Which program and tool is best for colour?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Which program and tool is best for colour?

I recently bought a wacom intous 3 9x12 and got corel painter X to use it with. While using it i found sketching very easy(will post some pics soon )
    but the main trouble im having with corel painter is getting realistic looking colour and tones, im just interested in wat tools or different programs the pro's use for colour, like would photoshop give a better result?
    the only tool ive found mildly useful so far is artist oils on corel painter cause its easy to create tone between two colors, if anyone has got as suggestion please post some.
    also ive found on corel that when it comes to finer details its very hard to add them because it gets kinda pixelated with smaller pencil sizes
    if you have any answers for my question PLEASE POST THEM

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Photoshop isn't going to give a better result than Painter. They use the same color algorithims.

If you're having problems with colors, it'd be best to study up on color theory. If you know your color theory and just have a problem with the color pickers, then it should come easy with practice.

Ron Lemen has posted around here (try the tutorial section) about colors. His older posts are under the name "FredFlickstone". Maybe some of that info will help.

As for details, just work large. Like in the 3000x3000 pixel range. Some people start big while others resize their image bigger and bigger as they get into details.

-My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry to ask another question but what media works best for realistic looking colour like wat tool do most people use ? artist oils? acrilic?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, no need to apologize for asking.

Now, do you mean natural media or the media selections in Painter?

If you're asking about Painter, I dunno, I haven't used Painter before.

As for natural media, it really boils down to a matter of personal preference, I think.

I personally prefer Oil Pastels and Oil Paints as far as (colored) natural media is concerned. I've tried Colored Pencils before, but I thought the colors were too bright (though I've seen excellent results by other artists). I haven't worked too much with Watercolors, Acrylics, Markers, or Colored Inks.

Like I said though, that's just personal preference. The best bet is just to dive into something and see if you like it. I know it's kind of a lame answer, but every artist works differently, so it's hard for someone to be able to tell another artist what media suits them best, you know?

-My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeh ive used many different types of media in real life and have no certain prefrences but im more thinking about digital media on painter ive only been using artist oils for now since every other media ends up screwed but im still finding it kinda hard to get sharp lines etc with the oils anyway
    thanks for the info its been great help witht he tutorials you told me to look at.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.