Thanks

layout portfolios?

Hi again
    am here with another question again.
    We have to make a school project in InDesign with a layout of something of our choice. I decided to take "personal portfolio", specifically one for a "job application" or generally something like a bigger flyer. I tried to have a quick search on google but I didnt find that much which is why I am asking here.
    Do you have/know good and interesting samples? I gave a quick search on the forum but what I mostly found where either pasted in pictures or links to homepages. All containing fantastic artwork of course but I am interested special layouts.
    Huge thankyou in advance!

Akeyla

EEEEDIT: to resume exactly visually what I mean think of something you can print out and that is spread open maximally an A3 format (maybe foldable etc). It consists of samples of your work , a quick bio and contact etcetera yadda and is NOT a homepage portfolio.
    I was told that such flyers are often made for applications of the simpler kind. Kind of your best in one glance. as I have not really seen any yet this is why I am asking here because I believe I wil most likely find it here. Though I am starting to wonder wheter they really exist/still exist. Must ask teacher again.
    Last edited by Akeyla; February 13th, 2007 at 12:25 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Be creative and give a personal feel to it, so you better don't copy blindly from others

computer arts projects had an issue about portfolio's
    Issue 84 of may 2006.
    there was even a toturial of setting up your document in InDesign.

There were some portfolios posted some time ago, try the CA search engine.

Cheers
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Thanks
    hi!
    i didnt mean copying, I just wanted to see what is around, especially what is around what professionals do. It is just that I am stuck with your everyday homepage version and that I would just be generally interested to see something else. Short info flyers are rare, or atleast from what I noticed doing a rough search (the portfolios I found here were mostly links... :/ )
    I'll try computer art projects 2006, thanks

Thanks
    Many artists here have a link in there signature, if you go in the finally finished or in the setchbook section, you can click away and visit the portfolios or many great artists.

Thanks
    Just make sure you got whitespace in there. A portfolio is a representation of something (in this case, your work). No need to be economic, it has to look good first. And whitespace is what you do when you want to showcase something, because it takes away all distracting things and the eye focuses on your work. Just a little tip.