Sketchbook: My Sketch Book, mostly all sorts of things
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Sketch Book, mostly all sorts of things

Blade-14 is offline Psycho Metallic Cataclysmist Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Sketch Book, mostly all sorts of things

Hi people, I'd like to introduce my sketch thread, just like everyone one, i'll be posting all my stuff regularly in an attempt to receive crits and the like.
    I have to admit that this 1st wave of work is mostly fanart, but i just need a few crits on these b4 i post other stuff if thats not too much to ask.

Well lets begin shall we?

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just some more stuff i've done ova the drawing era,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, nice stuff, clean lines. See that you got Testament and Sol there too Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very dynamic style, first one is really good.

Keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh cheers people, glad u like em. Btw any improvements u'd like to suggest to enhance my style in any way? cos i'd really like to improve as much as i can and i think u guys are the only people who can help me with this.

Thanks again all, more stuff to come

Last edited by Blade-14; February 13th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to CA. Really nice stuff, clean lines. The only crit that i can give you, well its more of a tip actually, is to draw from life and do figure studies and studies from anatomy. It'll help you improve quickly. Not that you need to, not in my eyes. Your stuff is already awesome. Keep at it.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks all, your encouraging and helpful words mean a lot to me, and now for some more stuff! . I've begun to do figure studies and shading ones too, Back in the say i used to shade all my pencil work, but then for a time was afraid to. Well thanks to this place I actually have the courage to try and get back into it properly. So yeah he he i'm happy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He Blade really nice start! You are into manga.Aren't you?
    So its good that you now practice anatomie and heads and stuff!
    Keept up the good work!

when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought i'd show some more character sketches just for now, The figure drawing studies will continue, but i's still like to have some fun doing my own stuff too, oh btw all the character drawings were doen much b4 the figure drawing stuff im doing now, so don;t b surprised if they're a little off.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right sorry i havent submitted much stuff, n this isn't even much of an update but i've tried to keep on the figure drwing thing, gotta start doing males soon, or else i'll begin to feminise all my work! lol.

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These character studies are great. Need to do some like these in my own sketches. I really like the finished figure study up a couple of posts. You did real well on the lighting and rendering of that one. And the figures in your last post are good as well. keep up the good work.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the first post is great - and I like the studies; as for problems besides the first 4 images or so I'm having some problems with how you have drawn the faces; they don't really hold in compared to the clothes and bodies - so I'd probably work more on that part.

I really liked the Testament piece btw - especially the render of Testament himself.

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the kind words again people, still need to study like sooo much stuff on this drawing thing, as for colors im not gonna really delve into thse until im satisfied with my drawing. I will be shading all of my images and studies tho to get a feel for where shades, shadows and tones should be in relation to light.

More to come peeps oh btw does anyone know how i can make a sig down at the bottom of my posts with a link to my sketch book on it? much appreciated if sumone cud help me out here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I think you have some really cool armor and robot concepts. Drawings from life, especially like random objects around the house or something should help you improve shading.

About the signature, click on User CP on the first menu at the top, then edit signature, and copy and paste the link to your sketchbook in there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cheers, mate i do this now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah i know it's been like foreva since i posted anything here but to make up for it i have been hard at work with my art studies!

I started with a few neck muscle group studies, then went onto the legs but something kept plaguing my mind on what the real subject i should have been studing was,

HANDS the nightmare all illustration subjects and they have been a night mare for me too. be noted that all the images are shown in order of wen they were done. hope i've made progress.

Be re informed that the pictures above were done b4 i started this anatmical study subject. so i hope improvement shows if i do any future images.

As always C&C's are vital. Thanks again people to take the time to look.

Why do u stick your nose in other families business'. Come on dude don't u have any HOBBIES?

My sketchbook beckons, ave a look see?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...09#post1212209

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just some more sketch book malarkey

Why do u stick your nose in other families business'. Come on dude don't u have any HOBBIES?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work Blade-14. I can tell you have quite some experience. I like your new style, it seems that you are developing a more realistic and not so cartoonie style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well to be honest i'm still in the process of trying to master my actual studies as i really only started this book about 4 weeks ago, but im dabbling on everything just to see where my real weaknesses are and in turn deal with them until im satisfied for that time, which i will then move onto something else.

Lil by lil dude, thats all i can say, thanks for the comment tho, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great finger and hand studies!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for stopping by my sketchbook blade! I think your stuff are good man, no crits from me, nothing I can really say that you already seem to know ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No problem mate, like to give the comments as well as get them so no worries yeah? lol

and the encouragement im getting from all of u is a mega motivator for me so if u can keep it coming!

I'll be posting some more stuff over the next few days, gotta get myself a new set of graphite pencils, nu putty eraser, plus a nu A3 sketchbook, good times ahead!

Poland //Where bears walk down the street
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the anatomy and colors are fantastic!!
    cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blade-14, nice studies mate. All I can say I see nothing wrong with your works and the direction you're taking at all. So keep it up dude, only a matter of time.

[Edit] I might suggest that you sketch looser and lighter than you are now, and don't use as much strokes. Or you can sketch lightly your usual way with an HB and then go over it with a darker 2B ( I personally find it useful). Just my two cents, hope that's relevant to ya.

Last edited by JERI; March 2nd, 2007 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    highly valued advice mate, i shall definetly try it next time. The reason i use hard graded pencils is usually cos i don't want my work to smudge easily, but seem to sacrifice contrast in doing so.

But as i sed i will give it a go, probly will do me wonders.

peace out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe you can use that pencil Loomis seems to like so much. Prisma Black 356, or something like that. According to him it doesn't smudge easily (I know the problem man, when I use like 4b or something and my palm goes over to a new area, the whole thing just smudges up). Drawback is that it's also hard to erase. Obviously, for advance users only haha. You should be able to handle it though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade-14
    highly valued advice mate, i shall definetly try it next time. The reason i use hard graded pencils is usually cos i don't want my work to smudge easily, but seem to sacrifice contrast in doing so.
    It's more about confidence in lines actually. I get the impression that you appear to be going over a stroke several times to get to one that you feel right with. I suffer from the same problem myself, and I personally feel that when I sketch lightly with HB and then go over with the darker 2B I develop the confidence to sketch with fewer lines in the process. Not sure if you'll find it as helpful though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet ass hand studies. Way to persist through that study. In response to Jeri, I personally use a 2H for lineart to be inked later. I just can't stand the HB sometimes and as I tend to smudge a lot of graphite, the harder 2H sticks around longer. If I'm doing a study lot of a book or something I'll go HB and add in softer leaders for contrast.

SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CouchPotato
    Maybe you can use that pencil Loomis seems to like so much. Prisma Black 356, or something like that. According to him it doesn't smudge easily (I know the problem man, when I use like 4b or something and my palm goes over to a new area, the whole thing just smudges up). Drawback is that it's also hard to erase. Obviously, for advance users only haha. You should be able to handle it though
    lol wel i know i i need to take more chances in my pencil grades to make my values and contrasts stand out more, it will definetly be tried

Quote Originally Posted by JERI
    t's more about confidence in lines actually. I get the impression that you appear to be going over a stroke several times to get to one that you feel right with. I suffer from the same problem myself, and I personally feel that when I sketch lightly with HB and then go over with the darker 2B I develop the confidence to sketch with fewer lines in the process. Not sure if you'll find it as helpful though.

U got me down in 1, what i tend to to is use the 2h to block out the image then go ova it in hb, imma try a darker grade for this, but what i'd kill to have is a photo senstive pencil as thats what the pros use to draw on their blocked out sketches, it'd be the answer to my prayers

Quote Originally Posted by Matsign
    Sweet ass hand studies. Way to persist through that study. In response to Jeri, I personally use a 2H for lineart to be inked later. I just can't stand the HB sometimes and as I tend to smudge a lot of graphite, the harder 2H sticks around longer. If I'm doing a study lot of a book or something I'll go HB and add in softer leaders for contrast.
    Yep and im stilll not done with em, i plan to do a lot more until hands become second nature to me, although it still gives many artists and illustators headaches. I have to break this weakness i feel i have with them.

Thanks all for thoughts and suggestions, more work to come, promise!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep doing the hand studies, and listen to JERI he knows his stuff

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.