Thanks

Deviant art prints + getting in a gallery

Well i have 2 questions...

How many have a deviantart account and sell prints regularly, do you make lots of money off of it, or sell a good chunk. Is it smart to get a Deviantart account for prints, or would you be ripping yourself off?

Second question.

I would like to get more involved with selling my artwork, and be a working artist. I do alot of finearts work. I am curious of how to get work into galleries...How to approach it at a professional level. What do i need to do to prepare a portfolio for it etc...Does any one have experience with this? I heard to go to cafe's as well and get your work shown, although i don't feel this would be that effective.

I do alot of photography work as well, not just selling prints, but actually doing wedding photography, portraits for fashion models, bands, skateboarding etc...How do you get involved on a regular basis to make it as close to a job/your own business as possible, combining all of the above.

These sort of things may have been discussed before, if so, point me in the right direction.

Besides all that, 2007 is going great, and as hard as all the situations going on in my life right now, i am still excited about life and as well for the future.

Thanks again guys,

~JB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You don't even need to buy a DA prints account, anyone can make prints to sell through the site, you just made a larger percentage for sale with the paid account.

It use to be a one time fee for the premium account, now it's a yearly fee.

If you really put the effort into advertising the prints you can make a bit. Sales aren't too powerful, but I use it mostly for bulk ordering of prints to sell offline anyway. It is worth the 25 a year? It's really up to you. Try out the free service and see if you pull sales first.
    Dead dog for sale - Skulldog Studio - Sketch Journal

Thanks
    Dan Heller's website has a lot of advise concerning starting a career as a photographer:http://www.danheller.com/ in the FAQ section mostly

Alsohttp://photo.net/ has some good forums concerning the photo business.

Thanks
    I'm not a particularly good artist. I mean, I try, and I like to show my drawings to people who are interested. Doing that has landed me a few payed jobs doing stuff for people. It isn't regular work, by any means, but it's a start. Start showing off your sketchbook to people who show an interest. I went to college for a year for graphic design, and ended up getting a few commission jobs designing logos for small businesses in my town, mostly the same way, just chatting people up and keeping an eye out for an interest in art, then showing them my sketchbooks and whatnot. It worked for me, and I'm not even that good, man. I hope this helps you in your efforts.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    I make about 30 to 50 dollars a month. It's all random. I'm making this off of selling only two prints. So if you have a lot of good artworks for sell and advertise then you probaly could make a bit more.

Thanks
    "bump"