NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide - Page 11

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Howdy,

I'm a long time lurker.

I'm a hobbyist artist and a professional composer. Hope to, you know, stuff... and things.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, uhm...i read about this site in another forum and i though of giving it a look.

I'm a 27 year old graphic design student(who dropped-out from career in computer systems-it was not my thing-).
    Really amateurish gallery here--->http://gaara-monster.deviantart.com/
    Also from Mexico, so English is my second language and sometimes it gets a little hard to understand without help from a dictionary.
    Well, it's time to lurk the site.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I've known about this site for a while but joined just recently. I'm a hobbyist artist as well, exploring digital media and oils, nothing big yet, though at 26 some folks have a more impressive portfolio. Working on that.

My dA: http://anna-mahdi.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello everyone

I'm a 23 y/o illustration student from San Francisco. Actually, I've joined this site a long time ago, but just recently decided to jump into the community.
    I really hope I get to become a lot better in terms of skill, talent and sense of art here, so I can be a professional illustrator/artist in the future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I'm new here. Just thought I'd throw that out there! =3
    I'm attempting to improve my art skills, so bear with me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I've lurked here for years and I finally registered an account, so here I am. See you guys around the site!

Last edited by Bourin; December 21st, 2009 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Hi folks. I came here from the far away land of Deviantart hoping to get some of that serious critique I've been hearing about. Maybe after a few months here, I wont suck as much :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello! I've taken quite a few art courses, got an AA (no money for a 4-year unfortunately) and am looking to continue my art education. My goal is to become a freelance illustrator. I am looking to improve my skills, most especially in composition. I recently purchased a Wacom tablet and am enjoying Photoshop and Painter. I am overwhelmed by all the cool stuff on this site and look forward to learning a lot!

Leonardo da Vinci - "The supreme misfortune is when theory outstrips performance"

Jumping around houses north east in the uk.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Hey, I'm a self teaching art student from north west of the united kingdom. I've been placed in this non-art college (Yet I'm being a naugty kid by sketching whenever I can!)

I've listened and followed to the advice here while lurking - and it has helped me out loads. Such as the self portrait a day - doing master copys and drawing from the imagination.

Started at 17 and taking it more seriously now at 19. I'm hoping to contribute here when I have the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Making myself 'known'.. "Hi.. My name is Adam.. I thought I was an artist.."

Nah.. just things going downhill around here, so finding it difficult to focus on doing even my daily sketch practice. Which is so vague.. sketch practice... what? Do I just pick at random of what to draw and fail for lack of previous attempts? YES!! I would now have the attempt and next time I run across similar thing I will already have a little..

Er. where was I?

I believe I'm one of the few beings who truly only know a smidgeon about everything, and thus knowing nothing about anything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all, I'm Lazy Lazarus. I'm very new to art, having always considered it something I was naturally bad at. After a bit of playing around over the last few weeks, I've come to believe I might be able to improve if I try.

This site seems a great place to work on it. I'm looking forward to some of the activities here to get me thinking outside the stickman.

The latest example of my work, as it may be:
    Name:  alien1.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  18.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello! I'm Sarah =]
    16 year old girl inspired by the art of graphic novels and such. But not anywhere close to being that good!

All the pigs are all lined up
    I give you all that you want
    Take the skin and peel it back
    Now doesn't that make you feel better?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Hey guys, new one here as well.

Man, I'm really excited by this forum, just checked it out, and I'm blown away by the sheer quality that people are putting out here. It really is fantastic.

At the same time, I feel apprehensive. While my work has serious improved over the past few months, I feel like that it doesn't even par with some of the stuff here. I hope to achieve that someday, for certain.

I currently work mostly with illustration. I work with some anime-like style and other "more realistic" drawings, mostly dealing with figures.

I hope that you guys will like some of my stuff, and hope to get many pointers to improve on my work.

I'll try to post something tomorrow, but if you're curious now, I have a deviantART page at http://adrian-malseraph.deviantart.com .

Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello ! i'm lo-hita, french women, i drauw between few years and i try to learn numeric art : it's hard, realy! but i love it and i work every day. thank you for your patience and you gently becaus my english's very very bad hum hum ...
    i have a blog : yess !! grenouille-en-folie.blogspot.com, if you want to visit me i'll be happy promise kiss all of us

candide, naïve, romantique, rêveuse, amoureuse, fleur bleue, ouaip c'est mon portrait ça pfffffff
    grenouille-en-folie.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm an eighteen year old from CT and I do a whole bunch of stuff, namely music and art. I'll be posting my art here most likely, since I've seen a lot of great critiques (what I need) for not so great artists (like me!)

If you want, you can check out my music or art, the links are in my signature. For now, I leave you with my favorite pastel drawing I did about 2 years ago. I don't have the reference photo but I think it might have been from National Geographic or another magazine.

NEW HERE? SPEAK UP! - a beginner's guide

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really helpful and by this I say hi. I 'just' joined

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Uhm. Hi guys. I joined a couple days ago..

I probably won't post much until I get a bit more comfortable with my art. I'm 13, and well..I'm still in the process of learning (never hurt to get a head start, right?).

I hope during my stay that I can learn more about anatomy, traditional mediums, and many other unexplored areas (maybe I can even get a mentor to help me along the way). I have to learn to work outside my comfort zone and be more flexible. I suppose I draw in a "cartoon" style, but I am trying my hardest to learn to draw more realistically and have more knowledge about human anatomy. Wish me luck?

(And I also read a post and I just to say it is very accurate. This place really does knock the arrogance out of you! -cowers-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, everyone! This seems like a really great community, so I'm glad to have found this place.

My name is Sara and I'm 13. I primarily do digital art, and though I do a few pieces in traditional media, my scanner's broken so there's no way to get them up at the moment. I first began drawing seriously two years ago, when I was 11. Granted, at that point I was only interested in manga. Because of that, I think my art has suffered, as I haven't improved as much as I probably would have had I really studied the finer points of anatomy and realism more. However, I've been diligently working on realism for the past few months and am relatively pleased with the result. I look forward to sharing my pieces with you all.

Sometime later into this month, I'll be applying to the Academy of the Arts, located in Hartford (I live in CT). I'll have to have prepared a portfolio by February, and I'm really hoping that with the guidance of so many great artists, I can make it a great one and show off my full potential.

All in all, this looks like a great place, and I just didn't want to seem like a stranger. (: I look forward to getting to know you all better!

~SM

Last edited by sing-macabre; December 2nd, 2008 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi I'm new here I have been a long time lurker. I feel this is a great place to become a better artist and meet and talk to other artist with the same interest. I jointed because I feel this is a very friendly place to get help with my art and to improve upon it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone! I just found out about ConceptArt today and well, just joined. It's kinda overwhelming now because everything is still very new to me here and I'm getting a bit of a visual-overload! Too many great works here...so I need some time to get around this place...nice to 'meet' you all and hope to learn as much from all of you too! :o)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The new guy steps to plate

Hey howdy!

Been a fan of the site for a long time, just now realized that there were forums I could join. Since running the gambit through the threads and reading through sketchbook after sketchbook, I had no choice but to buy a tablet and get after it!

So long story short - long time doodler, painter, airbrush, tattoo, sculpting, some flash and lots of webdev. I even call myself a scrimshandy, but mostly cause I like the word. I work in many mediums, hoping to get better in the digital realm... really need better software, but hey, having fun!

Totally stoked btw - a lot of artists here that I've looked to for inspiration. Daarken has always been a favorite (I'm a WoC fan/old school PnP gamer) and about shat myself when I saw him posting here. Not to stroke the bloke, but that was like strumming on a guitar and having jimi sit next to you with his. Okay, maybe that's overshooting, but you get the point. Awesome place you have here - I'll try not to muck it up.

Cheers,

//Joshua Burrough

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Humans,

I'm a young lady in my 20's. I have a Sequential degree from SCAD, but haven't done much illustration in a while. I joined to hopefully break the spell. I have a website at brokenumbrella.com, which you're welcome to check out.

Glad to be here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Might as well introduce myself since everyone else is doing it too ^^; My name is Yannick Toney(better known as Nick Toney). I am 17 years old. I was actually referred to this site by one of my teachers at school. I hope to one day become an animator. Not much else to say now >< umm......

I also have a DeviantArt site: http://therhi.deviantart.com/

I dont go to some fancy art school(like most of my friends ) but I still try to improve anyways because I dont think it matters THAT much if you do, in the long run it might, but I'm not worried.

I mainly draw anime(if you can call what I do NOW anime >< ), still hoping to get better at art in general though.....

I guess thats all thats really important to know about me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Okay, so I'm (relatively) new here, I've been lurking for a few weeks posting here and there and decided to be out with it finally.

I'm Nomi, and I'm here because the overwhelming majority of the work I see here blows my stuff out of the water. Stylistically, I'm mostly happy with my work, but I lack the technical skill to make it anymore dynamic than it already is. I'm collecting examples of what I'm going for; What I've already GOT can be seen here

http://nominus-expers.deviantart.com

here

http://furaffinity.net/users/nominusexpers

or here

http://nominus-expers.artspots.com

I work almost exclusively in traditional media, mostly because when I had a computer with photoshop it could run that, but ONLY that. Any digital work I've done was done badly, with a mouse, and over much more time than I feel it should have taken. I'm open to opinions in general; I don't usually respond well to critique because I'm completely unused to critique being in any way constructive, by which I mean most people will tell me that something's wrong or needs fixing and not give me any more information than that. The most common words I hear are " give it a little more polish" and I have no idea what is meant by that.
    But I digress.
    When I get a reliable computer and start scanning things again, I'll probably put up a sketchbook and post in the critique center, but I mostly just want thoughts on my work so far if anyone's willing to give them.
    Thanks,
    -Nomi

" God has placed me on this earth to accomplish certain things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die."

My Sketchbook

CA-FA-DA-AS-LJ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! I'm Anna, and being the hopeless newb I am, I posted my intro in the wrong section! :/ heres the sketchbook I posted anyway http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=143934 sorry ^^;

I'm really excited to become a part of the ConceptArt forums, and a little... no I mean VERY nervous due to the incredible talent on offer!

Thanks very much!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I'm new-ish.
    To be honest I don't want to become a concept artist. That path used to be what I wanted and thought that being a concept artist was "it." Time goes on, you learn and experience new things, and I no longer have a desire to be a concept artist. That path doesn't make me happy.
    However this forum holds so much great information and support for any type of artist I believe, which is why I'm here.
    I would like to be an illustrator/contemporary artist, but I want to learn good anatomy still, lighting, composition and so on, because I believe that is very important.

Yeah anyway, nuff of the formality, g'day, how r ya, and glad to be a member here. Names Claire btw :] Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

student inquiry

Hello,

My name is Shawn. I am currently enrolled at CATO in the 3D Game Animation program, in Kelowna Canada.
    We have been given an assignment in which we must interview an artist in the gaming industry. If somebody else could take the time to answer a few questions I would greatly appreciate it.

1.If you had to re-apply for your position, what would you put on your demo reel to secure an interview?

2.What is the best advice you could give a student who is just starting?

3.What does a typical day at work entail?

4.I know that this industry is very demanding, and requires a lot of hard work. That said, do you still have fun amidst all the chaos?

Thanks for taking the time to read my email, I hope you can get back to me.

shawn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi there,
    i want to make it short: im a swiss guy with lots of power to create: art before sex and food.
    i want to show thats more in my fucking country than heidi and giger.
    im glad to join this community. ive been a long time just watching.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Super new Please hit me up haha

Hey My name is twiggy and i was wondering if there was a specific place for cosmetic artwork you know kind of the basics makeup bone structure, adding tattoos and piercings... if so please letz me kno...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in... YES! It took 3 days to get my authentication email... but I'm finally here.

So yeah.... My name is Shannon and I'm an art addict. If I'm not at work I'm drawing (actually I also draw at work). I have no social life, because that is a waste of precious drawing time. I think if I stopped drawing I'd probably have a heart failure...

Pretty excited about this website.... that you actually talk about.. gasp... ART on your forums. Looking forward to some good conversation... between drawings of course. LOL!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook