NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 15

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am a newcomer! Thanks for such forum! I am glad to be with you!

These games are the best!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello from Singapore!

Daily Sketchbook
    Come by and have a peep

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I get the feeling no-one's going to be reading this but, hey, nobody listening shouldn't stop me from talking, eh?
    Hey peeps. Name's Andy. I've been lurking here a couple of months. I love art. After once again failing to get into my high school's art classes, I've decided to start working on my drawing by myself. I think of my current drawing ability as nonexistent. I never really took it seriously. Or practice at all. Something about a toxic blend of laziness and procrastination. Prob'ly won't be posting much, I'm busy with school and my scanner hates me. I think this is all I have to say.

C'est dommage que je sois un ignorant, car je vous citerais une foule de choses; mais je ne sais rien.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello conceptart.
    After many years lurking i have decided to make an acount.
    i will start my own tread in the sketchbook section soon.
    There are so many amazing artists around here and you have all been a big inspiration
    for me. Well then..i better get posting some art!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New. Awesome, haha. I just found this website today. And I thought it'd be a good idea to join it so I can get help to develop as an artist. I have troubles sticking to one kind of style at the moment, and I'm hoping that this site will help me find my own niche. :/

My name is Bri, I'm 18. Mostly work on photoshop with a tablet. I like adventure and meeting new people.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Compete? Challange section?! I like this place already

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Came to gain critique, new tricks, skills and knowledge. I look forward to my artwork growing with the help of the community. Going to be nice and refreshing to gain some honest insight on my artwork and tips and tricks on how to grow more

So far I am liking what i am seeing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another new person here and this post is so useful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jellyswirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello I'm Red, 17 and currently in my second year of A levels (art, printmaking and graphics). I originally wanted to do animation, but working in the games industry was suggested to me and I've wanted to be a games concept artist for about 2 or 3 years now. Currently I'm applying to uni courses centred on Game Art Design, Digital Art for Computer Games and Games Concepts. I've been working digitally on and off for about 5 years mainly on oekaki sites, but have recently started using GIMP.

The art here is amazing and I'm terrified I'll never be good enough. (Luckily the town I live in has around 6 games studios set up, which should help a little)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone. Nice to meet you.

My name is Avenlei and I'm a mostly self-taught artist. A friend of my referred me to here and I'm blown away. My artwork pales in comparison to the stuff I've seen so far, so much so I'm not sure if what I draw anymore is art.

Anyways, I'm interested in seeing what this place has to offer. I've been in need of good critiques on my works for quite some time now, as well as other ways to improve, so I'm glad to be here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all

I'm Melisa, 19, from South Korea Currently in digital animation major, first year. My goal is to work in game company

I discovered this site long time ago, actually... But I was never really serious at drawing, I kind of regret it now D:

This website is full of pros, great advices and I really like the community, full of supportive people ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey folks,

Ive been lurking here for about a month now.
    Trying to learn how to draw, this has been an invaluable source of information. Love you guys!

Id love to hear crit and tips, to push me in the right direction. Anythings appreciated!
    Sketchbook in sig.

The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Howdy everyone. =]

I'm an Illustration major, and just a freshman. I'm one of those kids who you never see at parties, but also rarely make a B. I'm enthusiastic about my education. (Now I just have to learn to be just as enthusiastic about a job.)

This site has resources too good to pass up. So I won't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, Hello ConceptArt(dot)Org.

My names Fruitbasket, and I like to experiment with the art world even though I am not good at all. Well I know I have come to the right place to get better at my skills, and a nice fun place to chill.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I'm Lady Atrox. I'm 14 years old, come from the Netherlands, bla bla bla XD

Art here is amazing. I really love the site/forum, I'm glad someone recommended it to me. I don't think I'm very good though, in comparison to everybody around here. I'm a bit scared to post, I haven't had very good experiences with people on fora that are all so good, so I don't think you'll be seeing a lot of art from me 'till I have greatly improved.

On my name: I love snakes, and Western diamondbacks in special, so that's where the 'atrox' came from

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I came for Nibru. 'nuff said.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hallo,

The screen name is "El Capohan", but you can call me Adam. And I come to join the fray and hopefully learn a thing or two in the process!

-A

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow great site!
    Im super stoked to look around and post my work up for critiquing.

Ive been drawing and doodling since elementary school but never really got pulled into it. I have always had a love for art, and being the stupid teenage i was and not giving a shit about life and hanging out with the wrong group of people, id never had a direction in life. But for about a year now ive been so deeply involved with art now! I love every minute of it. It took my awhile to finally find a direction that i love. I spend numerous hours daily drawing/painting/photography/photoshop and its great, im enrolled in a art school and hope that my dreams will become reality.

I want to get more envovled in the art community and connect and get direction with my art. Ill upload some of my work sometime soon.

Thanks for having me!
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I learned about this site actually through someone telling the students I was modeling for about it.

I'm Illuminesce, from the U.S., and I'm excited to be here. I'm self-taught, graduated in Japanese and planning on taking more of an artistic route for grad school. You'll be seeing my stuff in the critique section, most definitely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Purplegoat here, from Ohio USA.

I'm in the beginning stages of learning how to draw. Using Jack Hamm's Drawing the Head and Figure as a guide. Also drawing from life.

I've gotten a lot of inspiration from the forums here and thought I'd join in on the fun.

My Sketchbook

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -- Confucius

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello~
    My name's Soleil and I've been lurking about ConceptArt for....a year, maybe? Ahahah.
    Probably even longer.
    And I didn't even think to make an account until recently, heh.

I've been drawing on a more "serious" level for 2-3 years now and I'm very VERY interested in digital because I figured that I'd love to start focusing on illustration/concept/game design and all of that when college comes around.
    But...I'm still sharpening my traditional skills.
    I'll get a sketchbook opened up here a.s.a.p. so you can snoop around in it if you'd like.

Anyways,
    This site and all involved in it are beyond inspirational and helpful.
    I can't wait to chat to the lot of ya.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Hi, I'm new

Being that I'm not the world's most spectacular artist, and I'm trying to write my own graphic novel, I figured I should probably improve my skillz0rz. So, after much deliberation, and many awkward-teenager-'i'm-not-good-enough' moments, I decided to make my way on over and learn a bit. After all, you can't improve if you're not willing to learn, right?

You will have to forgive my intial inactivity though. I'm participating in NaNoWriMo this year and it may or may not be sapping all of my creative juice. Mmm... Juice...

AAaaaaaaaaaaaannywayyyy. I'm Warpig. You can call me Warpig, Pig, Piglet, or Mykal, whichever rolls off your keyboard with the most ease. I do art and I write. My goals in Art consist of being awesome at anatomy, and perfecting my mountain drawing skills. I definately feel as though I would be a better artist if I bought the new Intuos though. Yes. It would halp meh be awesome. At least, that's what I tell myself.
    I'm eighteen, female, and Australian, too, if that helps you get a mental picture of me. I spend far too much time on World of Warcraft and when I'm not tickling my keyboard (a rarity indeed) I most likely have my nose in a Forgotten Realms book - or I'm up to my elbows in research on my latest obsession. The Knights Templar was last month. Now I'm big on the Aztec calendar etc. Hmm.

Oh and also, I'm horribly prone to rambling, please shut me the hell up.

Lets make friends!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been lurking here for a while, just taking in everything and being completely awed by the level of talent on here. Art's been more of a hobby for me in the past, as my day job is actually in the editorial field, but lately, I've been dedicating at least an hour to two hours per night after my work is done. Having an attic with an art desk in it rocks. :-D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi all, im a beginer on this forum, and i am from russia, russia - is a big snowy country))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello. I'm new here, but I've known about this site for about two years now. I'm currently a 3D animation major at the Academy of Art University online. I want to get my masters degree in 3D animation and one day start my own animation studio. I plan on using this site to better my skills and provide others to see my growth and progress throughout my endeavors. I look forward to meeting new people.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I'm Claudio from Chile.
    19 yo boy studying dentistry

I found out this site by searching images in google by the tag "sketch"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    O HAI! I AM NOT ACKSHULLY NEW HEERE, BUT...

i'm not a cat and I now do have a sketchbook!

Just so you know. Guess I'm less allowed to simply just lurk from now on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Just another n00b

hi,
    my name is steve and i'm a n00b. had some reservations about joining (peer pressure can cure all that) due to the sheer number of members. /sarcasm

NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide

a bit about me: Animation Director on Three Delivery and former Art Lead @ Gameloft.com. won't bore you to death with "self-promoting". you can check out my public profile or visit my website for more detailed info if you want...

anyways hope to make this a fun experience.

cheers,
    V

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name is Jonathan. I'm a 31 year old self taught artist wallowing in obscurity. I've been tooling around the forum a bit on and off for awhile but never made a formal introduction. I'm planning on becoming more active in the community to help me improve my art skills and hopefully find some direction as far as what specifically I want to do with my art and what I need to learn. Although I'm beginning late in life to take art seriously the goal is to find a way to make a living making art be it commercial, technical, illustration, starve, whatever. Basically I still need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. But career or no career first and foremost I want to improve my skills and get an education.

If interested, allot of what I do both on paper and otherwise goes up here
    http://roadkillcopulator.tumblr.com/

And of course the sketchbook which is due to get much more attention provided I don't drop the ball.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=163689

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone I'm Sharome, and I'm an furry (I didn't need to say that, but wanted to get that out there). I rather be called Yoshi here then my real name. I've heard about this site from an site called, encyclopediadramatica.com, or ED for short. I'm an beginner artist, and I mean by it that I draw rather poorly and hope to learn how to draw for myself soon from people that know about art from begin to end. I've gone online for art books and got a lot of different ways of doing the same thing and don't know what to fallow. As I've said before, I'm an furry and would like to draw animals and anthros beings. I can't even draw my way out of an paper bag. Blah blah blah about myself an bit, anyways, I want to learn from someone or be pointed to something that's very easy to fallow, (got an learning disabilities make it hard for me to learn, hint for easy to learn thing). I don't want that to stop me and don't want pats on the head for lazy work from me.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11