Greetings from Japan!!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Greetings from Japan!!

Hello.

Well my name is Adrian. I'm 25 and I live here in Japan. I dj and produce here in Tokyo as well as run a venue here as well. But I really love art. Before I got into music, I was an artist, but really didn't have money for school plus I was moving a lot, so it faded really. Then I find this site and the work that most of you do on here has rekindled that flame. So I want to start drawing again. I've did some research and picked up "The Natural way to Draw" by Nicolaides. Really a bit nervous about the whole thing anyway. The whole "starting over" thing I guess. Ah well. Things will change.

Anyhoo, enough rambling from me. Always open to recommendations of books to look out for or just tips in general. Oh and if you are in Tokyo, send me a PM and let's meet up for a drink or something. Always looking to meet people.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by adam278

Nice.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, do you have anything recorded? what do you produce/dj mostly, hiphop?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEnder
    hey man, do you have anything recorded? what do you produce/dj mostly, hiphop?

Hello,

yeah I have a choon I'm working on. It's on my myspace: www.myspace.com/renagadeaudio (if you fancy a visit, it's in the "Sounds Like" section).

I produce and dj drum n bass, house, trip hop, and breaks. I'm not really a fan of hip hop believe it or not. The older 80's-90's stuff I'll listen to, but not the stuff out today.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am
    Always open to recommendations of books to look out for or just tips in general.
    There is a link in my sig called "Concept Art 101" that may be of interest to you.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedling
    There is a link in my sig called "Concept Art 101" that may be of interest to you.

Thanks.

Been doing a lot of reading since I've found this site. TONS of great info and inspiration here. Believe it or not, the majority of the stuff I read here, I apply it to my music. Just love it when the two both go hand in hand

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.