NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 20

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, my name's Sylvia, I'm 20 yrs old. I live in UK, and I'm currently applying for Visual Effects course at uni. I don't know what exactly I want to do after uni, but that would be somewhere in film industry, possibly concept art so here I am
    I'm willing to improve my drawing and digital painting skills, starting from the very basics like anatomy studies, values etc. Usually I need some good kick of motivation to get my hands doodling. I want too much too soon, I have to get rid of such attitude and you will help me (well, hopefully! ).
    Creating my sketchbook soon!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I've been a member here for a good while but I've not really posted much so I thought I'd better re introduce myself. I'm from the UK and up until a couple of weeks ago I've been a truck driver for the past 25 years, I left school wanting to do something with my art but not knowing what so I took a "Proper job" to start earning a wage, when things got a little bad at my last employer I figured it was a sign to either go get another job or to finally get off my ass and go looking for a job I can make use of my art in. I'm currently waiting to be accepted onto a Games Art course at Uni, I would love to be a concept artist but my digital art is still very lacking as I've not got much experience, expect to see lots stupid questions being asked...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome tomcat it would be good to see some work be sure to set up a Sketchbook in that forum area. All the best with your Games Art course. Regards

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Damien Levs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is whishing i had not done the man thing and failed to read the instructions be for posting...... lol sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien Levs View Post
    Welcome tomcat it would be good to see some work be sure to set up a Sketchbook in that forum area. All the best with your Games Art course. Regards
    Thanks for the welcome, I've put some of my old stuff up in the Finished art's section (I now have a thread,lol). appologies but quite a lot of it is traditional, there's only a couple that's digital. Still trying to get to grips with painting digitaly, I know what I want to do, I just can't quite figure out how to get the damn software to do it,lol.. Currently stumbling around Painter and haven't a damn clue what to do with it, it's soo different to Photoshop.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tomcat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello CA! Great intro post, very helpful! I'll probably be going to scan some pages in for a sketchbook thread now.
    Another thing, it's surprisingly difficult to reach 15 posts, not that it's essential.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well first post, I have lurked almost every topic in the past two weeks. Thank you for such a great place to spend time and most important to learn!!

Free yourself from pressure....the paper wants to be filled

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I joined the site a few days ago, this is my first time posting on a forum.
    I've been spending a lot of time reading forums and viewing the work on site there is a lot of inspiring and exceptional art on this site. I will add some of my own work at some point, I tried the other day but didn't manage to get any on. Anyway just wanted to say hello and to say thank you for such a good quality site, I have been a member of another site for a couple of months but didn't find it helpful or very focused on art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys, despite being a long time lurker I have reached a position where I can start to commit to broadening my horizons so have made a commitment to become a bit more sociable. Hopefully I can become a worthy addition to this great site.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For a while there, I didn't know how to post a picture, thanks, this helps.

"If you see a person jumping down the street, you can tell his preferences by shooting at the guy. If he starts whining, he plays Counter-Strike. If he charges you wielding an axe, you just interrupted a Morrowind player buffing his Acrobatics."

"Mournhold city of Light, city of Magic!"

Apathy is Death

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 13thprotector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there,
    This looks like the perfect place to introduce myself,
    So here I am

My name is Alessandro Vene, Freelancer and designer and "till now I was only reading the forum,
    I have the resolution to participate more on discussions

so

Hi to everyone

:-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi i'm Turp. I'm here because I realized I've been on the skype channel for like 5 months and haven't really ever entered the forum community more than like twice and a sketchbook haha.

I'm a CRAZY ZANY WACKY GUY with no sense of humour whatsoever. If you befriend me I will ruin your life =D.

That is all

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Turpentine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! I'm Sherri Rose.

I have a cousin who worked in the game industry recommend this web site to me. I lurked on this website for a long time and decided to join. I've been looking for a declined art community where artist are supporting and helping each other out. Not some popularity contest thing like I've seen in other communities.

I'm a graphic design student who is interested in pursuing a career in the comic book industry. My first published gig was pencil work for the comic book anthology, Womanthology. Which was an amazing learning experience for me since it was the first comic I ever drew. My goal is to develop a web comic this year.

I also have an art blog here.

http://sherridrawsstuff.blogspot.com/

Thank you for creating this website. I found a lot of helpful information here. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys, I've been a lurker for some time too and since english isn't my first language It took me some time to make a decision to register. I won't post alot, but sometimes a question pops up in my head that just needs to be answered.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo! love this forum and always search new art here...so I finally decided to get an account and join some discussion

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow

Hey everybody my name is Victor Alonzo, the name of my cartoons is called Googie Toons & my nick name is Googie. I've been drawing since I was very young, as young as five years old, I've been showing my art on My Space since 2007 promoting my cartoons. I've been trying to get a show since then, I almost did get a show but then the writers strike in 2007 really messed it up for me cause that's when the producer backed away.

I'm also on FaceBook, Twitter, and also on Google+. A friend of mine told me about this site, so I joined when I saw his post on another message board.

I uploaded some cartoons here, the ones I colored using Gimp2.6. Feel free to support me by liking my page on facebook, following me on twitter & follow me on Google+. Any type of feedback about my cartoons would be awesome!

~Vic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ok

Hi im new here,

Im american born
    I've been drawing off and on. i like drawing monsters, people, and anthros and such but I draw Anthros and monsters more. im currently a college student so Im pretty busy. Ive come here to learn and get critique mostly.
    僕はアメリカ人。
    僕は四年から描きをしている。ばけものやアンツローや人やなど全部をするのが好きです。でも全部のなかでば けものとアンツローをもっと描きます。僕にあなたの意見をおっしゃってかまいませんそして、おっしゃって下 さい。今私は学生です。それでいそがしい。いそがしいですけどこのサイトをよくかえります。私は学校で日本 語を勉強している。日本に行ったことがありませんが、行きたいです。日本語をまだ上手話しません。時間が動 きながら、もっと上手になる。

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Feasgar math!

Hello everyone , i am Vagabond Gris ( the Grey Vagrant in french) and i'm absolute rookie , without any previous knowledge of the art making . Anyway i've decided to take an opportunity , given to me by my fate , and follow my infortunate but sweet dream of becoming the true artist.I am too unexperienced to know exactly what i want to draw , but i will try to gain as much experience as i can by giving all my free time to drawing and working hard . My special thanks go to the very best , Great and Powerful MindCandyMan , which was such a great inspiration to me . As i am currently at the same situation as he was at the begining of his journey , i will follow roughly the same path and hope for the best.
    p.s. I fear only two things : the premature end of my life , thet will prevent me from achieving this goal and unavoidable rivalry between art studies and my humble attemps of learning the love of my life - Scottish Gaelic.

But no matter what, my journey begins...

Last edited by Vagabond Gris; June 22nd, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone. Been a lurker for a bit here (for the purpose of hunting down useful art-related information) but now I decided to join the forums. I recently got my BA in studio art and now I'm focusing on mastering everything there is to know about sequential art. I usually create my work digitally but I also tend to work with traditional tools as well. I'm a regular at Deviantart (I go by the name "Quetzalcoatl2k" there) but now I'm trying to extend to other forums. Hope I get to learn a lot more things here as a member than I did as a lurker.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone my name is Curtis, lurked here for awhile now I am a member I am a learning/struggling artist. One of these days I will "man" up and post some of my art >.>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is exactly the guide that I needed. Thanks for posting this. I am not confident with my art yet but this is a good place to showcase my talent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I'm another lurker. I've known about this website for a long time, and have been planning on making a sketchbook for a while too. And here I am now, all new and stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great post, thanks. I'm another lurker, mostly because I haven't had work to submit--I mostly just liked looking. Recently I have decided to try to learn how to draw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I'm new and I don't want to be a nuisance... I searched around... I read all the FAQs and i still can't figure it out.

I'm in the signature sector of the user control panel and I can't figure out how to make my sketch book show up in my signature with a one word hotlink... if anyone could help me figure this out I will be eternally grateful to them FOR REV VERRR! and we can be BFFS or something...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Hey everyone.

Hey you guys! My name is Kaitlyn, but "Kat" is easier. I thought I'd seek out the "I'm a n00b" forum thread to post in.... So here I am.

I was recommended here by one of my friends, and I must say, it does look like interesting things happen here. I normally hang out at deviantart, but I'm looking for places beyond there. If you are curious, I'm here: www.wolfiegirl3005.deviantart.com

I love to draw fantasy art and Original characters, although I usually am too busy with my commissions to do much of my own work (that is more than just sketches and doodles). I have studied Animation for the last two years and I'm working on my Internship to make my Associate's Degree official. I'm planning to transfer to another school to get my Bachelor's in Illustration and Concepting.

I hope that I can make some friends here and find my around without stepping on too many toes. Thanks for reading!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sup!! how y'all doing? hope well and walking towards the big dream, anyway. Been checking out this place for a long time finally decided to join YESS!! Started drawing two years ago. Hope we can all help each other master our art skillz and get to the top o the Mountain. We're all on the same ship anyway might as well make this long Voyage a fun Voyage right? ;D

will post my art soon.

DESTINATION COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Auicei View Post
    Hi, I'm new and I don't want to be a nuisance... I searched around... I read all the FAQs and i still can't figure it out.

I'm in the signature sector of the user control panel and I can't figure out how to make my sketch book show up in my signature with a one word hotlink... if anyone could help me figure this out I will be eternally grateful to them FOR REV VERRR! and we can be BFFS or something...
    Here you go
    {URL="http://urlforyoursketchbook.com"]Find my sketchbook here[/URL}

Replace {} with [].

I'm new too. As you can see from my signature I'm very new to drawing, but I'd like to think that I'm progressing pretty fast. My ideals at the moment are the Renaissance masters, and my goals are drawing great looking portraits, as well as figure drawing.

I've never been big into drawing comics, but I can see myself trying some concept art style stuff once my skills are better

I started drawing in June and made a blog about it. Oh boy!

I have a sketchbook too.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to interman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys.

I'm finally trying to promote myself a bit and draw more.
    I study animation at RMIT, Melbourne, Australia and want to eventually work in film.
    I'm kinda getting sick of animation and want to focus more on illustration at the moment, but am still determined to finish my studies.

Please have a look at my Youtube and DA.

http://thewalkingghost.deviantart.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHippoCrypt/videos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Howdy all! I'm a total noob - both to the site and to art.

I did the requisite finger painting in kindergarten, graduating to bit fat brushes in grade one or two or something. I remember sketching a frog that I'd dissected in biology in junior high. And that's pretty much the extent of the drawing/art I've done. Until about two months ago.

I figured I'd try my hand at graphic illustration using illustrator and a good tutorial, and lo and behold, I didn't absolutely suck. Then a couple or three weeks ago, I decided to see about sketching and drawing using pencil and paper since I figured that would be a faster way to learn how to do actual art, and lo and behold, I didn't absolutely suck.

So now, armed with various pencils and a stack of photocopy paper, I'm trying my hand at seriously learning how to draw. It'll be a while before I go from not absolutely sucking to being only moderately awful, but hey, it could be fun.

My goal is to become competent. Yeah, reaching for the stars, I know...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello to the big, wide world of CA! I`m new but I`ve been lurking for years. bababa

I`ve been f`n around with art since I was a kid but never became serious...to be honest I`m still not quite serious about it. My goals are to have a new hobby and get better at it and have FUN! I figured it would be a good way to have another creative outlet since I consider myself to be creative.

I also like long walks on the beach on a rainy day in Hawaii.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11