Sketchbook: KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

I gave two new years resolutions to myself, first one basically is that i stop f**ing around with my art and actually learn something.
    So i bought myself a Hogarth anatomy book to back up Loomis.
    Secondly, start up a new sketchbook and keep it going. Gonna be hard
    but i relish the challenge.

Lots of people have been at me to get this up, so ill stop typing and get the show on the road...oh, and sorry about the scans.

Random faces from refs and a Hogarth study.
    KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys! KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KuNiva; February 11th, 2007 at 07:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More random heads, this time from imagination. Im intending to do the egg snatcher in photoshop when work stuff dies down a little.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A Bee for a game project im working on, aside from uni stuff. Plus a random doodle on card
    KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys! KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some head profiles for a group game project at uni, 5mins each and a random doodle of a guy with two faces.
    KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another sketch for a private game project.

Plus a creature with sucky lighting, more of a wip than finished piece.

Crits are very welcome, im here to learn after all! Thanks for looking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alrite Pal. Finally you have got round to creating your own SB . Even more ULCAN peeps now!

First crit.......you are probally sick of me saying it by now but study how light reacts when it hits different objects. I feel once you nail that your work as a whole will improve dramatically. Your studies of the human head are improving all the time but seems your confindence in light sources really lets down the overall quailty of your latest peices.

I would say the buzz sentence but you have been hovering around CA for much longer than myself. So it would be a bit wierd if I welcomed you.

What do you reckon of having each others SB urls on our SB links?

C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good to see you're getting serious with art!

ok, first of all, hogart is all about volumes, muscle and power.Its not 100% accurate anatomy, but it will help you recognize the individual muscle masses.
    For this stage, i sugest to forget about detail, and just work on shapes.Visualize the whole body in you mind first, rotate it, zoom every piece as if it was in 3d in your head.Anatomy studies are almost useless, especcially with hogart stuff, if you forget value.
    Even when you work on heads, profiles, anything, always work in 3d in your mind, and print it on paper with your hand, and try and always give a hint of value.Imho hogart isn't the best for beginners, loomis would be best to really nail down the basics.Just my 2 cents, its up to you to choose a way to study...but the most important thing is that you don't give up, and that you don't slow down a second...

keep sharing, i'll be back to check if you're doing your homework

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff, clean lines. Really like that double-faced guy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One more update before sleep! Some studies as advised, enjoyed doing them aswell. So...anyway here goes.

@AK86-Thanks Andy, and you know i agree with that. I'll have to get working on that hehe.
    @Gnoll- Thanks man, I guess studying both cant do me too much harm. I totally agree though about nailing the basics.
    Im crap at lots of things, so much to learn. Thanks for stopping by also.
    @Zombie_dla- Thanks, glad you like it! Some nice studies in your sketchbook by the way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man nice work. Your style really shines when you do more fantastical, hyper real content. From what i can see you suffer from the same affliction as i do which is concentrating on the head rather than the body or posture. I know for a fact that my work personally has suffered due to this lack of range and am taking steps as we speak to rectifying this; as you seem to be.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some studies from tonight, all from Hogarth using a prismacolor pencil. Plus a random doodle of a werewolf. Give me some crits, i really need the help.

@Diagoro- Thanks for the comments! Yeah, ive always seemed to just concentrate on the head. Which is a really bad thing as my work can have a half decent face with everything else looking crap. Loads more to learn thats for sure. Anyway cheers for stopping by, i'll pop by yours when ive a moment free.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I decided to put some colour on this one, give me some feedback! Still a wip, bout an hour and a half in photoshop CS2. I took inspiration from a dinosaur that used to go around feasting on other dinosaurs eggs whilst parents were away from their nests.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice colours (reb n green lol) but the painting seems very flat. That might be what your are wanting but personally I would try and give the design more shape by using highlights and shadows.

Good effort and dont quit man!!!!!

C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not bad... personally i think dont think the shade of red and green u used works with each other but the pic itsself is nice and yea it does seem a bit flat.. but i kinda like that with the pic gives it style heh ..

oh and i think u should of painted http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/...cebreather.jpg if you was gonna do any others that is ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @AK86- Yeah, i have a problem defining forms with colour...form in general is hard as hell for me at the mo. More practice is in order i think. Thanks and cheers for the support.

@Razorb- Thanks for stopping by! The red was just a background colour that i used to paint on top of, but i see why you thought that it was part of the overall image. Im glad you like the style, but i was just experimenting with my technique. It failed miserably really for what i set out to achieve. Oh well...better luck next time i guess.

A Bee concept from an on-going game idea i have. Thats all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, Welcome to CA. Studies are looking great. Seems like you spend more time on your studies than you do on your original pieces. In your studies you use smooth lines and in some of your own pics, you seem to have a sketchyness. Try using more confident strokes when doing those originals. Great work so far. Keep it up.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good studies...make sure you try and keep proportions in mind too...and proportion studies must be accurate to be or any use imho...but all this does take time, so there is no need to be in a rush...just keep at it, and improvement will come when you least expect in...maybe you won't even realize

again, do-not-slow-down.

keep sharing
    ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Envisor- Thank you, i'll bare that in mind for future pieces. More studies soon.
    @TheGnoll- Thanks man! I'll definitely keep at it and ive no intentions of slowing down. the only thing that might slightly is uni work, but i guess i can always find time to do studies hehe.

Something even more graphical tonight, a background for a game pitch idea to be sent to a mobile games company. This is what i do by day, if you haven't already guessed. I do games design like the rest of the Preston-ites on here. I know its not really concept art, but i thought...hey, why not post it!

The game is a rythem action game for a mobile phone and is heavily based around music. Anyway, i'll stop talking now...here it is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like those studies of heads(eyes&nose&muscles).keep working.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Slowish day, but enough time to get some personnal stuff in.
    @JoeEffect- Thanks!

A random woman sketch, im gonna paint this when i get a spare moment.

Some more head studies.

and just playing around in photoshop. About an hour in CS2.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ive been busy the last few days, thus found it hard to update. But im back!...so heres some more. Im guessing that no one likes graphic design stuff, so ill post no more of that shit.

A Parrot to go with the Bee concept and a random doodle.

Doodles.

meh.

And some practice...As you can tell i need it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A quick update before sleep.

A monkey who is depressed due to his life being the same boring routine. The arms are awful, got lazy.

And a quick pose that turned out ok imo, i dont like the face though.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, your creatures and little animal concept stuff is really cool, keep at the studies man your work is looking real nice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your vector characters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @drunknmunky - Thanks mate, i appreciate it. Im glad you stopped by.

@designboot - Glad you like them, ill do some more just for you hehe. Also...thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/KuNiva01/mooweb.jpg

is that thing with the bat your character? I saw it in an ad in juxtapoz, the one with phil frost on the cover. If it is, i love what you did with the spray paint cans hehehe. Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some funky stuff here!
    Nice studies. Clean style and smooth lines....maybe you could consider adding some details?
    Seems like you are good grafitti artist! ^^

Keep up!

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HEY!
    great updates recently, you're doing great...shapes have aquired finally a sense of 3d shapes, and thats great.All you gotta do now is just have fun with studies, keep working on them.Improvement only comes with constant exercise...once you feel confident enought start adding value...reference can help, study the way light and shadows work...

keep up the good work

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

replicas a plenty!

hello there kuNiva

noticed your sb and thought i would comment for once.. however i dont think i am going to be as nice as everyone ealse here.

i belive in a previouse post some one noticed that your work was in juxtapoz, well done if it was (however very unlikely due to the fact your at uni in? preston? and to the fact that you didnt mention it in any form or post any work from said magizine) so rather than a random doodle/picture you copied it.. any chance when you copy stuff you mention its a copy? or that you used refferances? for instance the hogarth, you mentioned hogarth so that is good! also i think the longer you draw and copy the better you will get.. at copying anyways. and you will notice that your eye will adjust and you will start getting the lines right and anatamy will come with it too, good luck with that.

as for the quick pose, in comparison to your other works is really good! however i am assuming you did use reffernce...

lets take a look!

we start with yours.. ____________________________and then we look at Marko Djurdjevic's piece of blade
    KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!KuNiva's Sketchbook 2007 edition - 11th February - Come on, help me out guys!

now if you didnt copy and i happend to of made a mistake then i am sorry for that, however i think that it is unlikely as you have copied the lines in the left leg and copied the foot (little wonkey) of the right.. and you even drew the little lip of the sleeve on his right shoulder and even down to the markings on the shoes... so if this is coincidence then my what a coincidence it is!

the point i am making is, you seem to copy alot- and i remembered the day when this site was called conceptart.org, were people would come and show THERE concepts off to everyone ealse. now i can understand the hogarth as you are studying it, however when copying other things to the point were people mistake it as another persons work or is seen to be copied of another persons work then you should say you copied it, used it as referance and give some credit towards the original artist. at the minute in this sketchbook i dont know how many works are that of your own thinking or that you have copied and that we have not picked up upon it.

I hope for your sake that you dont do this with your work at uni, because if you do and one person notices it you could be done for plagiarism if they show your work and the work you copied from. now in art you might be able to worm your way out... but dont be an artist or should i say in your case a graphic designer? and expect to grow in the right areas.. for instance imagination... unless you want to be one of those people that makes replicas..

however i would like to see some of your own work in the future...

"If the student is tenacious enough, barriers and problems will dessolve; forms hitherto not seen or conceived will move freely and easily within the infinate spatial realm of the picture plane." - Burne Hogarth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @MarsBlack - Thanks for your take, but i assure you that you are completely wrong in your views. First of all i know that plaigarism is plain wrong and i would never condone such an act. The picture you quoted, i used a reference yeah for the pose but not any of marko's work. With all my poses i work straight from hogarth or loomis. Some things may appear similar, thats just art in general. Im not here to rip people off.

Trust me im not in the business of copying peoples work, im studying games design at university. Not in graphic design as you put it, its just an area that interests me. About the magazine, ive never heard of that particular magazine and a bat was mentioned...its an alien abducting a cow! Im sorry but i feel you are victimising me.

Everyone else thanks for the comments!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.