Thanks

Question Painter - how the h*ll..

Okey, i've tried painter since version 5 when i went to school.
    I can't seem to manage myself to learn it. I am a pro at Photoshop, no worries there, used ps since 3.
    Can it be that im too used using ps and the translation is hard?

The pressure sensitivity when i use painter is strange, (default settings). I must press real hard to make it black and sharp, but then it comes like a shot, BLACK and big, no pressure sensitivity. What happend to the 1023 other steps?

And the brushes for me is totaly strange I know im ah newbie in painter.. I mean, i have a subject to draw, lets say a speedpainting.. I start with what.. all brushes and tools are weird.. Airbrush dont work its to blurry, 2b pencil to hard..
    And the settings for each is humongous and many..
    How should i start learning them all..

And painter for me is slow, or at least it seemes so, i draw a line, and sometimes i need to wait for it to come up.. Especially when speedpainting sketches and such. Photoshop works fine..

The questions are many, but i dont seem to find any good resources or answears on the net..

Anyone here that can give me a tip, link to a tutorial or something.. Please tell me how you started learning it and do i realy use all brushes? I dont do oil.. but because i dont know how they all work, im combining like EVERY brush in the set to a whole mess :mad:

Im grateful for all replies.
    Sincerely
    Nicklas Forsberg

Portfolio:
    http://www.nalf.se/paintings

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

RiGHt!

Ok, Guys im a Newbie too in Painter, since i cannot find any valuable step to step guide, intruducing myself into the painter world.
    As the guy who writes up, im in trouble to learn Painter ways...i beginned to understand watercolor effects but Oil painting still a mistery.

--Sorry for the bad English im Italian---

I work with 2 kind of Wacom tablets, one in Office, an Intuos 2 and one at home a Graphire 2...The intuos is amazing, Gave me all 1024 pressure points in painter to do sketches with 2B Pencil, but the graphire 2 is a bit Tricky...512 point of pressure make the difference.

I need an approach Guide badly
    If someone can help i'll appreciate...
    Oh My, here it comes the ^Vampire^

Thanks
    Edit>preferences> BRUSH Tracking. I think that will help the pressure problem. although I'm kinda new to Painter myself

Thanks
    Some brushes are very cpu-intensive (especially the new Water Colours), and that will keep the stroke lagging behind your pointer. Others, like the Oil Pastel, Tinting brushes, Scratchboard Rake, Dry Ink, are quite fast. But I wouldn't push it resolution wise

The "pressure sensitivity" varies with the tools, some are slow at firing. I recommend setting up a huge canvas, and going through all the tools. It's really fun, just doodle your heart out I found my favourites that way.
    Portfolio: www.torsteinnordstrand.com
    Working on / for: Age of Conan / Funcom

Thanks
    Painter can seem rather daunting at first.

you must set your brush tracking every time that you start the program. It is in edit/preferences/brush tracking. Painter does not remember the settings.

Try using one of the felt pen brushes set to a light grey to sketch with. As the brush is set to build-up the stroke will gradually get darker as you continue to draw. As you refine your drawing the strokes will get darker. I generally draw with the opacity set somewhere between 15 and 20%.

Shamless plug here.
    In December, Charles River Media is publishing a book I wrote. It is mostly Painter oriented. Follow this link to see more about it
    http://www.seegmillerart.com/book.htm

I usually have many painter tutorials on my site but I am currently in the middle of an update. They should be working soon.

If you have nay questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me.

Don