Sketchbook: Morty's Sketchbook, Updates almost never.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Morty's Sketchbook, Updates almost never.

(Edited) Well, Hi there, and I welcome you to my sketchbook! I also welcome you to give constructive criticism, and other comments. Be aware that my age is fourteen, and I'm still a beginner. Also note that if you can't understand what I'm talking about, that is because I'm from the cozy little country named 'the Netherlands.' So who wants to help me improve, I welcome thee. I started drawing 'seriously' almost one year ago. However, I draw stuff as long as I can remember.
    I'll first post some random crap I did long ago [Since this post from february is edited, and it's now the 1st of august, it indeed is long ago.] I must say have already improved a lot in this year, especially the last months/weeks. Still, I need a lot of study on anatomy - So, I am working on it! Now let's get started.

Cheerio!
    Morty.

P.S Please Be aware that the following drawings [under these posts] may contain mature content!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Morthrong Eterech; January 19th, 2008 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Just because! Geesh, there ain't a reason for everything, eh?
    Indeed, I'm the only member who got his avatar from google, and didn't draw it himself. Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthrong Eterech
    The problems of my drawings are that they are too small, and they are made by a webcam...
    You're a webcam?! gj on making a SB. You really need to invest in a scanner (or try the local library/school, which usually allows free access)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville
    You're a webcam?! gj on making a SB. You really need to invest in a scanner (or try the local library/school, which usually allows free access)
    I meant 'with' And that it is the problem of the pictures ^^
    However, my friend has a scanner. I think I'll persuade him to let me use it some times.

Cheerio!

Indeed, I'm the only member who got his avatar from google, and didn't draw it himself. Oh well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My advice would be get some pictures or even better get someone to pose for you and practice on drawing faces. It in my opinion helps to do this step by step, so do a page of noses today, and a page of mouths tomorrow. gl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    My advice would be get some pictures or even better get someone to pose for you and practice on drawing faces. It in my opinion helps to do this step by step, so do a page of noses today, and a page of mouths tomorrow. gl.
    Ahaa.. But is it normal to get someone to pose for you if you're 14?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure, just ask one of your friends, relatives or family members. And they dont nessecarly have to model, they could just be watching tv or reading a book But if none of that works try using personal photo's or from magazines/internet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    Sure, just ask one of your friends, relatives or family members. And they dont nessecarly have to model, they could just be watching tv or reading a book But if none of that works try using personal photo's or from magazines/internet.
    Allrighty then, I'll see.. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm back after a LONG while, and I now have a scanner since a few months. [4? 5?] I'll first show some older stuff, then I give the link to my Deviantart, then I'll show the sketches on anatomy I did the last few weeks. The stuff I have shown earlier is really old, I see now.

Those drawings are pretty old now, also, and I'll show some others later. Then, I'll show the sketches I'm working on now.

Here's the link to my Deviantart: http://olafbrouwer.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Morthrong Eterech; August 1st, 2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Because I felt like I wanted to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've seen and commented on all these already, so I'll just say - it would be a lot easier of you attatched these (go to edit -> go advanced and hit manage attatchments at the bottom) or directly link to the pics. Just makes everything easier.

Ah hell I'll say it again; your progress is really good man. Keep up your practice and you'll be another goog or justin oaksford or jason chan, which is a great artist right out of highschool

EDIT: shit, now they're showing up. I retract my statement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More older drawings:

Some of them are pretty dull, I know.

Edit: Oh, thanks so much, Rhineville ^^ I hope indeed I can get as good as Goog [However, I haven't seen any of his stuff yet. He must be very good, though.]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've said it often but I'll gladly say it again You've really improved a lot over these months! The anatomy studies are really paying off. I also love that landscape picture there.
    Keep up the great work, lots of success and inspiration to you!

Insanity is the key!
    Also, studies are a key. And passion is a key. Also, so are inspiration, motivation and dedication. Talent can be a key. Insomnia can also be a key, depression is a sad rusty little key. Damn, artists need one hell of a keyring.

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    I've said it often but I'll gladly say it again You've really improved a lot over these months! The anatomy studies are really paying off. I also love that landscape picture there.
    Keep up the great work, lots of success and inspiration to you!
    Thanks a lot! The binoculars are crappy, though

Here are the sketches I was working on the last few weeks. Again, I warn that some of the drawings contain nudity and stuff.

The first one was wrong, as you can see:

Some things needed to be edited:

And here are more practice sketches [however, I did many many more, and these are just a few of them. Others can been seen on my Deviantart-site. The link is in a post somewhere above this one]:

This one has too long arms:

This one has a small head:

This one also, but that doesn't really matter:

On this drawing, the girl in the front has a weapon in both her hands, but it's invisible for the viewer:

And, another dull drawing.

That was actually all for today. ^^

Edit:
    Oh, no, wait. Here's another one I forgot to post earlier [don't mind her wrong, round breasts, physics doesn't affect them]:

Oh, and I did not use any reference on any of my drawings.

Last edited by Morthrong Eterech; July 29th, 2007 at 08:35 AM. Reason: I forgot to post another drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can draw figures, but dont know anatomy and proportions. Study it. Read books about it.

sujak nx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by throtailer View Post
    You can draw figures, but dont know anatomy and proportions. Study it. Read books about it.
    I'm working on it, in case you didn't notice.

-----

Is it so hard to draw bad? No, it isn't. Let me show it off here.. [Older stuff+things I did today and yesterdaynight]

Last one really really sucks, but that's because it's pretty old/very old.
    --- And to all the nice guys here, I AM studying anatomy! There are eyes to see with, and if you have them, you can see that I am really trying, practicing, and all that stuff. And if you come here and say: go learn anatomy, retard! In any way, then you are quite useless to me. I need constructive criticism, like everyone does. I'm still learning, you know, let that be clear.

Cheerio!
    Morty.

Last edited by Morthrong Eterech; July 29th, 2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Because the idiot that screwed my day needed a lesson.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthrong Eterech View Post
    --- And to all the nice guys here, I AM studying anatomy! There are eyes to see with, and if you have them, you can see that I am really trying, practicing, and all that stuff. And if you come here and say: go learn anatomy, retard! In any way, then you are quite useless to me. I need constructive criticism, like everyone does. I'm still learning, you know, let that be clear.
    ah don't let comments like the above get you down! Its obvious you are working on it, hell you even said it in your opening post.

Anyway.. the last pic with the female poses made me think of something that you could try out. I thought the one in the middle has a really nice elegant pose. Maybe you can draw a pose like that, but with more flowing lines to increase the effect, if you understand what I mean ^^ I'm not saying theres something wrong with your linework, its just something that occurred to me that would be interesting to try out

Insanity is the key!
    Also, studies are a key. And passion is a key. Also, so are inspiration, motivation and dedication. Talent can be a key. Insomnia can also be a key, depression is a sad rusty little key. Damn, artists need one hell of a keyring.

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah don't let comments like the above get you down! Its obvious you are working on it, hell you even said it in your opening post.

Anyway.. the last pic with the female poses made me think of something that you could try out. I thought the one in the middle has a really nice elegant pose. Maybe you can draw a pose like that, but with more flowing lines to increase the effect, if you understand what I mean ^^ I'm not saying theres something wrong with your linework, its just something that occurred to me that would be interesting to try out
    Yeah, I see what you mean, I'll try However, what's the middle? There are five drawings Ok, ok, you mean the one with the gun in her hand. I'll see what I can do, and I hope it works out well.

Last edited by Morthrong Eterech; July 29th, 2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: It was a typo! Really!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthrong Eterech View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean, I'll try However, what's the middle? There are five drawings Ok, ok, you mean the one with the gun in her hand. I'll see what I can do, and I hope it works out well.
    no I meant the lady in the middle of the poses picture ^_^ who has her arms raised over her head like as if she is dancing

Insanity is the key!

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no I meant the lady in the middle of the poses picture ^_^ who has her arms raised over her head like as if she is dancing
    Argh, I just saw it and tried to edit my post, but you are quick Ok, then.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Another sketchy. However, I didn't have enough energy left to re-draw the 'posing dancer'.

Here are a few old/very old/ancient sketches.. You actually can't critique those, because I have improved much since then. Heh.

Ah well, that was all. I say it again, do not critique the above drawings, because they are from long ago. You can critique the skull, though..

Cheerio
    Morty.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Probably not worth updating..

Yeah, they suck. I must do more anatomy. More and more and more. Sometimes it just all feels useless and hopeless, but well. I must head on the path that I'm following, I guess?

Cheerio!
    Morty.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The stuff I did today and yesterday-night.

First one is unreferenced but very dull. Second one, the same. Third one, the same. Yeah. None of them are finished, but that's what makes them sketches, eh?

Morty's Sketchbook, Updates almost never. Morty's Sketchbook, Updates almost never. Morty's Sketchbook, Updates almost never.

Hm. I'll keep trying.
    Cheerio!
    Morty.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like that last guy, nice armour! I don't think he's dull ^_^ Good work for the fact ist unreferenced, imo!

Insanity is the key!

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work for the fact ist unreferenced, imo!
    Well yeah, you're right about that; few months ago I couldn't do this stuff, methinks. However, sometimes I doubt about those things.. But thanks a lot!

----

Hm, I wish I could upload some more. But I already did that today.. also, I haven't done anything else today.

Cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

That's all. Now I'll be offline for 9 days, because I'm going to Sweden!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Back from Sweden. I only drew really crap things back there.

After looking at this drawing, I saw I don't draw the muscles, but just.. skin.

And this one I had referenced - however, I placed the reference upside down. Then, I started drawing.

Some other dull sketches.

That's all. I must keep working on anatomy, or I'll DIE! (Die!.. die!..)

Cheerio
    Morty.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't die morty

Good to see you still kept your stuff up. I don't know why, but it's damn hard for me to sketch on vacation, or any place I haven't been

Anywyas, really like that expression in the last pic. You know what you have to do for anatomy, just keep doing it! Remember to measure though - for arms, make little circles to measure where the arm would fall if resting alongside the body (with the centre as the shoulder where the arm pivots) see if the elbow falls to the waist (just below ribcage) the wrist fall to the groin and the fingers fall to mid-thigh. If they dont, try to move them to those lengths.

Also, for your big monster-ish type creatures, remember that they have anatomy too. Try plotting out their mass with shapes first, and after their form is worked out, then plop on all the waky armor and spires and spikes etc.

Keep it up mister

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    Don't die morty

Good to see you still kept your stuff up. I don't know why, but it's damn hard for me to sketch on vacation, or any place I haven't been

Anywyas, really like that expression in the last pic. You know what you have to do for anatomy, just keep doing it! Remember to measure though - for arms, make little circles to measure where the arm would fall if resting alongside the body (with the centre as the shoulder where the arm pivots) see if the elbow falls to the waist (just below ribcage) the wrist fall to the groin and the fingers fall to mid-thigh. If they dont, try to move them to those lengths.

Also, for your big monster-ish type creatures, remember that they have anatomy too. Try plotting out their mass with shapes first, and after their form is worked out, then plop on all the waky armor and spires and spikes etc.

Keep it up mister
    Heya, thanks a lot for the tips, Rhino! I'll put everything I can in easier ways to dissolve the mysteries of anatomy these days. For people who visit my Sketchbook it might look boring sometimes, only seeing random human anatomy stuff - but well, it's for the greater good. I will see if I can do something with your tips, and let's hope so.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep pushing the anatomy, there has already been some great improvement in that regards
    ANd the picture that you refferenced uppsidedown, I did that same excercize in school, and the same picture or reference sorce as well

But ya don't give up just keep pushing anatomy and drawing lots and if you get the time it would be cool if you could stop by my SB sometime
    -jedininja

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh, anatomy studies can be frustrating eh? I often wonder why, WHY the human body is so damn complex
    anyway you appear to be doing more than me ^^ I still have to try out that upside down referencing myself. It sounds interesting..

Well, keep it up

Insanity is the key!

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.