NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 17

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hi everyone! Brand new here - a sometimes occasional lurker, but I decided to finally make an account today.

I'm currently working as an in-house Web designer, but am really hoping to break into the illustration field, after some hard practice. I received my BFA in graphic design in 2007, but with all the coding I've been doing lately, I've sadly gotten rusty on the drawing skills. But you know the old proverb - "The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now."

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    What's good people!

I'm new here, and just getting back into the art game. After like 5 years of time-out, and no drawing, something has drawn me to this place.

I shall stay a while.

Thanks
    hihi! uh my names hieu (hugh) and i've been drawing since i was um i think prep. but nothing professional, (only learnt about the existence of artschools like a week ago i_i **ashamed**). im 14 and i wanna become a super super renown artist! i want to create my own artist team and be an official concept designer for a game (LIKE TETSUYA NOMURA!) and become a super artist! also on the side a super rockstar, a super athlete and a super breakdancer ;P

i've received a tablet for christmas and since then i've begun attempting at digital art.

Thanks
    Hey people, I've been lurking here for a long time and haven't posted much. However I plan to start engaging with people on the forums alot more and hopefully be able to improve my art skills.

I've really been wanting to draw and I finally want to push myself!

Thanks
    Hi, big Homestuck/MSPA fan here (its sort of a webcomic thing, hard to categorize, really awesome), im a shitty artist and see if I can do some learning here

see ya

Thanks
    how bout i don't know where my level is? where do i post?

Thanks
    Thank you so much for the info! And hello everyone, I'm new here! I'll try to start a sketchbook thread as soon as I can

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laurice View Post
    how bout i don't know where my level is? where do i post?
    sketchbook section. it's where you just show off whatever you want. not for specific pieces though,if you want specific feedback,go to the critique center.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Hey everyone.

I'm new; I figured this was the best place to introduce myself.

I am an aspiring comic writer, so I am drawn to art. I also just love art in general.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Knight View Post
    Hey everyone.

I'm new; I figured this was the best place to introduce myself.

I am an aspiring comic writer, so I am drawn to art. I also just love art in general.
    Hello, Gray.

Welcome.

Thanks

Hello all! Am LeeAnn
    a kinda of a noob here
    glad 2 join ya all! Cheers!

free gay webcam chat

Thanks
    hello, i am new here, so this seemed to be the proper thread to post a brief introduction. i found this website thanks to encyclopedia dramatica. i lurked through the nibru, snapesnogger, and insect battle/insect battle fanart threads. i saw beautiful artwork from the members here, the same type i would like to make.
    i'm fairly new to art since i've only taken pottery and drawing classes back in high school. i miss expressing myself through art and look forward to making drawing a means of artistic expression again. i intend to take art classes when it's convenient, but now isn't too convenient.
    i'm a stay at home mom right now and i'm merely looking for the best approach to getting back into art. i recently moved to germany because of my husband's air force career, and the sights here are wonderful and beautiful. i want to photograph them and draw them and paint them. i want my drawings/photographs/paintings to be realistic and beautiful. i want my art to evoke the same emotions from my viewers as i get when i see what my art was inspired from.
    i know when i first start posting things in my sketchbook (there's nothing there now) that i will not be posting da vinci's. i look forward to heavy critiquing and constructive criticism. i know that i need this criticism. i know that will not get that at deviantart. for now, my art is only a hobby since i have a 9 month old to take care of and i cannot give this my full attention as much as i would like.
    if anybody replies to my message here i thank you in advance for doing so. i do not have a computer at my house but there are computers and scanners at the base library. also, since i have an iphone i may be able to reply with that since it has internet access. i'm not sure yet. i haven't tried.
    thank you all and have a wonderful day.

happy_mudkip

Thanks
    Hello LeeAnn & Mud,

Most of the time people here are pretty supportive, if a bit distracted.

Best just to get hands-on with the art I think. Look around. See what you like. Learn, but remember to do as well. Doesn't matter what an individual piece turns out like, you should notice improvements over the course of things.

Thanks
    Hi everyone! I´m new here ^^

I knew this forum some time ago, but I didn´t join because of lenguage (im spanish). but now I have decided to join. I think I will improve my english and I will learn so much of you guys.

See you

BLOG

Deviantart blue-zombie

Thanks
    Ahai there! Red Fortune is pleased to meet you all! Not so newly signed up, I've been lurking a bit.

I'm 15, and got into art about July-August '09.

Now, a question: Is there any skill requirement to have a sketchbook? Or is everybody there just so amazingly good? I feel kind of dwarfed, but I'd like have a sketchbook, nonetheless.
    EDIT: Wait no, I got it, don't worry.

My most recent drawing, if that helps:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Red Fortune; June 15th, 2010 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks
    Hi there! Like most of the people in this thread I'm new. Pleased to meet you all!

After being at the MADE symposium in Berlin I decided to finally sign up to ConceptArt and take part in the forums a bit more rather than just silently watching.

Kiwi

We are 90% chimpansees and 60% bananas.

Thanks
    Okay, I'll say do the welcomes... again.

Where has everyone else got to?

Hello, Nyme, Red and Kiwi.

I think I already said "Hi" to you, Nyme, so you get an extra one. Lucky you.

That's a good image, Red. Feeling of movement captured well.

It's always good to have a bit of enthusiasm around, Kiwi. I hope you had a good time at the symposium.

Thanks
    Hello, I'm new here! Name's jnwright, and my artistic skills, well, are quite nil. But I want to learn from some experts in here.

So I'll guess I'll stick around for a while.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jnwright For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi, I'm new to ConceptArt. I hope that you guys could help me get familiar with it ASAP. Thank you!

Thanks
    Hi, everyone. I'm new too. Wish I'd seen this before I posted in the Introduction to CA group. Oh, well.

Anyway, I'm 32, web designer (NOT a developer), been drawing since I could hold a pencil, and I dream of doing concept art for Lucasfilm. Looking forward to getting to know you and your art. I've been looking around for the last few days, and I'm really impressed with the dedication here...and with the pure talent. Like others, I'll feel a bit silly posting my work, but I'm excited to grow and be challenged as an artist!

Thanks
    Okay okay, I give in again.

Hello new people known as jnwright, Anne Tang and Cozmo repectively.

Enjoy your stay here and have fun.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffgar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Tapadh leibh, Fluffgar!

Here's my Book of Sketches

"Anything you can imagine is real." --Pablo Picasso

"Nothing says, 'I couldn't care less' like Times New Roman." --Me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffgar View Post
    Okay okay, I give in again.

Hello new people known as jnwright, Anne Tang and Cozmo repectively.

Enjoy your stay here and have fun.
    Nice!

Thanks
    Hi, I am also new. I made a account a month ago but didn't touch it since the next month. funny no? thought so. Well, I'm a multimedia student, so I design from 2D to 3D, dwell in animation and direct films as well as shoot them, I also like the web design side of it also. My interest is concept/illustration, sadly my course does not teach you that, so its mostly self taught; This is a great source of inspiration and information, so there will be a lot of lurking on my part, I'll also try be an active forum person.

The End.

Last edited by mrCatTears; July 16th, 2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Not sure.

Thanks
    Haha, oh good! It's time for my corny introduction.

I'm 16.
    I go by the name Nathaniel. (Nate if you prefer)
    I draw comics....lots and lots of comics.

I'm mainly here to get some serious feedback to help me improve. Everywhere else I go people tend to sugarcoat their critiques and I'm kind of sick of it. I can see I'm making mistakes and I WANT people to point them out to me.

Be harsh, give me your worst, I'm ready. c:

Thanks
    Nate: We can't unless you post your stuff! Start a sketchbook and link it in your signature.

Better put your preferred name in your signature too. Hardly anybody reads intro threads; we're all drawing. (Or we should be! XD )

Last edited by furiana; July 22nd, 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by furiana View Post
    Nate: We can't unless you post your stuff! Start a sketchbook and link it in your signature.

Better put your preferred name in your signature too. Hardly anybody reads intro threads; we're all drawing. (Or we should be! XD )
    Haha, will as soon as I get my old scanner working.

As for the signature, already working on it! c:

Last edited by Whipsmart; July 23rd, 2010 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks
    If you go to "User CP" you'll find a sidebar that has "Edit signature".

Photographs will work too, if you have a camera or even a phone that takes pictures. One person on another forum even used their webcam as an emergency backup! The photos weren't pretty, but something was better than nothing.

In any case, I'll look forward to seeing your stuff! And if you start to get cold feet because you think your drawings suck: everybody thinks that their own stuff sucks. Get over it and draw.

EDIT: Oh, ok! Just saw your update. Hurray for cross-posting!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to furiana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey guys im new here, starting to learn how to paint digitally so check out my sketchbook and give us any crit and comments if u can, much appreciated!

See u around!

Thanks
    Friends, Romans and countrymen
    Lend me they ears, I come here......
    *looks around
    *oh oh
    this ain't the literary geeks introduction thread is it
    *gulps
    err....er..............
    *looks up
    oh conceptart
    oh ofc
    my bad, my bad
    Hey ya'll the name is Flame, Baron flame
    *silence
    i know it was too corny but....
    *more silence
    ooooookay...............fine
    xD

My name is Baron Flame, it's my gaming and graphic designing alias.
    I am a 20 years old, I am a hardcore gamer, a geek/nerd[n I'm proud of it ], big time music Junkie[ I occasionally rap too, so yes you'll have to hear 'em xD] and an otaku. I am currently attending a 3D animation institute[Going to learn maya in 2 months time....i think] but my heart lies in concept art[though I know squat about it, but i am more than eager to learn]. So anyhooo i hope to learn tonnes here and hope that you'll take me as a member of the conceptart.org family.
    cheers

Last edited by Baron Flame; July 28th, 2010 at 04:14 PM.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 130