Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide

Thanks
    Hi ^^ I'm new here too. My name is Deanna (also known as Deedee) and I am from California. Drawing is my passion, i've been drawing since I was like 3 xD. I have recently been interested in webcomics and illustrating webcomics/graphic novels. Good to be here .

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm CocoV3. I'm new from somewhere.

Thanks
    Hi guys nice to meet you all......

My name is Steve i am 40 and from Northumberland in the UK,i first got into cg a few years ago making sigs in photoshop,then progressed to 3d modeling and now i have found digital art and that is where i truely want to stay,especially after spending a little time looking around this wonderful site.
    I have no art training what so ever and what little i do know i about traditional and digital art i have learned from the net so being new to digital painting,concept art etc it may be awhile before i have anything created as i fear it will be a slow steep learning curve,but well worth it indeed.

thanks for the site and all the inspiration it holds,you have some amazing talented artists here,and i can't wait to get some feedback on my creations

Steve

currently, Montreal, Canada... but that will change soon.
    Thanks
    Great idea, a single hello thread. just joined, feel free to peruse my site, and i hope to get to know a good many of you.

Thanks

Cow New Here

New to this...I am here to visit the site and use this forum as a way to promote my 10 year old art publication in the Arizona market. Please take an oppty. to visit www.artbookthemagazine.com and share your collective feedback.........Jon

Thanks
    Welcome, Jon. We're happy to have you here, but remember to take it easy on the promotion. We tend to discourage too much promotion on this forum.

thanks

Thanks

Hi !

NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide

hello, my name is didier I'm from "la reunion" a small island in indian ocean near madagscar,now I live in paris and I work in animation as storyboarder
    I'm here to share my personal work and meet other artists ,I'm looking for nothing in particulary but just for fun and to enjoy beautiful drawings
    (sorry for my little english)

you can see other stuffs on my blog http://didierahkoon.free.fr/blog/
    feel free to leave a comment
    Didier Ah-koon
    storyboard artist
    http://didierahkoon.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Hi! My name's Rachel but online everywhere I go by Nyc. I am a older-than-dirt beginner-level (though I've been playing around at it a long time) artist so I don't expect you'll see a ton of my stuff, but I think this forum is great, so I'm lurking and trying to absorb hints and tutorials.

Pleased to meet you all!

I am especially hoping to improve my sculpting, though your stuff makes me want to fire up the Wacom I got for Christmas (mostly it just frustrates me).
    O Spirit, whom the Father sent To spread abroad the firmament.
    Oh wind of heaven, by Thy might Save all who dare the eagle's flight.
    And keep them by thy watchful care From every peril in the air. -Navy Hymn

Thanks
    Hey everybody! x)

I'm Paige, from Tennessee. Howdy. Lol. I'm 19 years old..and I LOVE this website. There are so many amazing artist on here - It's so inspirational. You guys don't know how motivated I get when I see awesome art. Anyway, I've always been self-taught, I took a few art classes but I just have too huge of an imagination that I just ended up teaching myself, I just found it easier that way. But, I'm looking for a mentor now. x) Because, I REALLY, REALLY wanna improve and too be able to grasp a better understanding of art. Buuut, yeh - nice to be part of this comm.

Thanks
    Welcome to CA.

I recommend the videos..
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

The dark bright corners of the lower regions in Denmark
    Thanks
    Hello, my name is Micki From Johannsen, i live in Denmark
    As i type this, i am 20 years old... And i'm a guy...

My hobbies are watching TV and DVD's, reading certain comics, discussing on certain forum boards, and i love candy (i concider, eating that as a hobby as well)

I spend most of my online times on the 3DRealms forum boards, where i discuss various things, and in my more real life-ish conditions, i don't really do much... I look for various places that could lead me to jobs that make use of artistic skills of any kind, and hope i may become usefull in one way or another...

In my free time i draw very much, it's been a sort of main-hobby of mine, and i hope i can make better use of it one day, more than just a hobby, but also being productive on my own or in association with other people, or even companies...

I don't specialize in certain things yet, i haven't had any form of education or academic skill that brought me to the level i am today, and i doubt i'd be able to reach the level of most of the great artists i've seen stuff of...

But since drawing is the only thing i seem to naturally excel at, i will keep my focus on that at all times...

My artistic skills vary from that of 'nice' 'decent' and 'creative' most of the time, whenever i care to put in some effort in what i make...

I am part of the gaming website Duke4.net where i take care of the main site and forums alongside with rest of the crew there... We plan to expand our network into something much larger in the future, i am happy to be part of that...

I realize coming here to brag about art is hardly anything i can be part of, but i hope i'm accepted by the community here anyhow, where i suppose 'great skill' isn't neccessarily needed, but more the ambition of becoming one of them cool Conceptual artists one day will be appreciated...

So hello everyone, i'm happy you bothered to read through this short life story, half of it was probably not necessary to add here at all, haha...
    A true genius does not need such things as 'common sense'

Thanks
    Ahoy, maties!

josie am I and as ye can see, I've a preference for pirates ... However, don't be scared - I'm harmless. (If ye've enogh money. ;3)

Well, like nearly 99,99% of ye guys, I'm here to learn more about drawing; especially technical stuff and light/shadow. (Even if photorealism is quite nice, it's not that what I want to reach.)

So long.
    Still have a nice day/night. :3
    ♥Barbossa♥: The world used to be a bigger place.

☆Jack Sparrow☆: The world's still the same. There's just ... less in it.

[from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

Thanks
    Hi there!
    I am new here, and I am a little (OK, very) intimidated by the size of this place. I am looking forward improving my art and have some fun on the way!
    Cheers!

Coty.-

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast