problem with changing brush sizes

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

problem with changing brush sizes

Hi,

I am trying out the Painter X trial and I think there are alot of cool features,
    especially the new brush ghost.

But I have been having a problem with the size slider in the upper left hand of the screen.problem with changing brush sizes Everytime I alter the size, no matter by how much there is always a brief hangup with the brush before resuming normally.

This problem doesn't happen with the brush size slider in the general brush section or by using hotkeys to upsize or downsize the brush. Has anyone else had this issue. problem with changing brush sizes

The brushes don't seem faster for me in general compared to IX.5 either, not quite as responsive.
    I
    'm using a 2.3 dual processor mac with 2.5 gigs ram.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by billb
    Hi,

I am trying out the Painter X trial and I think there are alot of cool features,

The brushes don't seem faster for me in general compared to IX.5 either, not quite as responsive.
    I
    'm using a 2.3 dual processor mac with 2.5 gigs ram.
    It appears that (certainly on pre-Intel based Macs), the Enhanced Brush Ghost feature causes enough brush lag with some variants to make it unusable

David

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by billb
    Hi,

But I have been having a problem with the size slider in the upper left hand of the screen.problem with changing brush sizes Everytime I alter the size, no matter by how much there is always a brief hangup with the brush before resuming normally.

This problem doesn't happen with the brush size slider in the general brush section or by using hotkeys to upsize or downsize the brush. Has anyone else had this issue. problem with changing brush sizes
    I find that if the slider drop-down is clicked so that the slider remains open if the cursor is taken away, although the Property Bar brush variant size slider closes automatically when one tries to resumes painting, no media is applied (unlike in Painter IX.5).

The best technique seems to be to click and on the slider drop-down bar and make the necessary slider adjustment in one action without removing the cursor until the adjustment is complete. This will allow the slider to collapse when the cursor is moved back to the canvas.

In Painter X, if the above slider is still visible as the cursor moves towards the document area, painting cannot resume without first double clicking on the canvas or layer (or a blank region of the Property Bar itself).

This may be different for the PC version or on Intel Macs.

David

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all,

So far, in WinXP Home Painter X, I'm not seeing the problems you both describe when using the Size slider.

When I move the slider to the maximum size for brush variants where that's possible, there's a delay. I expect that and it doesn't bother me, since with some more complex brush variants, I can't use them at maximum size at all.

This could be due to my system resources which are not the best available today.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.