm new here. I'm hoping to improve my techniques etc much like everybody else I guess, never too late to stop learning after all (not sure that makes sense but I'm sure you get the gist). Feel free to drop by my sketchbook (just follow my sig) and give me a critique, hopefully if I get time I can make this a beautiful two way relationship between me and this wonderful community.

Cheers,

Sigh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sup.

My name is Eddie, I'm a senior Sequential Arts major at Savannah College of Art and Design. I am graduating very soon and looking to pursue a job as a concept artist, illustrator, sculptor, or whatever else there is that will let me create cool things.

I recently picked up Zbrush so I'm really looking for help and feedback on my work with that. I'm also here to network, get feedback on my other work, and to keep focused on art by being a member of an artistic community.

Peace.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all,

Quick intro post - am at the start of my art journey, with the aim to transition to this industry career-wise in a few years time.

Looking forward to hanging out with a bunch of like-minded people here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone,
    I'm a rabbit - an illustrating rabbit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone,
    i joined for a while but i the only thing i did was reading some tutorial and lurking around in the forum. Now that i get my Scanner to work i am going to start soon a Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone my name is Charles. I'm from New Orleans, LA! I've joined this forum after finding out eatpoo.com went dead =(

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there. I found this site completely out of the blue and it peaked my interest. Ya'll can call me Tiffany or Zodia. I live in La Vernia, Texas, which is 20 miles from San Antonio, Texas. I got my BFA last December. My hope was to get into grad school, but I didn't. Now, I feel stuck, not knowing what to do. So I hope to get some help in that area because I honestly don't know what to do now. It's hard for me to work on my own stuff at home because I live in a trailer. My concentration is Painting and I don't paint small. My dream is to sell my own artwork, or to write and illustrated my own works. Next to art, writing is my biggest love. I've even thought about doing my own comic series because I am a huge fan of manga and anime. I have considered getting into the Art Education world because I am very passionate of teaching art. I still want to go to grad school though because I still feel I have much to learn. I am thinking of going after an MA in Art History too because I love art history and even got a minor in Art History.

Overall, I just feel there's so many possibilities that I don't know what I want to do. I just know that I want to be in the art world and want to be independent and not have to rely on anyone financially. I still live with my parents and I so want to get out. I just don't know how. So like I said, any help is appreciated. I have started submitting to art contests and looking for jobs in San Antonio at either art museums and art schools. I am hoping my BFA will help me out in that area. Anyway, it's great to be here and I hope to show ya'll my own artwork here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone! New to this forum and I quite enjoy it! Samuel's the name, drawing mediocre is the game. Started drawing kinda late in life, I'm currently 29 living in sweden. I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to improve and get better, hopefully even be able to work with art in the future. The love that I have for drawing have grown stronger this last year and keeps on growing!
    I have a feel for the the basics but feel i need to increase and build my visual library, study anatomy, lighting, colors, well basically everything.

I think I will enjoy my time here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    G'Day y'all.
    New guy, new to the site and new to the art industry. Living in Cairns, doing a university course in art. Have been self taught until recently, with my only teacher being experience, make no mistake she is a cruel teacher. I've come to this site hoping to get better, and by having a look around the forums, I can see I've come to the right place. Looking forward to getting to know you guys, and looking forward to creating what I imagine, to be able to contribute to what is an incredibly stunning and vibrant industry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So hey all, I'm not new to the site per se, but I want to start over.
    I finally have a motivation and a goal set in mind of where I want to be with my art and have come here in search of critique and a good community to set me on my way. I want to become a concept artist, Sci-fi and fantasy as a focus, but I'm fine with learning everything else too.

So, being that I am awful at introductions, hi!

| Sketchbook | Tumblr | Portfolio |

"Manners are commonly derided by those who have none, just as education is derided by the ignorant, refinement by the coarse and intellect by the stupid."
    - Tezzeret

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, my name is Soner. I'm the developer of Traffic RAcer for iOS. I'm here to meet concept artsist for my project.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been an on-again/off-again member since 2005 when I started college. But now I'm finished with school (besides one online course remaining), and since I miss being surrounded by artists I decided it would be in my best interest to come back again. Right now I'm part time house cleaning striving for and dreaming of the day that I no longer have to clean other peoples' toilets for a living.

Some heroes are Glen Keane and Frida Kahlo. I used to draw pretty much just anime *shame* but art school helped me break that loop, but I still like drawing my characters in illustrative/ "comic" style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!
    I'm 25 years old male from Poland and I work as web designer. I finally decided to extend my skills and create concept arts to let go my imagination and this forum seems to be great place to learn and get constructive critique. My favourite concept art themes are dark science-fiction and post-apocalypse.
    Thanks to Black Point for quick reaction about my activation email problem

Last edited by Taman Shud; September 26th, 2013 at 02:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!
    I am Oliver a graphic designer and illustrator located in berlin/germany.
    I know this forum for quite a while but never showed my own stuff. I was just looking for inspiration and to learn from the others.
    I decided now its time to open a sketchbook-thread of my own, and here it is. Oli's Sketchbook. Hope you dig it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone. I'm Dawn, 29 year old female from Washington State, USA. Always supposedly been an artist, but lately I've gotten really frustrated with stagnation in my work, and am ready to advance, so I'm putting myself back to school so to speak with the very basics of anatomy and shapes (so glad the Loomis books are online in .pdf, I can actually afford that!). I used to work in all traditional media, but the last decade or so has been mostly digital, so I'm going back to paper for awhile, when I can. Aside just for my own skills developing for my own satisfaction, I also design and program iPad games, so I'm looking for improvement for my graphics there as well.

I'll have my sketchbook up soon, and you can all giggle at my attempts of making faces that a.) look like people and b.) different people. Hopefully some constructive giggling. Sometimes when I try to follow these books, things just don't click right until someone explains it to me a different way.

Right now I'm forgetting everything I've learned, and relearning it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi All,

I'm new here. I never got my activation e-mail, but I guess I'm activated. I look forward to learn and gain some much needed motivation.
    Jaylon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello I have been busy with school and lazyness and now that im almost on vacation I want to practice my drawing skills thats why i'm here, english isn't my native language so im sorry if my messages cause any confusion

Kono is offline Level Up - All Access Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aspiring concept artist says hello and thanks to all for the inspirational threads; finally decided to sign up after hanging around for some time.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want to break the horrid habit of not drawing for a while and then picking it up again-then acting all surprised my skills haven't ripened into brilliance. I'll probably find some like-minded artists and we'll all harass each other into drawing every day. If you want to do that, let me know. I'll follow your sketchbook and slap you around a little if you slack off. Good times.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone! My name is Eric and it has been six years since I designed my first web site and did my first graphic design. Since then I have been working non stop so if you have any questions feel free to ask them and hopefully when the time comes that I need help in answering my questions you will be there to help me out as well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryenshi View Post
    Hi everyone,
    i joined for a while but i the only thing i did was reading some tutorial and lurking around in the forum. Now that i get my Scanner to work i am going to start soon a Sketchbook
    Hi Ryenshi, how did you get your scanner working? Mine stopped a couple of months ago and not sure what to do.

Last edited by capolavoro; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:20 PM.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 174