NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 13

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there! ☺

I'm doing my final year of highschool and I plan to study probably graphic design (or a similar art course) in Uni or Tafe if I'm lucky enough to get in.

What I've started to realise though is that I'm CLEARLY not the best artist I could be. My drawings lack knowledge of the basics, things like proportions in anatomy, shading and shadows, how drapery should actually look like and not a pile of random scribbles and much more.

I signed up to conceptart.org in hope of developing my art skills, as I have found while browsing the forums, there a range of different types of artists who could offer HARDCORE advice and tips (my teachers and friends cannot provide me with GOOD critique.).

Iíll probably start of by creating a sketchbook somewhere on this website. (As soon as I find where itís appropriate too. Ha-ha).

xoxo Nessay.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi all.

the first post in this topic is useful ! thank you very much !

And to all members. You all have impressive avatar.

i will have to find another impressive one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, ConceptArtists!

My name's OspreySoul on here, Danielle in the world outside my computer screen. I'm a college freshman majoring in Communication Arts hoping to get into animation or something of the like. I have a real soft spot for cartoons, but I'd like to be adept at digital painting. I came here from deviantART, but I'm ready to take any criticism you guys can dish. I'm not quite sure how this site works yet when it comes to image hosting/posting, so bear with me.

Sketchbook

deviantART

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey y'all.

Wow!! that's about all I can say from what I've seen here so far, what a sketchbook of talented artists (cannot think of a better collective noun)
    I am truly humbled by your talents.

I am a 3d guy (artist is title I do not yet deserve) my specialty is Architectural visualization and 3d model creation for use in gaming and animations. I am freelance (read starving) and love every moment I get to create.

I was refered to this site due to y'all creating a Sketchup section and believe I may be of assistance if anyone needs help with Sketchup, in return I hope to learn digital painting in order to create a new niche for myself and future clients that are bored with photo rendering and wants something more artsy.

Thanks to all that make this site possible and one of my new 'happy places'.

My website:
    http://solosplace.com/default.aspx

I'm naked and loving it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Hello! New Developing Artist Here!

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a new, hobby-developing artist that would like to learn and hopefully one day be good enough to do this type of work for a living! I've seen this site before, but never took the opportunity to join - till today! I really hope to learn and get better in terms of skill and art here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello!

Since this is the place to introduce one's self I decided I would. I live in Michigan currently going to college and studying drawing, life drawing, and other basic drawing techniques. I finally took the plunge and decided to make an account on this site. I have to say it was very intimidating with the amount of talent already hosted here.

I will be transferring to Savannah College of Art and Design in the Fall. Majoring in Game Design, I hope to do Concept work as the ultimate career goal of mine, but I have a long way to go, both study-wise and skill-wise. I'm hoping that by making a sketchbook thread, and posting pictures on the forums people can help me bridge the gaps between semesters and keep me drawing. I have a hard time staying motivated to draw when a semester ends...so I'm hoping the forums can help with that.

I plan on starting a thread sometime within the next few weeks, probably when my school goes on mid-winter break, so I can take pictures of my work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Hello, artists! I'm new here (if you can't tell) and after looking for a place to say hi, I found this. (yes, I'm one of the few who read rules ((I run and mod a few smaller forums))

After reading and finding out that image hotlinks to DA don't work, I'll have to move my gallery to a photohositng site before I throw them up for what would most likely be a thorough drubbing, as I'm merely an amateur.

I'd like to savvy myself as a rather good vehicle artist, but chances are that with 150,000+ members here, I'll be but in my place with some much needed perspective. I'm also working as an apprentice for a comic artist, and our current project has me practicing and drawing several hours each day. Hopefully the effects of this will show soon, with improved art and techniques and a jump-start on my own comic idea.

I already see a tremendous amount of pure talent here, and hopefully I can snag some of that talent here.

For now, since I've yet to move my gallery from DA to another site for hotlinking, I'll leave this link to my art page, (( www.swain-slave.deviantart.com )) Hopefully you can gauge my amateurishness by dropping by there, not that you have to

Anyways, Hope I can make a good show of myself here, and hope that with your help and critiques I can become a better artist over time.

-Thomas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Meat

Hello im almost new here (just been posting a bit in DSG so far), im a wc3 modder and hobby concept artist. At school i study media and communication (photo, sound, video, text & design, webdesign) which is very fun, but figured it might have been the wrong choice for me xD.
    Im pretty much surrounded by my interests both on the internet and real life.

(Warning: Wall of text!)
    I probably wouldnt be here on this forum today if i didnt start gaming, i've always loved to draw on pen and paper, but how i started working digitally is a long story. It started from when i was gaming Halo, a friend of me found this cool trick you could do in this game (Warthog jumping). I found this pretty cool so i started searching and found a warthog jumping forum for Halo (how would anyone even think of that xD). It was there i noticed the graphic section full of signatures and wallpapers. I was really jealous because i didnt have to the software to make any good ones. So later i found a GFX forum with nice people whom i admired and it was at this point i got myself Photoshop, so i made aaaaaaaalot of stuff. I stopped playing games at all then, but then i got myself proper computer for gaming so i could finally play Wc3 on the internet. Soon i started getting known with alot of people and was introduced to a mapmaking/modding clan (which ofc had a forum). From there i started making maps/mods, skins/textures and icons (like those in WoW). From this clan forum i wandered to other modding forums and found a fan art/concept art forum. The artists artworks were pretty poorly with some exceptions, but its from here i got to know with ConceptArt.org. Oh and btw i've been at DA, but never made much progress with my art there since there were none to give me critique :C

Btw if your interested in my Wc3 maps go here: The Hive Workshop

Other then that i could present some of my art, but i wouldnt say the finished ones are worth as a good showcase. However here are some recent sketches:
    #1: Some kinda demon. Im gonna redo a sketch of this creature since im not satisfied with the result.
    NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide
    #2: Im more or less satisfied with this sketch.
    #3: The pose is rather odd and just like the 3 other sketches, too thick brushes xD
    #4: Most recent sketch i've done (its still WIP), the legs look a bit odd for some reason.

Well thats about it... cya around on the forums, one day i'll be posting in the Finished section

edit: Im a norwegian btw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was looking for a good Art forum so here I am.

My name is Maia. I was a student. Was because I had to stop studying (I need money to study!, No money, no art. Blah). Anyway, so there, I was studying Architecture but now, I work. I guess I have to do everything the hard way.

I don't want to go saying that I am good since there has already been too many people in here who went beyond the description of that word. Let's just say I am a beginner in more ways than one.

I'd like to make my own graphic novel. That would be damn sweet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi. My name is Brandi. I love art, so here I am. I'm hoping to learn some things... I probably won't contribute much of my art for a while, mostly because it isn't good enough for this site. But I do want to get better, and maybe at some point, even good enough to show something....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello and all that. New here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey CA'ers! I decided to bite the bullet and register here! Hope to have some of my work up here soon

~Drew

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello,

Glad to be apart of this community. Now I gots to get drawing =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hola fellow CA members! I suppose it's the same ol' story - I'm new here and I've come to learn. Finding this thread was a bit tricky as I usually fail to notice sticky'ed threads :p. Anyways, hello again and I hope to stay around!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh noes, I'm one of those people who made a "hi I'm new" thread... I'm sorryyy x____x;; -bashes head on keyboard-

ANYWAYS. Thank you for the helpful thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi CA!

This is the most creative and inspiring artistic community I ever seen!

Special thanks to MassiveBlack team...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, guys.

I'm Bioluminescence, or, if you prefer not to type out the whole username (Ridiculous, I know), you can just call me either Bio or Keith, which is my real name.

I'm 15 years old and I'm a spriter. I've been spriting for more than a year now and can safely say that I have around average experience.

I joined CA to get some critique and helpful tips from fellow members. I also hope to learn how to use my Photoshop program to its fullest. ;D

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up on how we should post our art. I'll get my own 'art' up so I can get great crit (And hopefully give out crit of my own XD)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp

So.... really there is a girls secret section?? O_o why?? lol

Hahahaha, I have to say, I love the emoticons of this page xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi ^^

Hello, I'm wakoes and I'm Indonesian, any way I'm still newbies (because there a lot a thing that i did know so I'm still consider myself as newbies) and I had no basic education on art what so ever , but any way did have huge interest on art, specially on drawing, painting, illustration, and also on 3D in fact I was interested on illustration stuff back when I was in high school when I was part of school newspaper , and I did learn some 2D analog drawing and illustration stuff from some local street artist here near my hometown .

Any way the reason that i joining is because I want to know more about art specially the one I really interest with and... hopefully i can be a maestro like you guy ..nah maybe that to high for me ( because when my first time i gazing around this site I'm totally stunned with those artwork that so amazing, so beautiful, so mind blowing, so... OK! i did know how to descript it.. its totally awesome) maybe a good artist ... hmmm ... a better artis then

so.. to all my maestro please.. please.. teach me to be a maestro like your ... I mean to be a better artist (no way I can achieve that masterpiece like your with my noobs skill )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, everyone. I'm new here on conceptart.org and thought I might introduce myself. I'm Blizzard5291 and I'm a 17-year-old guy from Michigan. I'm currently in my senior year of high school and will be enrolled in th University of Michigan in the fall in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts. I hope to one day work in genetics/biotechnology research, though I have a great love for art and anything creative. It would be amazing to work in that science field and then also do some concept art on the side, thus fulfilling the creative aspect of my personality.

I've always doodled in notebooks or whatever scrap paper I had at hand since I was very young. For about 2 years, though, I've been treating art more seriously. I've been on deviantart for a while now and feel that it isn't as mature of a community as I would like, seeming to promote popularity more than improvement and creativity. Conceptart.org, however, seems just the community I crave. I hope to improve in my art while also meeting fantastic artists and people.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A friendly hello! =) That's all for now, I hope in the next months and years I can share my life experience with this most awesome community that you guys hold together!

See you all here =)
    AMess

Take a look at my sketchbook if you have some time =)
    Or my small old one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the Advice!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zerk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all! Another greenhorn for what seems to be an amazing community of artists. My artistic exp. in a nutshell: Drew from age 2-17, phased out of the art scene till pretty much now. Never had any formal art classes or schooling. I'm very amatuer in skill, but I'm very excited to draw from this site's well of knowledge. Hope some day to work in the gaming industry as a designer of some sort. I look forward to getting to know you all and having my work critically sifted thru and refined. Gonna hurt but in a good way I think Anyway, that's my "short" hello.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all,
    I'm new here and i want to learn from you guys..
    I was designer for clothing and fabric back then..(about 8 years ago ).
    Since my husband and I moved from one country to another, I'm trying to work from home. I want to be a fashion illustrator, so I can work from everywhere, I guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys.

I happen to be new here. I knew a thread like this existed somewhere!
    So my name is Jeff, right? King would be my last name.
    15 y.o, and yet to be amazing. (Making progress, hopefully.)

This place seems awesome, so yeah.
    Hope I'll see you all around..

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all, I'm a casual artist looking to improve and keep pushing my work, even if I'm not going to make a living off of it. Art has always been a way to express myself (I think I wrote and illustrated a story about a bear and a ball when I was 3 ).

I've watched and learned from CA for a while and just got up the courage to jump in and be a part of it all. This is definitely one of the best forum communities I've ever seen!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I'm an architecture student (but already working as an intern for a small firm) who wants to improve on the graphic design of my line of work. Although I've worked a lot more with photography on an amateur level, I want to improve with the drawn part.

"Time heals everything, except the waste of Time itself..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not exactly new here, but I figure I have been a lurking for long enough. Time to step up and make myself heard!

I'm currently employed in the video games industry, but I'm also going to school to finalize my degree and get some better credentials other than "worked on games for children aged 4-8". I know there's always room for improvement, so I should really start to post some things up here for crits. How else will I get better if I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Now, if I could just get off my lazy butt and actually finish something!

Anyways, looking forward to getting reamed by all you professionals out there.

Cheers,

bean

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys, I'm also new here. Been trying to get on here for the last couple of weeks but had problems with the anti spam thing upon sign up. Anyway I'm here now! I'm a 2nd year uni student studying illustration and I've decided to seriously start putting in some work to enhance my all round drawing skills and hopefully make the transition from paper to digital.

take it easy,

Rich

PS: Sorry I didn't read the rules thoroughly!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone

My name is Ryan, I'm 24 and live in Washington. Where I live there isn't that many place where I can learn art, so most of my art is from being self taught or tutorials online. I would love to go to a college so I can learn actual techniques and what not. I am into the traditional sculpting and 2-D Drawing. I took a animation class in community college but that got me no where. Was a waste of time!

I haven't been drawing too long..If anyone has any pointers on what I should do, send them my way. I am all ears and always willing to learn something.

As for sculpting, I have a lot of WIPs that I would someday like to share with everyone on here.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 29