angel&girl WIP- would like help for the painting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: angel&girl WIP- would like help for the painting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

angel&girl WIP- would like help for the painting

Hello CA,
    this is a drawing I've made with pencil and paper, I scanned it and tried to paint it in photoshop. Right now, all I've done is blocking the colors, with some shadows too.
    I would really appreciate some help about painting, because it just doesnt seem right. I used a multiply layer for the sketch to make a color layer under. Is this efficient, because I feel the sketch's lines take out of the painting.
    Also, should I paint on a white background or not? Because right now it does seem he's floating around... Even if he has wings (yes, I havent done them yet), will do that on a seperate layer). In the initial sketch, I had quickly made some stairs, should I keep them?
    Hmm, that's a lot of questions but I would really appreciate to hear your thoughts about this.
    Here's the WIP and the initial sketch (the left leg got cut for the scan), thank you for watching.

EDIT: also, if anything, position or else, looks weird, please do tell
    I would REALLY appreciate to hear your critiques and thoughts...

Last edited by kais; September 3rd, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry for the bump, I just changed some colors and added the stairs to see if it looked better, and I think it does

Last edited by kais; September 3rd, 2009 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright last update for today, because I'm really stuck with the painting... I'm wondering if I'm not just going to keep the sketch and finish rendering it..
    I added the wings to see how it would look (made the canvas bigger), and changed just some small stuff (the stripes on the girl's socks...)

Last edited by kais; September 3rd, 2009 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kais,
    You're making some nice progress here. The decision to adjust her arm was a good one. I'd go back to her leg though, specificall her right leg. Based on the way her body is turned it should be further behind the left leg, not sticking out the way it is now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, thank you for the crit, now that you say it, it does look wrong, thank you for pointing it out! I just made a new sketch where I modified the leg, it looks good now. Yes a new sketch because I think I'll make a fully rendered pencil sketch of it and try to paint it too.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.