Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Malakai SinClair: Thank you, if you feel outmatched, work even harder. Good luck and hopefully my crit I gave you was helpful.
    Koto Stomp: Glad you dig my learning stuff, though I have to motivate myself everyday to do them to become better. As for what I draw per day... Depends how much free time I have and I always draw something each day that I don't post here.
    GunTrouver: Thanks. Same goes to me, reading about it how things work are also certainly helpful in the progress of study drawing them. I'll try my best to continue, although it's tempting sometimes.

Just a quick fineliner character design and some Bridgman shaped figures for getting a loose feeling.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks
    Bustos full (except for the feet and hands) anatomy check and a Hogarth hand. I will certainly draw more hands from now on, after I made this one (proportions damn it!!).

Thanks
    Just being busy on other art related stuff, I forgot to do some studies. Not much, but I will try from now on to update daily till 27 July, I will be on a vacation trip for 3 weeks then.

Thanks
    Great work---I can see a lot of improvement since the first post. I especially like the way the anatomy drawings have progressed. One thing I've learned about the human body is it's nothing but a mass of curves interrupted by a few lines. When I really started to see that the body can twist and pose in (to my once thinking) "unnatural" curves and angles, I ended up with a better grasp on posing figures. Heh, not that I'm an expert or anything, but there's my .02 for what it's worth.

In all you're doing great, keep up with the good stuff ----I also liked the quck sketch of the warrior woman with the shield towards the end of your posts. It was just a sketch but it had a nice volume feel to it. Nice!

Cheers,
    VR

LIVE FREE. DRAW HARD.

Thanks
    Excellent studies of the hands; the only thing that I found hard about Hogarth was that in his books he never really got into the structure of the body, i.e. the bones and muscular connections; the foundation of the forms, why they are the way they are...

Keep it up and when you're on vacation, be sure to keep your sketchbook nearby!

Thanks
    Viking Raider: Thanks, since I'm studying anatomy, I noticed something similiar as well. You will notice things while drawing from mind that you could'nt draw and see before thanks to my studies and it motivates me to do more (as long I get the change).

Crazy Dude: Thank you. That's also why I never use only one anatomy book, I do like how Hogarth is exegerating his anatomy so I can recognise parts better. I use other books for aplying different methods on learning. And I certainly will bring my sketchbook with me, I'm aiming to do mostly life drawing.

I started to draw with the perspective method that vehicle artists mostly use and some legs + muscles.

Thanks
    I really like the drawings you did of the muscle groups of the shoulder on June 15th. They are really informative. Did you reference those out of a book? If so it looks like you are learning from some good material.

Thanks
    Thank you ForSience, I think you mean July 15th? The arms are referenced from a Japanese site I found trough posemaniacs: http://www.geocities.jp/kita_site3/ The anatomy stuff (animations included!!) can be found here

I think this will be my latest art post before I'm going on holiday. The reason is that I'm pretty busy with packing in the luggage and other things I have to do. I'll be updating again from what I drew during my trip in three weeks. See you then!

Thanks
    hey there, im new to the sketch group

I've only had time to review the last page of your work but i can deifnately see that your putting your efforts into the right stuff, Bridgeman is good. Maybe look at another author (maybe loomis, stan lee) aswell to get a second perspective though, or you run the risk of looking derivative. Pose maniacs rules, http://characterdesigns.com/ is also awesome.

cya around, ill try and update mine asp

Thanks
    smartkyle: Thanks for replying. I will look in to the poses from characterdesigns.com soon.

I'm back from vacation and I drew quite a lot that I never did that much yet on holiday. (because most of the time it's hot or there are lots of other cool stuff to do.). Here is a selection of scribbles and a handfull of life drawings:

Thanks
    Hope the vacation went well,

Awesome, the drawings of the plants look the strongest, but just drawing the people in their (non)daily routine is probably the quickest way to learn how to draw the figure... It might not get you acknowledged with every muscle or how it works, it helps in learning the gesture of the figure. I need to do more of these...

I also like the dynamic waves in the landscape that you have.

Later,
    Shawn

Thanks
    good general sktching of inanimate objects. The gestures on those pages are off though, Do you turn your pages when you draw, I used to and my figures were tilted or leainng just like yours are looking. Make sure you start your figures with a strong dynamic action line and keep you paper straight! well at least while your laying the figure out at first.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.