Character/creature WIP [Crits greatly apreciated] (Warning: Boobs)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Character/creature WIP [Crits greatly apreciated] (Warning: Boobs)

Hi guys and gals, I've been working myself blind on this piece and need to leave it for a couple of hours and thought I should ask for some critique, so let me know if something doesn't work or if you have any suggestions, paint-overs are greatly appreciated as well

Name:  2007-02-14b.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  108.2 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there. I think it's looking very good so far, can't really see much to crit. Her right arm looks like it could use a little more definition, at the moment it looks like it's missing a joint. That's really the only thing I can see.

Actually, regarding the lighting for the creature's arms, it looks as if you've made a stylistic decision to have them all in shadow. I don't think the arms would be in a deep shadow like that, based on the direction the light is coming from. I've got a feeling you've done that deliberately, although it just doesn't look quite right to me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Matthew Campbell: Yeah the dark arms are deliberate but I will probably give them more light before it's done, thanks for the feedback

Okay, so the last couple of days I've been learning some (very) basic rendering with Blender which is a lovely (and free!) 3D software. I've been doing real-time graphics with it for a couple of years for games and such but this is the first time I'm actually rendering the scenes in Blender and it's turning out to be great fun.

I saw a thread here a CA a while back where someone used a 3D application to get the lighting and perspective down and then painting on top of the 3D scene and I've been wanting to give this kind of mixed media a try for a while now so I thought this would be a great opportunity to do some experimenting. I'm not sure how I will mix the two mediums yet and if it will work or not but my goal is to make a painting without letting the 3D "feel" come through to much, if anyone has any experience with this don't hesitate to give me some pointers

Here's the image as it looks now: (The background is just a very raw 3D test with the same tower and 3-4 buildings being repeated over and over again, still trying to get the composition down and will add a lot more buildings and stuff)
    Name:  06.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  355.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that is looking very very good. Once you get the details in and some more "action" in the piece it will be great.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.