garuda-a head gear for a theatrical performance..Pls feel free to comment!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: garuda-a head gear for a theatrical performance..Pls feel free to comment!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

garuda-a head gear for a theatrical performance..Pls feel free to comment!!

This is a theatrical head gear concept design for the hindu mythical man-bird 'garuda'...I intended to draw the profile with whatever details i can manage..because the information lay mostly on the profile view..
    The eye that you see between the two parted beak is a performer's real eye ( made up)..the head gear is attached to his complete costume( yet to do)..pls lemme know your suggestions.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's pretty. Now, more technical stuff? How's does it sit on a person's head? Materials? What's the back looklike, more mask-headdress awesomeness, or will the audience be able to see the inner workings? How big is it? If that is were his eye is, where is the rest of his face in relation to the beak. I think this is cool, but would really like to see some more sketches/ideas as to how you'll actually make it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

reply to questions

Wow and thank you for the feedback..
    I will begin by answering them one by one.

Regarding the intricate detailing..
    This is not a travelling performance ,but will be part of a huge themed attraction ,among which the show will be enacted twice a day..

Still i feel that this head gear,being an enormous one should be in pieces which can be assembled in parts.This also will help the headgear's maintanence( repair and cleaning, even if we are supposed to have atleast 3 head gears at a time-one for the performer,one as a standby and the other incase the standby creates a problem)

There will be a session where the audience ( mostly after the performance ),will visit an archive of all the costumes and masks used for the show.We want the audience to understand and appreciate the artistry behind every costume ,every finest detail.And then ( the buisiness part),to sell smaller replicas in the merchantise section.

Regarding the size..
    As you suggested,I can only explain this with a size relation chart.I will post sketches as they are made..
    Regarding the face and the mask...
    Garuda is a majestic golden eagle ..I thought its too comical to put human eyes to enact expressions( they look a bit comical)..moreover he is a stone cold guy..
    I thought of retaining his eyes the same ..while the actor wears the head gear,his entire upper face ( till the end of his nose ) will be encased inside the headgear..
    the bottom is open..this is because I visualised the actor to orate( hyms ..mostly)..because ..if i design a mask ..it will be too boring for the audience to watch an 'emotionless' face for even more than a minute..
    Materials...
    this ..I should admit seriously that I have no idea because im yet to do a research on it..I need a costume designer to take the details from this part ,once ive approved ( me being happy is the toughest part) the designs.
    I dont see any funky colours in it..But thers lot of glossy brown and golden feathers..
    I should say Im not an authority on materials..
    Thank you so very much to criticize my work...your insight has given my job new meaning..
    Thank you for all your support...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.