Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Thanks

KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

I gave two new years resolutions to myself, first one basically is that i stop f**ing around with my art and actually learn something.
    So i bought myself a Hogarth anatomy book to back up Loomis.
    Secondly, start up a new sketchbook and keep it going. Gonna be hard
    but i relish the challenge.

Lots of people have been at me to get this up, so ill stop typing and get the show on the road...oh, and sorry about the scans.

Random faces from refs and a Hogarth study.
    KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys! KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!
    Last edited by KuNiva; February 11th, 2007 at 07:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    More random heads, this time from imagination. Im intending to do the egg snatcher in photoshop when work stuff dies down a little.

Thanks
    A Bee for a game project im working on, aside from uni stuff. Plus a random doodle on card
    KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys! KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Thanks
    Some head profiles for a group game project at uni, 5mins each and a random doodle of a guy with two faces.
    KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Thanks
    Another sketch for a private game project.

Plus a creature with sucky lighting, more of a wip than finished piece.

Crits are very welcome, im here to learn after all! Thanks for looking.

Thanks
    Alrite Pal. Finally you have got round to creating your own SB . Even more ULCAN peeps now!

First crit.......you are probally sick of me saying it by now but study how light reacts when it hits different objects. I feel once you nail that your work as a whole will improve dramatically. Your studies of the human head are improving all the time but seems your confindence in light sources really lets down the overall quailty of your latest peices.

I would say the buzz sentence but you have been hovering around CA for much longer than myself. So it would be a bit wierd if I welcomed you.

What do you reckon of having each others SB urls on our SB links?
    C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Thanks
    good to see you're getting serious with art!

ok, first of all, hogart is all about volumes, muscle and power.Its not 100% accurate anatomy, but it will help you recognize the individual muscle masses.
    For this stage, i sugest to forget about detail, and just work on shapes.Visualize the whole body in you mind first, rotate it, zoom every piece as if it was in 3d in your head.Anatomy studies are almost useless, especcially with hogart stuff, if you forget value.
    Even when you work on heads, profiles, anything, always work in 3d in your mind, and print it on paper with your hand, and try and always give a hint of value.Imho hogart isn't the best for beginners, loomis would be best to really nail down the basics.Just my 2 cents, its up to you to choose a way to study...but the most important thing is that you don't give up, and that you don't slow down a second...

keep sharing, i'll be back to check if you're doing your homework

ciao

Thanks
    Nice stuff, clean lines. Really like that double-faced guy!

Thanks
    One more update before sleep! Some studies as advised, enjoyed doing them aswell. So...anyway here goes.

@AK86-Thanks Andy, and you know i agree with that. I'll have to get working on that hehe.
    @Gnoll- Thanks man, I guess studying both cant do me too much harm. I totally agree though about nailing the basics.
    Im crap at lots of things, so much to learn. Thanks for stopping by also.
    @Zombie_dla- Thanks, glad you like it! Some nice studies in your sketchbook by the way.

Thanks
    hey man nice work. Your style really shines when you do more fantastical, hyper real content. From what i can see you suffer from the same affliction as i do which is concentrating on the head rather than the body or posture. I know for a fact that my work personally has suffered due to this lack of range and am taking steps as we speak to rectifying this; as you seem to be.

Thanks
    Some studies from tonight, all from Hogarth using a prismacolor pencil. Plus a random doodle of a werewolf. Give me some crits, i really need the help.

@Diagoro- Thanks for the comments! Yeah, ive always seemed to just concentrate on the head. Which is a really bad thing as my work can have a half decent face with everything else looking crap. Loads more to learn thats for sure. Anyway cheers for stopping by, i'll pop by yours when ive a moment free.

Thanks
    I decided to put some colour on this one, give me some feedback! Still a wip, bout an hour and a half in photoshop CS2. I took inspiration from a dinosaur that used to go around feasting on other dinosaurs eggs whilst parents were away from their nests.

Thanks
    Nice colours (reb n green lol) but the painting seems very flat. That might be what your are wanting but personally I would try and give the design more shape by using highlights and shadows.

Good effort and dont quit man!!!!!
    C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast