Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Book of Life... or sketchbook.

Thanks

My Book of Life... or sketchbook.

Quick Profile:
    Name? Andrew
    Age? 21
    Location? Southern California
    School? Mt Sac transfering to Cal state fullerton and hopefully attending atelier after that.
    Goals? Improve, make mistakes, learn from mistakes, improve.
    Last edited by xxEnder; November 5th, 2008 at 10:22 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sketch/WIP: Just a random girl i made up because i felt like drawing a cute girl, still a wip, i have trouble drawing legs and foreshortening the hand.

Sketch/WIP: Logan is basically a mix of me and my best friends in terms of appearance, and he represents some of what we went through towards the end of high school and how we changed as we entered college, hes looking a little bit too much like samurai champloo, hm, ill fix it up later:
    Last edited by xxEnder; February 13th, 2007 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks
    Nice posing
    http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...anblast003.jpg
    keep the studies coming mate

Thanks
    thanks for the input. Ill update some more stuff, get some older stuff up too and hopefully ill get some progress on the sketches above, and hopefully more people will come in and share their advice/critique. if i dont get much ill just throw them in critique center and try to keep adding old/new stuff in here.

Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome to ca sketchbooks!
    Those two pics arer very nice-quick and clean sketches.
    I like the girl and also I share the same dream as you- to become a game artist so good luck on your way!

bakatron is offline toronto blue jays fan... i'm serious.... stop laughing at me okay??
    Thanks
    these are not bad at all. i quite like them.

the thing is to improve my doing looads of life art drawing.i mean always keep a sketchbook handy. draw everything in sight.

one of the things that i used to use a lot in my earlier days was to do breakdowns before rendering the figure. in fact i still use breakdowns because they layout my figure and i never screw up on my proportions either.

i would love to see more from you

Thanks
    @grim: thanks for the encouragement, i hope you become a tight game artist too!

@bakatron: i need to do more life drawing, i do most stuff from my head like the two sketches above, i just draw them because i feel like it or because im directed to as concepts, but if i had reference or a stronger understanding from life studies i know itll only help. by breakdowns do you mean like roughly sketching out the proportions? because if so thats usually what i kind of do, especially for poses that are a bit dynamicish.

Thanks
    For now don't render too much from your head. Everything we draw should give some sort of information or some sort of effect, shading on characters should add to the action and dimensionality. The ideal being every mark having a purpose. This wrinkle on the front of this guy's shirt doesn't really tell me anything http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...oyballdone.jpg. When starting out I think it's best just to use flat tones and flat colors, just to brake up the shapes, to get them to stand out individually.
    Slowly weed out ambiguities with the way you represent forms. On here http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...lsketch002.jpg her head's good, it's like an egg, her boobs are good, they're like sphere's, find other analagous forms for other body parts. The legs aren't too good, form's vague, get more dimensionality by using perspective, and thinking of them as sort of cylindrical.
    Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by armando
    For now don't render too much from your head. Everything we draw should give some sort of information or some sort of effect, shading on characters should add to the action and dimensionality. The ideal being every mark having a purpose. This wrinkle on the front of this guy's shirt doesn't really tell me anything http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...oyballdone.jpg. When starting out I think it's best just to use flat tones and flat colors, just to brake up the shapes, to get them to stand out individually.
    Slowly weed out ambiguities with the way you represent forms. On here http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...lsketch002.jpg her head's good, it's like an egg, her boobs are good, they're like sphere's, find other analagous forms for other body parts. The legs aren't too good, form's vague, get more dimensionality by using perspective, and thinking of them as sort of cylindrical.
    yeah, i mentioned im not too good at legs because i dont have as much of an understanding as id like too, so ill be sure to work on it, and anatomy in general. also, Im very intimidated by changing the dynamics of perspective, i know i have to get over it, but at the time i was afraid to try it out (hence why the out-stretched arm isnt complete and the legs are incomplete/weaksauce.

i think if i had shown the background for what was going on the wrinkles would make a little more sense, but i was instructed to just pump out characters, and thinking back, i redrew that pic with a sweatshirt and less obscure wrinlkes, but im not sure what happened to it since the character was dumped. Thanks for the input and ill keep trying harder.

Thanks
    Sketch/wip: finding new goals... like complete my damn work! haha.

Some general life updates, im probably getting promoted with a decent payraise at work, Im basically enrolled at the art institute - inland empire (newish campus). My friend goes there, it seems pretty nice, but his warning was his and my work are pretty much what students look up to, theres not much peer challenge, so ill probably rely on this forum a lot to challenge myself and it sounds like theres some pretty tight teachers there.

Thanks

Thanks
    my friend katrina who is pretty much beautiful

just a random update, im finally starting art school on july 9th. ill be going to the art institute inland empire. i know theres more prestigeous schools out there and art center would be awesome but I feel this is whats right for me, after so much debate research etc etc, i feel this is my calling and the path i need to take.

Thanks
    havent updated in awhile. I have new personal art too but i dont feel like posting it, haha, so heres some studies, my first steps into studying human anatomy:

theres more but these are ones I had to compile for a midterm. Just a little update too, I'm leaving the art institute after only 2 quarters because I now realize there just isnt enough traditional foundation (its over by 5th quarter, only one painting class and its only an elective because some students feel its too hard... yeah, lame, thats another reason im leaving, i cant believe i hear students complain about drawing when theyre an art student, not to mention going into crazy debt) I'll be going back to community college to finish a handful of classes/postpone loan payment and transfer into csu fullerton asap.
    Last edited by xxEnder; November 8th, 2007 at 02:53 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast