Sketchbook: Morty's Sketchbook, Updates almost never. - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Morty's Sketchbook, Updates almost never.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Aila: Dunno if upside down referencing does anything good, though ;P My book says it may do, and you'll have to focus on the lines, not the bodyparts, like it is a jigsaw puzzle. I could not know if the drawing would be better if I'd just draw it with the reference, not upside down, in front of me, because I haven't tried it yet. I think so, though. Anyways, thanks, and success!

---

Here's a sketch I did today, but there are loads of anatomical errors in it. Who can find all?

And another one wich photobucket didn't allow to show:

Cheerio
    Morty.

Last edited by Morthrong Eterech; August 24th, 2007 at 02:15 PM.
    Indeed, I'm the only member who got his avatar from google, and didn't draw it himself. Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That sounds like a challenge to me

- balloon boobies
    - thick neck
    - long right upper arm
    - broken right forearm
    - hands too small
    - left hand twisted too far
    - chin is crooked
    - hips too low
    - thighs too short

Don't get discouraged though, it was a while after my reference drawing of a whole whack of nudes that my bodies started to improve.

Keep 'er goin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    That sounds like a challenge to me

- balloon boobies
    - thick neck
    - long right upper arm
    - broken right forearm
    - hands too small
    - left hand twisted too far
    - chin is crooked
    - hips too low
    - thighs too short

Don't get discouraged though, it was a while after my reference drawing of a whole whack of nudes that my bodies started to improve.

Keep 'er goin
    Yay, you found 'em! I think there are even more, but that's not important. I think I'll just, indeed, keep goin'

Cheerio
    Balloon Boobies.

Indeed, I'm the only member who got his avatar from google, and didn't draw it himself. Oh well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Both a little referenced, heheh. Let's keep going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some sketches I did today/yesterday.. Last one is not finished.

Cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, really nice anatomy studies man, you really have the motivation to improve there... the human body is just riddled with things that make the brain go *bam* and you seem to really be working your way around all the bumps. Try to keep your proportions in check and you should be fine.

Ps, some of you female figures are

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @MaxoftheSouth: Well thank ye, I indeed want to improve. Sometimes the better drawers here dismotivate me (Because they are so good that I think I will never ever become so good, but maybe this is wrong, because everyone can get good or better in their own unique way, wich means that you might never get as good as them, but also even as good as them or better, because your style can get unique (it already is, but..) and handsome in a way you would never expect). Sometimes they also motivate me, in this case they give me inspiration. You are right about the proportions, and I still need to practice anatomy and go on. A few posts ago already, I was angry at someone who said I should go practice anatomy, while I was already practicing it the whole time. But before he said it, he also mentioned that I can draw figures, but the anatomy is wrong. Actually I now believe he was right, or quite right. I mean, that's what I reckon. Anyways, thanks again, and I indeed try to make some of my female figures attractive in some way (Wich sometimes doesn't work, because of the distorted anatomy-things).

Now here's a few other stuff I did yesterdaynight. I might be doing some shading studies, or a shading sketch today/tonight/tomorrow.

Oh, and the first two drawings are referenced.
    Cheerio

Last edited by Morthrong Eterech; August 19th, 2007 at 09:01 AM. Reason: I like editting, I do it all the time! YAY!!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!!!!! Editting rocks your socks off like it's nothing! Yay!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hm, I have more sketches/drawings done, but photobucket refuses to load. Darn it!

Cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New sketches. The first one has reaaaaally bad anatomy, that makes you say: 'What the crap is THAT?' The second one has sketches I referenced from other sketches, the last one has both referenced and unreferenced sketches, featuring feet, arm (Yes, one), and hands.

Cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A thing I did yesterdaynight.

Referenced, though. I don't really feel myself improving these days, and it also feels like I never will. But we all have those moments, don't we? At least, I hope so. I first used referenced a lot, then I stopped referencing, and now I'm referencing again (drawing with reference, that is). That means that after I've done these referenced drawings, sketches and studies, I must've improved when I don't use the referenced anymore.. However, I can't force it. I also drew a sketch of a piece of crumbled paper, but it didn't look like that at all, it looked more like... paper brains.

Cheerio

Edit: Above sketch is very hastedly shaded, I could've done it better.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You are now far more productive than I. Congratulations

Just want to pop in to say the improvement you've made, from the very first time I met you and mentioned about reference work, to now, is outstanding man. I took me about a year to go from kinda bad to kinda good. You went from placing people's eyes on the tops of their heads to these last reference drawings in about the same time. The change from symbols to observation is great.

I also see something of my 'style' if you wanna call it in the outlines and hatching... hehehe

A few crits; breasts are still a bit of a problem. They're not quite as round and 'balloon like' before, but they could be a bit more natural. Try to think of them as parts of the chest, not 'attatched' to the chest but flaps of flesh protruding from it. I can't say much else though, since you're working on everything and I think you know what you need to do.

Keep going, have fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    You are now far more productive than I. Congratulations

Just want to pop in to say the improvement you've made, from the very first time I met you and mentioned about reference work, to now, is outstanding man. I took me about a year to go from kinda bad to kinda good. You went from placing people's eyes on the tops of their heads to these last reference drawings in about the same time. The change from symbols to observation is great.

I also see something of my 'style' if you wanna call it in the outlines and hatching... hehehe
    A few crits; breasts are still a bit of a problem. They're not quite as round and 'balloon like' before, but they could be a bit more natural. Try to think of them as parts of the chest, not 'attatched' to the chest but flaps of flesh protruding from it. I can't say much else though, since you're working on everything and I think you know what you need to do.

Keep going, have fun
    Heh, maybe I'm indeed a little too harsh upon myself about my improvements. But well, I just want to 'understand' the human anatomy more. I always seem to be missing something. And yeah, maybe I sometimes used a bit of your style, to try out Didn't work out all that well, I'll create my own style eventually, though. And, alright, I shall do more.. boob studies! I'm looking forward now already. Maybe I can even use references from internet, so that my parents, suspiciously as they are, see me dragging whole boxes full of pictures of breasts to my room! Ok, ok, I'm exaggerating a little. I'll just see what I can do again. And, lots of thanks on the tips again, I hope I can do something with it!

Cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I said I'd be doing a bit less rushed these days, but screw that! I keep on rolling.

1 - Reference used.
    2 - No reference used.
    3 - Reference used.
    4 - Only reffed sketch is one of a breast.
    Yeah, it seems I just don't 'get' how to draw those breasts natural yet.

Cheerio

Last edited by Morthrong Eterech; August 22nd, 2007 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Because they told me they'd slaughter my relatives if I would not.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something stupid:

Ignore the idiotic dude under the 'still-life', I don't even know if it's a man or a woman. What I do know is, that his anatomy is ri-di-cu-lous! But that was on purpose, of course. Used a new shading technique on the still-life, didn't work out all that well though.

Cheerio
    Morty.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Argh, I tried and tried and tried to draw male muscles, but it just won't work. I just don't 'get' the male muscles enough. Maybe if I practice a bit more? But I did that a lot already, why do I still don't feel like improving and why does it feel by accident everytime I draw something pretty good? Because, after every ' pretty good' drawing, I always draw it completely wrong afterwards. It's never anatomical correct what I draw - sometimes it's pretty good, sometimes it's not, but it's never anatomical correct. And looking at the SB's of other 14-year olds who draw male bodies almost perfectly isn't really helping. Darn, I really wish to improve, get motivated more from my improvements, and actually see that I have improven/improved (sp?). My inspiration is at level nihil right now.. Maybe it's because I've been doing a lot of sketching every day again, and now my eternal well of Inspiration is empty and needs to be refilled, wich can take days. Ah well, I sound like a depressed kid, wich I am not. Let's face it; I will improve! But it's not a matter of how, but it's a matter of when, I think. Heh, you know what is the most stupid way to start a book about how to draw? 'Drawing isn't hard, it's very easy!' I don't think you can call that motivation, because then you are questioning yourself (when you're dissapointed about your unimproved skills) 'what am I doing wrong, then?' or: 'That's a lie, it IS damn hard! At least, a long road to go, and now they're saying 'It's very easy, and everyone can do it'. Well, they shouldn't go easy on it.' And one of my drawing books actually starts like that, I hate that. Anyways I really want to understand the incredible bodies of both male and female sexes, and I want to put my pencil on the paper and be able to just 'draw', at least a rough sketch of the male/female body. Then, the other aspects of drawing can come up. But right now, I'm in the middle of doubt about my skills and improvement. Schools' coming up, also, wich means less time to improve/test out stuff. Even less than last year, because I screwed up that year, totally. Now, I really have to focus totally on my homework, wich is friggin' hard when you also have the ambition to discover and dissolve the mysteries of anatomy. I am afraid I now, for the first time, can only draw in weekends (When school starts again, wich is next monday). But well, let's hope I'll improve, bit by bit and step by step, then. It will go slower than last year, but I will improve. I will improve.

Cheerio
    Morty.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got frustrated when I wasn't able to draw muscles, and then this little drawing came up. Oh well.

Cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Referenced:

Argh.. I'm frustrated and inspirationless.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man, you have improved a lot... great work, just buckle down on the anatomy until you can do it without reference
    -jedininjaman

Aila is offline More Imagination than Skill Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work especially on that last page, I like the shading on the female. Also good still life study!

Insanity is the key!
    Also, studies are a key. And passion is a key. Also, so are inspiration, motivation and dedication. Talent can be a key. Insomnia can also be a key, depression is a sad rusty little key. Damn, artists need one hell of a keyring.

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot you both =) I'll see if I can draw something else this week, but I'm not sure if I can do it daily anymore - school's starting again.

Cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These two suck. The lowest one has a head that sucks.

Cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Argh, haven't done anything lately, but I'll do something, at least this week.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

---
    I'm mostly working on writings and homework these days, not on drawings. Both drawings are unreferenced..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

That right guy is fun. Anatomical stupid, but fun. No ref used.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anatomic'ly wrong, but unreferenced.
    Unreferenced, but anatomic'ly wrong.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Is it getting better? Or is it just the same?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today, unreferenced:

Aila is offline More Imagination than Skill Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohh! Landscapes! I missed them Nice, I like the second one best. Must have taken ages to do the field on the first one, or? :o

Insanity is the key!
    Also, studies are a key. And passion is a key. Also, so are inspiration, motivation and dedication. Talent can be a key. Insomnia can also be a key, depression is a sad rusty little key. Damn, artists need one hell of a keyring.

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh, yeah, took some hours, and I don;t really like the result. I drew pretty quickly also, that's why it looks so rough (and dull) now.. But thanks a lotty again, lady! I was actually planning to draw a few dragon sketches, but I don't really know how to yet. I'll see, perhaps?

And here's some crap. Unreferenced, still (Except the last one).

Cheerio

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.