Sketchbook: KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys! - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well since my names in the dirt for no reason of my own, its up to me to prove certain people wrong. So a quick update, nothing fancy just a sketch in photoshop. Ill try get more up later, when i have time to scan.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah no not victimizing at all! I just saw the same character in a picture in an exhibit thing from the magazine. Graphic Design + Illustration is cool by the way. TRy experimenting with that when you feel more comfortable.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by KuNiva
    @MarsBlack - Thanks for your take, but i assure you that you are completely wrong in your views. First of all i know that plaigarism is plain wrong and i would never condone such an act. The picture you quoted, i used a reference yeah for the pose but not any of marko's work. With all my poses i work straight from hogarth or loomis. Some things may appear similar, thats just art in general. Im not here to rip people off.

Trust me im not in the business of copying peoples work, im studying games design at university. Not in graphic design as you put it, its just an area that interests me. About the magazine, ive never heard of that particular magazine and a bat was mentioned...its an alien abducting a cow! Im sorry but i feel you are victimising me.
    \

Oh BOY!

So you are saying you came up with this one?

Here is my original sketch dude! Like how blatant can it get from here?

You even went so far as to just trace the background right out of this Daredevil drawing of mine?

Coincidence huh? Dang man, you better think before you claim you're coming up with shit on your own.

Not that I care if you trace my work without learning a single thing, you can continue doing so as long as you please. But for the betterment of you art in general you should not claim ideas as your own, when they're obviously not.

Cheers
    Marko

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Everyone else thanks for the comments....

Quote Originally Posted by KuNiva

@MarsBlack - Thanks for your take, but i assure you that you are completely wrong in your views.

im studying games design at university. Not in graphic design as you put it, Im sorry but i feel you are victimising me.

Everyone else thanks for the comments!
    sadly it seems i wasnt wrong in my views, you are studying games design at university andt not graphic design - which i had read, the comment was reffering to your art style that i noticed from your copied pieces.. that was a complement as to which your welcome..

i am victimising you because i think you shouldnt copy other peoples work without giving credit to the original artist? then dont do it and your not a victim.

my original post wasnt a flame, i had good reason for what i said and it has been shown by Marko Djurdjevic that you did copy his work! (and differnt to the one that i pointed out. it also shows that i said you copied his blade piece and he shows others that you copied, so again i was right in my views)

at CA we are not here to put people down, just give critisism as to peoples art. you have started a sb and have asked for help, and now you bite the hand that feeds you?

if you wish for such artists as Marko Djurdjevic and fellah and all the other really great artists that i am sure you look up at, then take the advice and do somthing with it, rather than deny it and play the victim. we want to see YOUR art and we want to see you grow as an artist! so when critisised take it like an artist or you wont grow!

again i hope to see some of your art soon!

"If the student is tenacious enough, barriers and problems will dessolve; forms hitherto not seen or conceived will move freely and easily within the infinate spatial realm of the picture plane." - Burne Hogarth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay. just to CLEAR THINGS UP.

I was NOT, I repeat NOT-trying to victimize you. I really thought that was a character you made and so I praised you for it because I thought it looked cool. If it was then,awesome, if it wasnt then, okay. Im sorry you took it the wrong way. I wasnt in anyway trying to humiliate,embarrass,etc. Whichever.

In spite of me not noticing it before,but seeing as how the evidence is here. I SUGGEST that you don't continue such practice. For the reasons, that it is doesnt help you in the long run and it doesnt make your slate look all that clean. And if you will copy or use some one else's art in such a way then you should give them proper credit. It's the same as if Marko wrote a poem, and what you did was you took the poem and took the vowels, changed the arrangement of the stanzas. It's very very close to plaigarism and Im telling you its not good for your practice either cause copying someone else's artwork is,well, copying. Copying is completely different from mastering and mastery is something you gotta learn if you ever wanna hit the pros. Listen to MarsBlack, hes right.

Keep updating. We're here to help,but you gotta help yourself and the only way you can help yourself is by learning how to draw without copying other poses made by other artists without crediting them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.