Sketchbook: My Sketch Book, mostly all sorts of things - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, thanks for stopping by my book, really appreciate it!

You have some good stuff going here, the studies are shaping up very well. Work on your line some - try not to go over the same line repeatedly. Instead take it from point A to point B in one go. If you don't have more in information to add to the form, the don't do anything else. Less is more.

Keep it up!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats on page numero two-o. Thx for the motivational coment you left on my thread. Keep up the good work dude. Youve got some inspirational mech and character designs.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping at my sketchbook, your sketchbook is great, some of your anime characters express much more life in them than any others I have seen and they don't express innocence like almost everyonce elses anime characters do, I really liked that, also really great life drawing studies, I specially liked the chick with the hair all around, keep drawing this great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, love your stuff. ; )

I did notice 2 things that really caught me.

Try to blend more when you're shading so that you don't get the strange sketchy rectangular shapes on the shadows.

I'd also like to see you drawing more loosely. : )

I think that's about it.

LOOOOVE alot of stuff. Specially your characer oriented peices.

16 year old Aspiring Animator that is HUNGRY for critique and advice.

-----------------
    Just made it into CSSSA!!!

Blade-14 is offline Psycho Metallic Cataclysmist Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BrendanN- LOL!!! sooooo many people are bashing my lines!! leve em alone!!!
    Only kidding . still working on that department actively mate, there will be improvement, don't worry .

Envisor- I see your a regular subscriber to my thread very flattered. I plan to do some mechanical subject studies to attempt to gain a greater understanding of conceptualising mech based characters. so they should be getting better.

Robmorphin- Thanks mate, i am trying to get away from the mange style but i guess it still finds it's way into my images now and then.

Jakian- Hey the art prodigy visits my sketch book! how u doin u cool? lol. Sketching loosely is at the top of my priorities right now, Hopefully im making headway in that department, my newest images should show case my attempts for this. and for color it's clear i'll need to study that in depth too, but will come with time promise.

Ok people time for another update, I've revisited the life drawing and hand studies, and done a few good copies of my fave pin up girl, the likeness is terrible but i'm still trying for the confident line approach to my sketches. Hope i done an ok job for now.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Why do u stick your nose in other families business'. Come on dude don't u have any HOBBIES?

My sketchbook beckons, ave a look see?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...09#post1212209

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just thought i'd post the more complete version of that pose sketch i did b4

Why do u stick your nose in other families business'. Come on dude don't u have any HOBBIES?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right thought i'd try and get my teeth into some environment drawings to try and expand my scope. Jungles seemed to appeal to me the most so doing a couple of vegetatotion studies and some thumbnails to go with it. It's not much but there will be more to come, also i thought i's show a few new images of my earlier characters as well.

Hope they please, feel free to rip em apart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blade, thankyou for looking at my sketchbook, you have a very nice one going on here, it looks like you've been getting good feedback and advice. If I may give a small crit on your environments, I'd say that your trees look a bit like cotton or stylized clouds, real trees are stupid hard to draw in my opinion, but if you put in some sky holes and seperate leaf masses according to the branch structure, they can become fairly easy to fake. A great book on the subject is " THE ARTISTIC ANATOMY OF TREES" by Rex Vicat Cole. It was originally published in 1915, so the language is very dry and boring, and Rex is very full of himself, but the book has more useful information on trees than any other I've ever seen.

--My Sketchbook--

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Blade-14 really appreciate the advice you gave in my sb, all that you said is what I've been trying to work on, and apply. I'm really enjoy your mech designs, and you are doing some great studies also , you are defiantly on the right road. I also enjoy the line work you have in your characters, but I think if really want to get those characters to come out more, is to really work on shading them, and also will help working with lighting as well. Overall great stuff, I really like post #10. I'll be watching your progress.

Sketchbook

Pale Blue Dot

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates. The latest characters look really nice; solid and stylized. The line quality in the thumbnails shows that they were quick, but it also shows confidence, so keep up with that. Good work overall, showing nice improvement.

My Sketchbook

-Anthony

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looked through it all and I gotta say you've really come a long way just during the course of this sketchbook
    There's a big difference between the first and most recent posts.
    You have some really nice design work there, so just keep it up with the anatomy and faces and I'm sure you'll produce some stunning work in a few years' time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by my book man! You're on the right path with those hand studies for sure and they look good from here. Chicks looking good too. I would tell you to watch your lines but I'd have to tell myself that too hehe.

Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ive gotta say, you do really nicely with fingers, an aria I constantly have trouble with (that and feet). If I were you i might stay away from "world of warcraft" anatomy, while its kinda cool, its a bit of a crutch and its harder to draw people with reasonable proportion and the subtle nuance of flesh over muscle. I really like your studies, I think they are strong. Do you use a micron pen for these?

Also, something I did for a while and it really helped me with faces. I drew the skull first, them impregnated them with eyes, then lightly did muscle and the the outline and erased the rest. Your faces right now look like they are made out of puddly, doing this will fix that. Its time for me to start doing that again as well, I need to buy a skull *sigh* .

Visit my Portfolio

My Book Illustrations : A Children's book in progress that follows a young Raptor. Take a look, let me know what you think.

Inkblot Robots daily rampage!

~la bonne nuit ma colombe, Oui?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for coming by my sketch book and offering up advice, your anantomy studies are really good and definitely keep them up.Your line quality has really improved from your first images till the more recent. Keep drawing and going at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man thanks for the nice comment over at my sb....really like your style and your dedication...

one little crit i would like to give you is that watch your line quality...keep it loose and flowing, right now you are making repeated marks that sometimes can make the piece look over 'sketchy' (trust me i do this all the time lol )

anyways keep up the hard work! i think ill stick around if u dont mind

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm picking up a super hero W.o.W vibes. I like the power ups on the first page. Has a larger than life feel. Keep posting!

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your last three stuff! They are really powerfull looking!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For the hell of it try just a tonal sketch where you don't define the edges with lines at all, just use patches of tone. Also it's good to see you working on faces and facial expression as they have definatly improved since the start of your SB. Nice work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the encouragement in my sb. YOu are really putting some effort into your studies. Now you force me to do mine. (the ones I have avoided all my life) . It's a good thing. Keep it up. Power to your drawing. Those characters really fill the canvas with energy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.