Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide

Thanks

U-turn

Hello... Words. Need words to introduce myself... Well honesty sounds best. Okay here goes.

The Tale of the Little Miss Stuborn

Once upon a time, in a land of rain and sheep, there lived a student.
    One day whilst attending to her studies of computing science, and not having a great time of it I can tell you, a strange feeling came over her. She looked at her computing project, then at her (ever worsening) grades, then at her doodles (which took up the space supposed to be for lecture notes in her notebook). The doodles being by far the best of the three.
    With a start she realised that everyone had been right all along. She was good at art. She enjoyed making art. She should be doing an art degree.
    Being too far into the computing science degree to withdraw and retain her eligibility for a student loan she resigned herself to its completion.
    Now she seeks for some means to attain her true career.

Not The End

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hi i'm sheltz and i'm 20 and i live on a small island called st.lucia

but anyway i joined here just to see how sum of the pro's work and also to try to try to be on the same level as them or just be a proffesional at what i do , i'm planning to buy a tablet to increase my speed at colouring and also my accuracy . right now i'm just practicing on my colours and drawing. i really want my art to show what i really feel inside and also to tell a story. my mom keeps telling me anything i do i should do it good and the principle i'm trying to live by.

why be a fan when u can actually be something you like

Thanks
    Hello good people of CA! I discovered this strange and wonderful place a couple of weeks ago and now I am leaking inspiration.

I am an art director doing mostly marketing design and stationery design.

I haven't done any proper illustration in a while, so I am hoping to get back in the groove and contribute.

I have posted a few things in the daily sketch group and I look forward to this little adventure we all share.

That's all.

Thanks
    Hi, everyone.

I finally joined after lurking around for a long time. Art is purely a hobby for me, but I still want to do it well. I have a dA account, which is fun, but it isn't particularly useful - so I've finally overcome my shyness enough to get myself over here and hopefully receive some good advice that will help me improve. I'm looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by rapxic View Post
    hi i'm sheltz and i'm 20 and i live on a small island called st.lucia
    My brother-in-law is from St. Lucia - so is one of my professors. It's gorgeous there!
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Thanks
    Hi my name is Rikki. I alternate between Concept Artist and Graphic Artist depending on where I'm trying to find work. I've been lurking this forum for a while but I found this thread and decided to finally come out of the shadows. I mostly draw demons, only because they're fun to draw even if they can get a bit cliche sometimes. My style is cartoonish but these days I'm striving for higher verisimilitude in my art. Usually when I do art on the computer, I scan one of my sketches and retrace it Flash using a tablet and the paintbrush tool. I like drawing in Flash because it's more intuitive for me and it's easy for me to fine tune my work. As well as drawing, I like to write though, as you can tell, I tend to be a bit random sometimes. Nice to meet you all.

Thanks
    Hello. While I realise that it's fairly useless to put up an introductory post both after I've already introduced myself in the chatroom and this post being so far down the list of views that it's doubtful anyone will read it, my sense of netiquette won't really let me take the next step until after I've put up something more official. That being said...

My name is Ghostrhyme, Ghosty, Jade, and every once in a while Tyler. I am 22 years old, living in Washington State, and figuring out what I'm going to do next. I've always been artistic, as pretty much anyone else here can say with equal truthfulness, but it was not until a few years ago that I started taking my art seriously. I work mainly in graphite, sometimes branching out with paint, pastel, glass, wood, cameras, and anything I manage to get my hands on. While I'm fairly adept for someone that is entirely self taught, I want to go to school and enter the industry, both as a concept artist and a fine artist with gallery work. My work isn't at that level yet, as any visitors to my deviantart will attest. I need to improve, dramatically, before I can put together a portfolio for college. Being self taught, I've never had formal training, or even guidance, and I'm hoping that this massive collection of experience can help me out and give me the edge I need to take my art to the next level. If you are curious as to what I can do, I'll put my DA link below. I get the feeling that might be taboo here, but I don't have my work posted anywhere else, and my computer (where all of the scans are stored) is currently located elsewhere.

All of that behind me, I look forward to participating. Any help, even if it's pure negatives concerning my skill, is appreciated. Take the good with the bad and use both to grow. Here's the linkage. http://jadewolfstudios.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Hello everyone, obviously I'm relatively new here. I joined a few weeks ago and have been looking at all of the tutorial type things and mainly Seedling's "assignments" and have been doing those for practice along with many other exercises. I'm a 15 year old kid whose looking majorly into concept art, and mainly character concept art for a future job, and have been researching much about college and what paths to take and so far I've gotten the most helpful information from conceptart.org. Also, after looking I plan on going to this Atelier if I am able to by the time a graduate.

Thank you for the help so far, this site has been extremely helpful.

Thanks
    Just wanted to say "Hello". New here, I found the site through a friend.

Hopefully this will be a great experience. ciao

Thanks
    I hadn't seen this thread.
    So: Bérengère, frenchspeaking (so excuse my poor english) alternative model, ballerina, clothes designer and seamstress and trying to improve my painting and drawing skills to a semi-professional level.
    Oh, and I study biomedical sciences too. Sometimes.
    (photographic work is up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17983037@N04/)

Thanks
    Hello all, i'm a bit of an oddball here....
    Been a mechanical engineer for 15ish years. Have always loved art and worked very hard to keep up with you guys. But just wasn't that good at it. I was for lack of a better word...too mechanical.

Now, I come to you guys for inspiration to my engineering perspiration. There are some hobbies which I do need quite alot of help though...
    -bix
    A little of this and that, hopefully nothing explodes right away....

Thanks
    'allo, my pseudo-name is D.C., because my real name can be a pain when there's someone in the class with the same pronunciation. xP

I'm 19, studying animation, with illustration as an afterthought. My art consists of robots inspired by the works of Isaac Asimov and Masamune Shirow. But I do come around and draw weird monsters and regular humans.

I wish that someday I can code AIs and build robots as a hobby. :3

Thanks
    Hello everyone! I've wanted to join this forum for a while, but didn't think I was ready until recently. So here goes.

My real name is quite boring, so just call me Kezrek. I'm currently a seventeen-year-old in high school taking AP Art as an outlet. I'm going to Ringling this fall, into the Game Art and Design program, which I'm freakishly excited for. That's about it, I guess.

If there's anyone in the game art and design field, I'd really appreciate some tips and suggestions. I'd also love to see your artwork!

I do have a DeviantART gallery, by the same name of Kezrek.

Thanks for your time, guys. Ttyl.

Thanks
    Hi, I'm Zak, I'm 11 years old. I promise I'm not going to spew crappy work all over the board, I'm better than usual for my age. I really want to improve though, so I joined Conceptart because it looks like the best place for constructive criticism and stuff.

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast