Thanks

Painter IX problems, please help me answer.

I have a couple questions , some things I can't figure out in Painter IX.

See these screen shots, this first one, How can I delete these custom Categories? I've tried the Restore default varients and ive tried searching in my painter folder to see if a folder was created for them, but I can't find anything.

Attachment 94735

In this next photo, I can't get my custom icons for my favorite/custom brushes to move, they are stuck where they are, how can I "unlock" these to move them without having to create a new custom pallet. Also I have seen people who have custom pictures for these icons, how can I make custom pictures for my brushes?

Attachment 94736

Also a couple questions that don't have pictures, How can I customize my interface, I've seen this done. (custom colored windows and backgrounds and fancy stuff)

And anyone who has used painter X , is it worth purchasing? Are there significant differences from version 9 that will make it more pleasurable to paint with?

Thank you,

Joe.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Joe
    How can I delete these custom Categories? I've tried the Restore default varients and ive tried searching in my painter folder to see if a folder was created for them, but I can't find anything.
    Go to CDocuments and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Corel\Painter IX\Brushes\Painter Brushes and delete the icon (.jpg) and the folder named "flat blend". I agree it's a PITA...

In this next photo, I can't get my custom icons for my favorite/custom brushes to move, they are stuck where they are, how can I "unlock" these to move them without having to create a new custom palette.
    Just press the Shift key as you click on them, you will be able to drag them anywhere you want (including off the palette, which will delete them).

Also I have seen people who have custom pictures for these icons, how can I make custom pictures for my brushes?
    It's what was selected for the Category icon when you first created the Brush Category (see your "flat blend", above).

And anyone who has used painter X , is it worth purchasing? Are there significant differences from version 9 that will make it more pleasurable to paint with?
    There are a few threads on this forum about this. And my recommendation is just to download the trial from Corel's web site and decide on your own!

Thanks
    Hi,

You can arrange your palettes however you like, then:

Window > Arrange Palettes > Save Layout

Give your palette layout a unique and descriptive name, then save it.

It will appear in the flyout menu:

Window > Arrange Palettes

You can save multiple palette layouts for various projects.

To change the background color of your image window:

Edit > Preferences > Palettes and UI...

Click the Custom Color button, choose a color, Click OK, then click the OK button to close the Preferences dialog box.

Now, when you open a new Canvas and stretch the image window to show the background, it'll be the color you chose. You can change it again any time you want.

The rest of the interface colors are dependant on the style you chose in your OS. I use Windows XP Home, and use the classic style since it's less distracting and, I think, uses less memory (could be wrong on that last comment).

Painter X

I'll second Philippe's suggestion to download the Painter X free 30 day trial version and add, it would be best to spend as much time as possible using it during those 30 days.

I love Painter X and know it takes some time to realize, and understand, all of the new features and how they work.

Have fun!

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.