NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 14
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    elo,

iv been doing cg artwork for quite a while (specifically arch vis) but want to improve on my 2d work. Im a big sci fi geek and eventually want to work on movies doing matte painting! but iv got a long way to go and seeing the standard of work here im hoping i can learn quite a bit

Thanks hope to bump into you on the forums !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Howdy!

Hi everyone,
    My name is Barry I'm old enough to know better and from Scotland. I have been a professional miniatures painter on two separate occasions but chucked it in. I have been passing myself off as a fashion designer for several international companies the last few years but I've decided to give it up and go back to art collage. I hope I can contribute and learn from the forum.

Currently: Pennsylvania... one day? Boston.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello! I'm new here, name's Meg... which I guess is sort of obvious. Haha. Um... I couldn't think of a great username and sort of wanted to get away from my usual username since it's sort of one that I use everywhere and am trying to slowly distance myself from. Too much information, I'm sure, but regardless; I really like the look of this place! I'm happy to have found it and hope to get along with everyone here.

I must admit, I've been in a bit of a rut with drawing the same style all the time and just playing it safe I suppose. However, I've been working on branching off into trying different things and improving my art overall and I hope this is the place to do so!

I'm currently working on an odd project, a self-portrait of myself as an elderly (or at least older) woman. It's a bit humbling to say the least! However, I'm a bit happier with my improvement in the realm of realism already and hope to improve even more with the critiques and advice I hope to receive from the users here!

As I said earlier, I truly like the look of this place and hope to be here for a while! It looks like a great place to develop and further my skills with the constructive criticism of fellow artists. I look forward to my time being here... now to work on a sketchbook I guess!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello! My name is Karina and I'm 19 years old. I live in Montral and I'm currently studiying 2d animation.

I've been checking this website for more than 5 months almost every day, looking at tutorials, studies and everything, and it already helped me so much! But I never had the courage to sign up! hehe.... The quality of work here is quite impressing and intimidating. If still have some courage left in me, i'll start a sketchbook in a near future, but I'm really willing and excited to learn! Also, English is not my first language, not even my second, so sorry for the mistakes!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, my name is Hendry. I'm really new here. I found out about Concept Art from Imagine FX magazine. It's really amazing since this website is so full of professionals, & the concept artworks that they're doing are amazing & what i've been looking for. I myself is not a pro, since i'm still just a hobbyist trying to achieve my dream & passion in art & illustration. I'm looking forward to be able to learn from the masters here, & also to be able to contribute something to this site someday .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Greetings, the name's Kristen. I'll be posting some stuff on this site off and on, and will begin to do so on CGSociety as well.

I'm a digital and traditional painter who focuses on realism for the most part. I also like to try new things though, but as of now I mostly like to do environmental sketches and character designing. I can also do textures, but overall that's a new niche for me.

On a side note, it'll be great to meet new people with similar interests to mine, I really don't know anyone at all who paints which is really saddening. xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My name is Jasmine~< 3
    Known as Cookieluv246 on some places, other names on others =A=

I've been meaning to sign up to this place, I want to truly improve in my artwork. When I get older I'd like to be in the art industry. I'm fourteen, turning fifteen in August and feel I need to improve...on EVERYTHING. So I was hoping I'd be able to get some help on here. :3 Though I almost feel out of place xDD;;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! My name is Rachel, student Art & Technology in the Netherlands. I'm focussing on 2D, 3D and animation. I've been lurking on the forums for a little while now and finally decided to join. I find this place remarkably inspiring, lovely!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hullo! My name is Tim (or Tymoteusz, if you prefer), I'm 19. I've just recently come back to drawing and now that I have three months of free time I want to improve as much as I can. I'm open to any critique, the more sincere the better!
    Currently I'm looking around for a scanner to flood you guys with sketches. Beware!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I'm Ashley, and should have went to college for art but didn't.
    I'm almost done with my major in computer science, but to be honest I don't love it (of course I transferred schools, so I couldn't take classes in my major until it was too late to change majors.)

My art has been on hold for some time, with me doodling things here and there, but it's no where near the volume of what it should be. I don't even have enough for a portfolio I could be happy with.

I draw just about anything. For the longest I wanted to be a comic book penciller, and I have dabbled in manga, and have learned how to ink via the more traditional way.

I'm hoping I can have a gallery, and learn how to paint digitally. Most of my experience is in cell shading, and to be honest I catch myself constantly wanting to shade more. But when I try to paint realistically, it takes me far too long (then again, a good tablet can remedy some of that).

I'm thinking that I should lean toward concept art and game art, and use that to supplement my comicking.

I guess it's time to play catch up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, I was introduced to this website by a friend. I already set up my personal gallery and wonder if that was an ok thing to do? O.o;

If not I'll be happy to hang out in the critiques area, that's one of the reasons I'm here anyways.

Other then that, as it says in my gallery I'm a digital media student from Florida USA on here for self improvement and hopefully a job or two.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Greetings!

I've been lurking here for quite some time, posting over at TSOFA on a regular basis, and have finally decided to start posting here as well.

Probably stick with the Fine Arts section initially. But, yeah, will probably, eventually, do a CA Sketchbook as well!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all.

Been a regular lurker forever it seems, but I'm going to start posting my stuff soon. I have a year to go until college and I hope to see immense improvement by that time.

Maybe starting a sketchbook will be my motivation to draw more regularly!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello,

I'll be going around as Tir and I really hope I can improve during my stay here ! I haven't had any kind of art study/academy/school experience but I really love drawing, so please bear with me. Because of this I've been a lurker forever but today I finally got the courage to speak up, haha. Expect a sketchbook with some things in about a week or so ^^! (vacation comes first~)

It's nice to meet you all!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all! Every now and then i come here and check out all of your good stuff and today i decided to take the plunge and join you. Mainly for the sketchbook area.

Ill turn 25 next month and Im a guy... (a pig actually) and my days are spent with doing 3D (game art). Im a horrible concept artist... and thats why im here!

Keeping it short so see you around!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello

saying hello,I really like the site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im new and this was sorta hepful.. (=

You moms fahenna all days, Thats what she said

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Heyy

Hey everyone my name is Moiz turned 18 2 months ago ,and i live in good ol London. Drawing, art, painting, and well anything to do wih art has been a great passion of mine from a very very young age. I have always been told that i am a great drawer with fantastic ideas however i have never EVER felt i am as good the people are around here however i shal continue and work HARD to one day produce work which will be to everyones likeing

My dream is to become an architect. I have a dark desire go into the concept design industry, or comic book illustration industry. I say dark desire because my parents would not want me to do that lol but who cares..like the great bon jovi once said "ITS MY LIFE !!.."
    Come september i shall be starting my diploma in art and design studies so yay

anyway just thought id say hi sorry for goin on and on

Also is there a place where i can make a thread to ask for help/tips ? Thanks !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name's Tim, I'm in my early 20s.

I'm a graduate of ITT Tech's Associate's of Applied Science Multimedia program but I don't think I have nearly enough skill yet to get anywhere in the graphic arts/print media industry.

So I am here to learn the skills I'm lacking and hopefully find work in said field.

And on a side note, my username is from the book Catch-22.

Last edited by HungryJoe; August 5th, 2009 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After a few weeks of lurking around this site and being terrified of joining, I finally decided to sign up myself. My professor raves about this site so much and how much it can improve an artist's work I felt like joining would be a good step to improvement. I'm in school for animation, and I want to do better work and really get more invovled in the art world.

I want to be more confident in my work so I can take it to the next level, let do it together!

Hope to be posting soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello users and staff members of ConceptArt.org,
    Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Jeremiah, Jeremy for short,
    I am 15 years old and I have been lurking around this website for a while now, 5 years to be exact, I am going to be perfectly honest with you, It is quite an intimidating feeling knowing that you are going to be judged by some of the best artists out there and knowing that you are surrounded by many other equally talented artists who are competing for the same goals in life as you are.
    But now I am over that feeling of intimidation and I feel it is necessary to expand my knowledge of art and its principles.
    At this point there is no looking back.

Last edited by WeAreLegion; August 9th, 2009 at 06:15 PM.
    My Sketchbeezy Fo Sheezy
    "We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents." - Bob Ross

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo, feels great to finally find a site that encourages, nay, practically requires members to give helpful critique! It does my heart so much good to see this.

Posting my work on this site will be intimidating, yes, but that's half of the fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey a newbie just saying hello!
    I have been lurking on the site for awhile and I feel like this forum is going to give me the help I need in growing and developing my work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Hey there! I'm new to this art-related art and when I found you I enjoyed all the kind of work here

I'm also not so practical with drawing but I hope that I can improve my skills by join this awesome site =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello im new at concept art and i want to post my skectbook but
    i dont know where is the "post new tread" option pls can anyone helpe me??!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello :3

I'm new to this site. Uh, I don't know what else to say aside from hello and I hope that I will learn a lot from being here. Hmm.

Eh.

Yes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi
    My name is Alison, also from Scotland but I live in London. It's been some years since I did any real drawing so I'm getting back into it and starting classes in September. I've got a course - five full Saturdays in a row - lined up at Central St Martin's which I'm really excited about (but feeling slightly intimidated at the same time!).
    The site is really encouraging and I love looking at everyone's work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, there. I'm very new here; I have been drawing for some time but do not feel to be 'professional' by any standards and as such, am not sure if I will post art here or not.

But I do hope to learn some various things from the users here and maybe, at some point in the future, I will post something in hopes of critique. I would like to improve and am trying to improve on various things; at the moment I would like to improve on coloring.

I do hope to learn and see alot of interesting art here, and hope to enjoy being around a community that does actually care about art, in contrast to the site I've spent most of my time at...

~Anna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much! This was very helpful!
    I am indeed new here- I migrated here from deviantart to broaden horizons and to try and improve my work!

--"Crazy woman with the pink hair and the clarinet/sax/camera/wacom say WHA--?!"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Fenyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi
    Fred, 29 yo from France.
    I'm here to be inspired by others and share my graphics to have critics

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 173