Sketchbook: Trying to create new worlds - Help & Crits needed. - Page 6

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This one was for the EOW 78 "The Abbatoir" along with the Enviro class Week 7; for the comp and lighting I tried to mimic one of the masters painting.

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi robmorfin it's not a bad composition ! i think that u should add some shades in the first plane so that u can create the sensation of deepness and space ! The yellow light or what it is we are seeing on the window is two yellow ( the color it's too strong ) and we can't find it anywhere else in the image ( u must keep u'r image balanced from every point of view ) ! u lack some contrast and the perspective it's inverted at the chest or on the bench i'm not sure what it is ! keep it up and have fun !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiberiu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiu View Post
    hi robmorfin it's not a bad composition ! i think that u should add some shades in the first plane so that u can create the sensation of deepness and space ! The yellow light or what it is we are seeing on the window is two yellow ( the color it's too strong ) and we can't find it anywhere else in the image ( u must keep u'r image balanced from every point of view ) ! u lack some contrast and the perspective it's inverted at the chest or on the bench i'm not sure what it is ! keep it up and have fun !
    Thanks tiberiu, you are right, thanks, added more shadows in the foreground, dulled the background, and I think it's creating the depth effect now, the blood pool pit at the left I think it's fine, I'm showing the vanishing point in the 2nd image.

Thanks for the observations, much appreciated.

Your sketchbook is very nice by the way, I am going to start adding Architecture to my Enviros from now on, I was avoiding that until I had the basics more under control.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your prismacolor and chartpak marker peices look really good. I really love your alien music store concept, that one stood out to me the most. I hope to see it in full texture and with a background, if you ever plan to finalize it!
    your perspective is very good, but I dont see many rganic natural elements. your 3D work seems to be lacking some texture and background though, more details and natural weathering on the surfaces would make everything look better

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alizel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Alizel View Post
    Your prismacolor and chartpak marker peices look really good. I really love your alien music store concept, that one stood out to me the most. I hope to see it in full texture and with a background, if you ever plan to finalize it!
    your perspective is very good, but I dont see many rganic natural elements. your 3D work seems to be lacking some texture and background though, more details and natural weathering on the surfaces would make everything look better
    Thanks a lot Alizel, maybe I should try to paint digitally as if I was doing the marker and prisma, with layers on top to create texture with the colors, I will most definitely finish the Alien music Store, didn't get any comments on it before, but now I will continue it to the end, thanks, and in regards to the natural elements, I have been practicing, will include them more every time.

Thanks a lot again.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was an assignment for the Environmentoring class, the idea was to create thumbnails of a world that we wanted to see, I Got really carried away with the "Game Universe" that I want to see, so before the thumbs, I decided to plan and think through how the universe was going to be, what kind of planet, atmosphere, environments, culture, etc; Otherwise the thumbs would have been way too random (which maybe it would have been better, who knows, so here is the thinking behind the thumbs:

PLANET TYPE:
    Two planets collided into each other, one being 3/4 the size of the other, this created ripples in the collapsed area, half of the new planet is water, the other half is land divided in two continents, there are to twin moons rotating around the smaller collapsed planet and there is one smaller moon rotating around the twin moons.

ATMOSPHERE:
    8 Kilometers of Oxygen (moons have their own atmosphere of oxygen, each one of 500 meters thick), there is a ring of sulfur gas around the bigger planet area, surrounding the diamater at 1 km from the surface, it is 500 meters wide by 250 m thick.

ENERGY:
    All energy is created by the absorption of sulfur from the atmosphere's ring by Vacuum Power Plants, there are four of them, Energy Structures and Terminals installed all around the planet supply free energy for all, anybody that tries to monopolize, sell or sabotage this system receives the death penalty; The ring's sulfur regenerates itself, keeping the same sulfur volume always.

WEATHER:
    Stable Core, no eartquakes, no tornados, storms are very predictable by the weather man, they are always stopped by flying vehicles that surround the storm and fly in the opposite direction of it, while vacuuming it up to a stop point; Tide change is very considerable, 25 meters difference every 32 hours; A day consists of 64 hrs., moons rotate around the planet every 8 hours, the planet rotates around its star (year) every 48 days (time flies); Gravity is equal to 4.86m/s2 (50% the Gravity of Earth); Waves from 6' to 42' break in a spiral breaking mode; Temperature ranges from -40dC to 90dC; Sea Water is drinkable.

RELIGION:
    One Master God, he can be seen but he is inmaterial, can't be touched or replaced, he names the other Gods and replaces them as will he has a palace in one of the twin moons, there are 5 more Gods (2 men and 3 women), they are human and can be replaced through death each one has its own palace and its own city.

PEOPLE:
    Everyone flies after they are born, they have only human strength.

ANIMALS:
    There are no animals.

VEGETATION:
    Jungle Vegetation in both continents, planted as food farms of different types, random growth in the mountains.

BUILDINGS:
    -Defense Towers,
    -Main Temple,
    -Palaces,
    -Healing Buildings,
    -Plazas,
    -Factories,
    -Vacuum Power Plants,
    -Energy Terminals,
    -Food Farms,
    -Water Plants,
    -Energy shield transformers,
    -Stores,
    -Housing.

TRANSPORTATION:
    All transporattion is capable of Flying, Running, Floating and submerging.

Well, as I said, Carried Awaay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like them all.
    That last isometric view you posted is quite nice as well.
    The only thing i notice is that the perspective on the spire of the lower bridge seems to be bent and is quite distracting.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Bartzis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really cool stuff. It feels like you can push detailing to be tighter in some areas and pull back the details in other areas.

My sketchbook is here

15. The Following User Says Thank You to softocean For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Members who have read this thread: 1