GODS AT WAR TD -Votes 1st ROUND IN!!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Post GODS AT WAR TD -Votes 1st ROUND IN!!

Here it is, this is where your entries go,

please,
    1. Restrain from posting comments until all entries are in.
    2. Include your god(s) name(s) and origin(s)
    3. A brief description of your piece- the whats and why's
    4. Make sure your nickname is in the entry name

(eg, JLAlfaro_sheeba pooping on zeus.jpg)

Entries are due by the 11th midnight

Last edited by JL.Alfaro; February 20th, 2007 at 10:03 PM.
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Notice to people manipulating images: The top one is on photobucket. The second one is on attachment manager.

(Left) Yog Sothoth, AKA The Lurker at the Threshold- First appearance in The Case of Charles Dexter Ward (1927) by H.P. Lovecraft.

(Right) Chaac, AKA God B (as in bursting)- Mayan god of rain, light, thunder, etc.

Yog Sothoth is definitely a bad guy and can be most easily found adjacent to the threshold through which the Old Ones once entered this universe. Chaac is sort of a good guy, but I wouldn't mess with him if I were you. Chaac is shown here in his all in one configuration. Yog Sothoth is coextensive with all time and space, so I've just shown part of him (assigning it the term "him" because it fathered a couple of children by a human woman in The Dunwich Horror (1929 H.P. Lovecraft).)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by arttorney; February 10th, 2007 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks
    Okaaaay

Mine are Thor (Norse God, Likes thunder, sunsets and Barry Manilow ) and Poseidon (Greek, ruler of the seas, handy with a tridet).

Personally i'm going for Thor on this one, because as it's on dry land, Poseidon is literally a fish out of water. Hahaha! *Ahem*

Name:  td_thor_poseidon_mull77.jpg
Views: 6782
Size:  290.5 KB

Mull77

Thanks
    Well... the time has come!

Here is Xenu, God figure of Scientology. His enemies in this picture are the brains/non believers on earth, the brains of logic and reason. He came to earth with a large fleet of DC-8 aircraft, dropping nukes in volcanoes, to bring spirits into the people of earth.

I went for a more subtle war theme. Not much else to say, other than i learnt what I wanted to learn (and that was ALOT!).

Hope you like it...

Last edited by j a k e; February 10th, 2007 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks
    Goddess Chantico: Aztec goddess of home, pleasure, pain, and treasure.
    I have chosen to portray goddess Chantico as the cleanser of the continent, making the land safe and habitable for her people, the Aztecs. Here she goes up against the inhabitants of the new continent, a violent, cannibalistic yet highly advanced primate; an army of Neanderthals. They fiercely battle the goddess, but its useless as she crushes them without breaking a sweat.

Last edited by JL.Alfaro; February 12th, 2007 at 01:29 AM.
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Ermmm, yeah, IT'S ON, biatches!

Leto II, God Emperor of Dune (from the Dune saga, written by Frank Herbert). Evolved into the last sandworm of planet arrakis, ruler of the Empire, slays the few rebels who dare to infiltrate the only patch of desert remaining in the planet, his sanctuary.

Pretty straightforward approach to the subject

Last edited by fedezz; February 11th, 2007 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    I had a change of heart like a 2 days before submission and couldn't get myself to work on it anymore.
    Ares/Enya/random giant group photo.

Thanks
    The Morrigan

Here she is murdering generic orc-like creatures, because she doesn't like them particularly.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrigan

Too lazy to copy and paste text.

DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    RAIDEN VS. AKUMA

Here's my crappy td entrie!
    On my entrie u see Raiden the Japanese God of Thunder fighting
    against Akuma the Japanese God of Fire.
    I Loved to play Mortal Kombat and Streetfighter...
    but this has nothing to do with that!
    By the way...great entries to everyone!
    Like the Morrigan a lot!

My Sketchbook

www.ismilealot.com
    My Blogg and Homepage

Thanks

-We can call him.... Trόλεpocus (πόλεμος means war in greek)

-(this is obviously fictional) He's fighting a south American tribe (what we would today call south America anyway) ancient to the knowledge of the Aztecs even. The tribe is known as the Fouxpec, and it's one of 2 other civilizations in the world at that time, one of which being the Atlantians (Atlantis). The Fouxpec are Hot-headed even to the god of war and needless to say it caused their prompt extinction depicted in this image. Sources say, the Fouxpec were filled with pride, thinking they could conquer anything with their newfound weapons when they mastered bronze and gold smithing. And we know as it is written (and this is true) in Proverbs 18:12 "Before his downfall a man's heart is proud, but humility comes before honor."

A side note.
    He started out as a default God of War for a modern scene, but it wasn't working so now he's just a regular god of war for a civilization I screwed up then made my own.

The civilization is a cross between a south-American Aztek style thing, and medieval times civilization.

I hope you guys like it

Last edited by xzacto; February 11th, 2007 at 12:21 AM.

Thanks
    My god was Set, egyptian god of evil. I'm shamefully posting this because it's the closest I've gotten out of thumbnails really. Been busy with school (ironically art classes leave little time to create decent art) and being sick , but there's no excuse. This is perhaps only slightly better than pussing out.

Definately want to do a rematch sometime xzacto.

Thanks
    Well, I sort of had the Traditional Christian God versus Satan, (OR at least symbolically),

while I'm not sure if this is a violation or not, but Neither make a specific "person" like appearance, God is the large tower in the back, and Satan is the arms. I had the idea of the angels fighting off many hands of Satan.. Satan burning his way towards heaven, with Angels fighting him back.

Hope this counts as an entry!
    (posting as an IMG tag for easy transfer and Attachment for longevity.)

Thanks
    Goddess Flora. In Roman mythology, Flora was a goddess of flowers and the season of spring. Her Greek equivalent was Chloris. That's my version of Flora being at war. She is not destructive goddess in general, but when you need to fight you fight as best as you can...
    Her power is in her weakness... Very powerful manipulative tool actually. Try to raise your hand on someone looking innocent and gentle...
    To insure her victory I placed a hallucinogen plant in the picture, Datura stramonium. All parts of this plant are poisonous. Was used as a component in voodoo magic drink to turn humans into zombies.

Last edited by sve; February 11th, 2007 at 03:27 AM.

Thanks
    Goorialla the Rainbow Serpent (Australian Aborigine)

The Rainbow Serpent is known by many names to many aboriginal tribes, being the immense kangaroo-headed snake that carved out valleys, coastlines and rivers by slithering across the earth during the dreamtime in which the world was formed. Normally benign, the Rainbow Serpent is not a force to be trifled with, wielding uncanny dreamtime abilities and great ferocity in the face of aggression.

vs. Tiamat The Mother of All Life (Sumeria)

Enuma Elish tells of how Tiamat roiled and reveled in primordial chaos, ruling capriciously with her companion Apsu before being slain by their own unruly progeny, Tiamat's corpse being used to construct the earth. Armed with the ability to create gods and monsters in her service and furious in battle, Tiamat was nearly invincible.

Situation:

Tiamat and Goorialla meet in the Chaos before time, Tiamat probably loosing harsh but witty invective at Goorialla's colour scheme. Much biting, scratching and bludgeoning with planets ensues!

Thanks
    Egyptians Gods are the one who must have fight themselves the more. Here are Sekhmet, goddess of war, thunder & winds, Lady of Slaughter fighting Apedemak, god of war.
    Both are ancient Pharaohs' protector, but according to them, one is enough. But who ?

PS: I've to apologize to all the good people who give me some excellent pieces of advice, but I didn't find time through my blank-tests & illness & computer crash (:o) to apply them. Sorry.

Last edited by Narmo; February 11th, 2007 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks
    my goddess was eris
    much like troy i am too lazy to type

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_%28mythology%29

i like what she stood for
    she wanted everyone to be miserable all the time
    so she started the trojan war, i believe. so she would have a huge battle to run around and cause chaos, killing anyone near her
    the cyclops you ask? im sure she has pull with em
    check out my SB later if you want to see some detail shots!

oops
    edit! last minute based on a few crits
    well the ones i had time to address

Last edited by trevor; February 11th, 2007 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks
    Mesopotamian god Nergal. Husband to Queen of the underworld, Ereškigal. Nergal is worshipped at Kutû in Babylonia, and here he's destroying the city while some people try and fight back....

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Fenrir and Vidar:
    'According to Völuspá, Vidar slays Fenrir not by tearing his jaws apart but by thrusting his sword into the wolf's heart, although this does not prevent Snorri from quoting the passage after giving his own version in GylΦΦΦinning.'
    Decided to paint a picture not simply depicting gods/characters fighting, trying to show their differences through juxtaposition, composition, rendering etc. Something that could hopefully, maybe, turn into a portfolio piece.

Last edited by Djohnston; February 11th, 2007 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks
    My humble entry:

Fate vs the Lady
    from the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett

Discworld gods at Dunmanifestin face each other on board games. The pawns in their games are the unaware mortals. Fate always plays to win... but you just never know when you are playing against the Lady. It is said among the people of the Disc that when the strangest things happen, like that 12 feet troll that just popped in front of you, then you can hear a subtle sound... like of dices rolling.

More info on Discworld gods for those with lots of free time : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_gods

Thanks
    Anat Goddess Sister Consort of Baal, having searched out Baal's murder she beheaded him ground him up and spread him over her fields. Sumerian

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks

Ragnarok, the Norse version of the final battle, the end of it all! Odin takes a bead on Fenrir, whose jaws slash the sky and scrape the earth, and winds up as dogfood. Thor bashes Jörmungandr ("Just call me Jormy!") into sushi but dies soon after, not realizing Jormy's other nickname is "Tommy Takifugu." Skoll eats the sun -- bad doggy! Surtur burns the world, including the oceans (what, you didn't know rampaging fire giants could catalyze seawater and fractionate the deuterium and ignite nuclear fusion with a sword? now you do.) the stars go bye-bye and universal darkness overwhelms everything.

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Resist's entry~

The Egyptian Gods Horus and Set, during their infamous battle in which Horus loses an eye! Fun stuff. I have to run now, but I might be able to edit in more info later on..

Thanks

Odin vs Ymir

So, here's my entry.
    It shows a scene from Norse mythology. The fight between Odin (the Norse head honcho and god of god of wisdom, war, battle, and death) and Ymir (titan, and king of the frost giants) In actuality it was Odin and his brothers that killed Ymir, but I ignored them and just made it mano a mano for the purposes of my picture.
    Odin has a whole lot of associated stuff that I tried to include. From wikipedia:
    "Odin has a number of magical artifacts associated with him: the dwarven javelin Gungnir, which never misses its target, a magical gold ring (Draupnir), from which every ninth night eight new rings appear, an eight-legged horse (Sleipnir) and two ravens Huginn and Muninn (Thought and Memory), who fly around the world daily, to which they report the happenings of the worlds to Odin at Valhalla nightly. He also commands a pair of wolves named Geri and Freki, to whom he gives his food in Valhalla since he consumes nothing but mead or wine."
    There's more, but you'll have to check out wiki yourselves because its sunday and i cant be arsed to type any more than this.
    Hope you like it!

Thanks
    I did the hindu goddess Kali, who sort of doubles as a gentle mother goddess and crazy destroyer. I based my piccy off a story where she fights a big battle with demons, and then starts dancin' in a way that almost destroys the universe

I hope it's not too eyeburning:

Thanks
    Hehe, another Kali, cool.

She represents mortal death, time, etc. My version of her is tearing apart Quetzalcoatl (AKA the feathered serpent), mesoamerican god of wisdom, fertility and whatnot.
    Just couldn't take better photo, damn pencil...

Thanks

Bishamonten - God of War and Warriors

Hey guys!

I decided to do the God of War and Warriors From the Japanese culture.

In the image you see the mighty go of war Bishamonten. He is seen with out armor, showing that nothing of human or Hell can pierce a Gods flesh. Swinging his naginata he stabs at the moon, plucking it from the heavens and uses it to dispatch the hellions, sending them back from where they came from.

Sadly the price of war is ultimately paid by the villagers in the town below. For they are the true victims when Gods do battle.

Thanks
    Name:  Noen Azdak_Bishamonten Vs The Oni Devils.jpg
Views: 5080
Size:  368.3 KB

Last edited by Noen Azdak; February 11th, 2007 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    I went for Tor of the norse mythology (many Tors in this competion already) fighting a army. The event doesn't have any connection to any particular part of norse mythology.

edit1: centered it

Last edited by Wasker; February 12th, 2007 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks
    This piece is based on greek mythological battle between Chimera and Pegasus (except for Sandman and the Frog Kingdom). Chimera, which is a lion with a serpents tail and a goats head. Pegasus, a beautiful magical horse with wings which I pared with (Neil Gaimans character) Sandman, the king of dreams. Sandman lays an arrow covered with sleeping powder into the goats forehead to save the life of a soldier frog, but the queen wasn't so lucky.

The battle drags on into the dark woods of the Frog Kingdom, where these brave frogs are ready to take on any advisory to protect their king and queen. The concept for the frogs was based on my favorite character named "Frog" from a popular japanese video game called "Chrono Trigger" for the super nintendo.

here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/theartistfo...nvschimera.jpg

=FOX=

Please check out my sketchbook. I need crits!

Thanks

my entry

took me forever to complete, and i think it came out rather nice.

the giant dude is pazuzu, a babylonian god. wikipedia:"Pazuzu is often depicted as a chimera of animal and human parts. He has the body of a man, the head of a lion or dog, eagle-like taloned feet, two pairs of wings, the tail of a scorpion, and a serpentine penis..."(<-what the hell?)

"...Pazuzu is the god of the South-west wind that was known for bringing droughts and famine during dry seasons, and locusts during rainy seasons."

i read somewhere that he's also the one who possessed the little girl in the "exorcist" movie. here he's overseeing a war between his possessed warriors (the ones with leashes) and some other people.

Thanks
    The God Marduk versus the Dragon Tiamat

According to the Babylonian "Enuma Elish" (Epic of Creation), Tiamat, the god of the salt water, would wage war upon the other gods to exact revenge for the murder of her husband Apsu, the god of the fresh water.

The other gods are unable to defeat Tiamat until Marduk, son of Ea the murderer of Apsu, would challenge Tiamat.

Marduk would emerge victorious, enslave all who had allied with Tiamat, and then forms the world from Tiamat's corpse.

Following the pattern so far, I'm posting again in the attachment manager.

-My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1