CHOW #58 Guest Host: MarcoMazzoni. Topic: Nintendo Hero made real - 12 years later

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CHOW #58 Guest Host: MarcoMazzoni. Topic: Nintendo Hero made real - 12 years later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CHOW #58 Guest Host: MarcoMazzoni. Topic: Nintendo Hero made real - 12 years later

ROUND #58

PLEASE CONSOLIDATE YOUR WIPS AND FINALS INTO YOUR FIRST POST.

CLEARLY DESIGNATE YOUR FINAL.

FOLLOW THE TOPIC.
    You will receive votes for every successful representation of the topic elements. The ammount of votes will be listed in the round topic. Description is optional.

Please save your files starting with your nickname.

example: "Oblio_CHOW23_Platformer33 copy copy.jpg"

PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC

(you can add CA logo, etc).
    -------------------------
    DEADLINE
    SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11th
    The way the deadline works: if deadline is on a Sunday and your image is posted on that Sunday 23:59 your local time it's a good entry.
    In fact - as long there is Sunday somewhere on the planet your entry is ok. I will make the poll sometimes Monday afternoon my time (GMT +2) yet i'll have a look at the last entries.

--------------------------

Nintendo Hero made real - 12 years later

Don't you love the new system? MarcoMazzoni is your bos snow.. and he has a lovely topic for you.

In 1995 Nintendo of America officially discontinued the Nintendo Entertainment System and purged their stock of the console. In an oversight that would forever change the world, a new werehouse manager at the Japanese distributer acidentally cleared a batch of "prototype" consoles for shipment in the last wave. Never meant to reach the hands of the consumer, these consoles had the strange ability to bring playable characters from the games to life. By the time Nintendo was able to track down and incinerate all 800 of the anomalous consoles it was too late. An estimated 23,000 NES playable characters had materialized into our world. Due to the quantity of systems and popularity of certain games, many of these are duplicates of the same character.

12 years have passed since the incident and the government has made all possible effort to integrate these characters into our society. While many have made the best use of their powers in our world, some still struggle to adapt.

Your task is to redesign a playable NES character showing how they have adapted or are stuggling to adapt to the limitations of our reality. What are the possibilities of having several duplicates of one character? There are no video game villans to do battle with, but there are still many uses for heroes of extrordinary ability in our world. But remember not all playable characters are necessarily concidered heroic. for every Samus or Link, there is also a Qbert and Chef from Burger Time... or the marble from Marble Madness!

It can be any playable character, but it MUST be from the original Nintendo Entertainment System.
    Now... concept!

Topic elements:

1 = Playable NES character
    2 = 12 years later
    3 = REAL

Make sure your picture contains these - you will receive 3 VOTES for each topic covered.

DON'T FORGET YOUR PRIZE! THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND WILL SELECT THE TOPIC OF THE NEXT ONE!

And will assist me in selecting the entries for the poll. In one week we'll have a new client.Vote him now

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to enter this one. The toughest part will be picking a character to choose! I think that most votes will go to the person who creates a version of a well-loved and recognised character, like Link, or Mario.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    now THIS is a sweet idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    too bad we can't use Nintendo villains too... some good stuff there

Gabriel Frizzera
    www.gabo.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great topic! I'll definitely try this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintend...ainment_System

Last edited by Stephan_R; February 5th, 2007 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Colored up is the final...Cheers all!

Last edited by Helzon; February 7th, 2007 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not saying anything about doing this one, but man, this one is exciting! Can't wait to at least see what people show! ;]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, awesome. Gotta make some time for this...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    POST SCREENSHOT WITH THE ORIGINAL CHARCTER!!!
    i mean it!!!

Thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aight, yes sounds very cool, m gonna give it a shot too.. *exited*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a sega master system

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Excellent Topic

I just finished playing through a good part of twilight princess this weekend, I've already got a great idea. I will have to try and make time for this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow brilliant!!! and a great excuse to have a good fun painting cant decide now of course!! lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I drew this while thinking about Strider, but I don't think my "real world" conversion took him very far from his game. anh.

ok, switched topics to Bomberman. Role-reversal: now he's working on the bomb squad, defusing instead of planting. I'll get this guy polished up on Sunday:

FIN bomberman:

Last edited by bwkeough; February 11th, 2007 at 04:20 PM.
    bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bwkeough - The differences don't need to be outrageous, just plausable. I think you're on the right track.

Helzon - That's freakin' great! He reminds me of Don Vito.

Keep 'em comin'!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marco : HAAA!! yeah he does now that you mention it. Sadly i've never seen the guy before..but googled him and lo and behold. Art imitating life imitating art...oh you know what i mean. Cheers!
    Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Simon Belmont - "Bat" Hunter

Hi. Here´s my first WIP.
    As legendary vampire hunter, Simon Belmont; the only job opportunity he could think of in 2007 was as a bat "exterminator".
    "Getting rid of those evil beasts, with holy power"... is printed in many flyers he´s handed on the streets of Bucarest. Since he always carries those good ol´ holy water bottles with him, he´s also rumored to have been practicing daytime exorcisms. House mom´s just love calling him to get rid of sometimes "non-existent" bats in the attic... wonder why that is?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NOT a real entry, but it was the first thing I thought of. I figured I'd just get it out of my system before I start on any real picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Einen! Leave it just like this and you got my vote!

Brilliant!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Decided to make a U-turn and do Mega Man instead. Went with something of a communist propaganda poster.

Mega Man (or Mega MEN, as there are over 2,100 of them) has adapted better than any of the other materialized NES characters. Despite his childlike demeanor, he is a shrewd business man. He imediately recognised the government's interest in his technology, and began selling several hundred of his bodies to them under the newly formed Mega Man Union. The Union also contracts Mega Men for combat use and their unique power-ups make them a perfect candidate for alternative fuel research. Thier price is unknown at this time, but it is believed to be somewhere in the high billions. Their incresed influence in governmental descision making has become more apparent in recent years. This has raised many red flags among government watchdogs, but many concpiracy theorists believe it may already be too late. Mega Man is already in control.

Last edited by Marco Mazzoni; February 12th, 2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: BAH, my server keeps crashing. Same pic, new link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marco that is some sweet stuff there! The top guy of course looks very perverted. The Mega Man sketch is great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seedy old Q*Bert.

Great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gawd...Marco M. great stuff!!!!!!! I love the coloring on Qbert, almost feels like there is some SSS shaders going on--->great skin material.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Disregard this entry as I didn't read the brief correctly and therefore deserve to be kicked in the nuts.

Poor old Yoshi couldn't get by, so he had a breakdown, got a sex change and started working as a stripper.

this is all I have time for this week.

here's a colour version anyway

Last edited by Nutter; February 12th, 2007 at 03:11 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yoshi is sexy. id definately tap it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha...that's great Nutter! He did come across a little femmie. You planning on rendering that one?

I got to hop up on this. I abandoned my T-Dome entry for lack of direction, so I have plenty of time to whip something up. Look like I've got to put in some late nights to keep up with the talent around here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Azrael - I wasn't going to colour him because of time constraints, but I might give him a go anyway.

cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please respect all the rules. Filenames, border, etc.
    Also... try to have ONE image as final - in this case - see that it includes the original character too (screenshot or marketing image)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really fun COW theme this week, had fun working on it, some really funny stuff posted. I couldnt post WIPS due to a broken scanner, hope its ok.

Dig Dug had no problem adjusting to a different world. He found himself a vocation with which he could continue practicing his air pumping talents, pest control. His techniques have been said to be extremely effective, but some have called them quite controversial. His booming business and lust for exploding critters have helped him adjust to this completely new world sucessfully.

Final:

WIP:

Last edited by Sirio_Brozzi; February 10th, 2007 at 05:06 PM.
    TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

You first knew them as the Mario Brothers, the terror of the Koopa. Once in the real world, they started working in sewers. 25 years later, weed, beer and ska reagge music have changed our heroes. They are now known as the Rude Bros...

Nutter your sketch is really cool!!!! I ve been laughing all day long!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.