zombies. tunnels. crit me.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

zombies. tunnels. crit me.

hello all. here is a piece i just finished....i know it still needs more, so please have at it. give me some solid crits if you would like, but no pampering please. i need to grow.

thanks for your time and imput in advance.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The background zombies in the center look pretty good, but as you move into the foreground they fall apart. Almost all the figures look like flat cutouts. Rather than having a clear separation between the light and shadow areas, they are predominantly dark with skatered highlights along the edges of the forms.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm actually feeling like there's too much uniformity with the figures, like they all came out of the same Easy-Bake Zombie Oven™. Some color variation would help all of them, but especially the ones most in the light (that would help shove the others farther back, increasing depth).

Also, the tunnel is sharper and more in focus at the far end than the near. The haze effect is all right up close, but it breaks down when stuff is more clear in the distance.

And despite their obviously fantastic nature, I would still prefer some more attention to proper anatomy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    agree with all above.
    i think you need to choose which light source should be stronger, and go with it.
    the perspective is really off too, especially if it's actually supposed to be from a worms eye ( from the look of the background, ur horizon line is really low ), then that means the angle that ur looking at the zombies should be more extreme.
    the water doesn't sit too well for me, and it doesn't look like that guy is standing in it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think they look like zombies. They look like green sewage monsters covered in moss. Good sewage monsters though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you to elwell, dogfood, afterthought, and styler for your time and crits. awesome feedback and i hope to start reworking this soon touching on these crits. anymore feedback from anyone else is most appreciated. thanks ca user.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The number at the top is out of perspective as well.

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.