International Students
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: International Students

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

International Students

This is a thread to collect info to help international students find financial resources.

The Rotary Foundation.
    "The program sponsors several types of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students as well as for qualified professionals pursuing vocational studies."

www.internationalscholarship.com
    At this site, you will find the most comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist college and university students in their pursuit to study abroad.

International Student Loan Program
    The programs offered on InternationalStudentLoan.com were established to fill a major void in education financing for international students by providing low interest loan options for students around the world.

Last edited by emily g; February 12th, 2007 at 10:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    American Association of University Women
    International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate study at accredited institutions are supported.

American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF)
    ASF promotes international understanding through educational and cultural exchange between the United States and Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EDSF Board of Directors Scholarship
    Scholarship is open to junior, senior or advanced college student who are pursuing a degree in the field of document communication. Includes document related technologies, such as graphic communications, document management, document content and/or document distribution, and multimedia. Go to website for application and further information about eligibility.

Also on this page:
    Ian Wild Scholarship
    Third, fourth-year or advanced-degree college student who is pursuing a degree in the field of electronic documents, including content and design, print technologies, computer science or graphic communications. Applicant must be a citizen of the UNITED KINGDOM OR REPUBLIC OF IRELAND.

Xplor Canada Scholarship
    Third, fourth-year or advanced-degree college student who is pursuing a degree in the fi eld of electronic documents, including content and design, print technologies, computer science or graphic communications. Applicant must be a CANADIAN CITIZEN or LANDED IMMIGRANT.

Last edited by emily g; February 12th, 2007 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program
    Applicants must be resident nationals or residents of an eligible IFP country or territory. Currently, these are: Brazil, Chile, China, Egypt, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Mozambique, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, and Vietnam. IFP selects Fellows on the strength of their clearly-stated intention to serve their communities and countries of origin, and expects that they will honor this obligation.

Rebild Scholarship Fund
    The Rebild National Park Society Inc. is the administrator of 4 scholarships established to make it financially possible for Danish students who has been accepted as a student at an American institution of higher education, we would he happy to receive your application for financial assistance. Unfortunately, the scholarships are not intended for exchange studies/internships.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    www.studentawards.com
    Search engine for Canadian students looking for scholarships.

The Fulbright Program
    The Fulbright Program is a world leader in international educational exchange. The goal of the Program is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through educational exchange. All applications must go through either your home country's Commission or U.S. Embassy.

WorldStudio AIGA Foundation Scholarships
    Mission is to increase diversity in the creative professions and to foster social and environmental responsibility in the artists, designers, and studios of tomorrow.
    Provides scholarships for undergraduate or graduate art students from minority or economically disadvantaged backgrounds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Five scholarships listed on this page.
    Not all of them are art specific, but they all say that international students may apply.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very valuable thread. Many are need of international scholarships at the moment. I could have availed of too during my schooling years.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Has anybody advice for international student loans? I'm from belgium and I need a loan to get into art center. I looked at some sites but most of them need a co signer that lived in the US for 2 years. I have a co signer but not somebody that lives in the US.
    What should do?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am in a similar situation like you. Yesterday I did a campus tour at Ringling and am pretty confident with the program - but not being a us-citizen and without my parents being able to finance this, there is only a small chance to apply. Especially with Student Loans not being available in Germany per se! I too would have to take a loan with an american Co-Signer and with the high tuition that is quite a favor asked...

My "solution" to this is as simple as it is disappointing: i keep looking for scholarships, try to accumulate a couple thereof and work for the next two years. Then maybe with an additional Credit of some form, I can study abroad. Sucks, but dedication always pays back

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.studyabroadfunding.org/
    This valuable funding resource allows you to search by country or subject to find the study abroad funding information that you need. Our comprehensive database of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, and grants can help make your dream of studying abroad a financial possibility and a profound reality.

Check out the sponsors listed at the above website. They look like some good resources.
    One that stood out to me was http://www.studyabroadloans.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sirio_Brozzi posted about the McMillen Foundation here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...6&postcount=17

The scholarship is restricted to schools in the US states of Washington and Alaska, but it is open to international students.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am from Colombia, currently studying in new orleans, but looking hard to get a scholarship so I can attend a better school. Thanks for this links, I will review all of them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i am from venezuela and im really looking for a scolarship abroad to study arts or illustration if you could give me any more help i would really apreciate it

one question most of the scolarships are for high school students i am currently on the last semester of my college career graphic design what are my chances of getting a scolarship?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im from indonesia, and it's quite hard to find art scholarship that provided for indonesian, could anyone help me...?
    thx

Members who have read this thread: 1