Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Junkyard :Warning...Stinky Material!!!

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey hows everyone doing? Happy Easter to all you guys out there who celebrate it...or not. So couple updates here, first is a robot I did for a school assignment. you might have noticed this was a sketch on another page awhile.
    Attachment 330893

Okay that now brings me to idw65. You know...I gotta say my linework digitally has stunk awhile now. I'm studying to clean it up and make it nicer. I think I got really good results by exactly doing just that in this. That and I officially loooove painter now. The oil impasto brushes are so freaking awesome!!! Anyway this is going to be the way I'm going to approach more of my pieces now. I'm pretty excited actually. Oh hey, I need to hit the anatomy again...hehe..........I know I keep freaking saying that...I sound like a answering machine sometimes :d
    Attachment 330895
    Attachment 330896
    Last edited by Trashy; March 23rd, 2008 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks
    my gosh ive always loved that look using the square shaped brushes yet I dont know why...something about it is very pleasing and keeps your eye moving?

The twisted face painting is looking interesting, though I enjoyed some of the more simple elements in this one more http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1205903692
    the hard line seperating the 2 background textures feels better compositionally to me flipped with him on the right as well. Maybe pop out a focal point even more.

The figures marked 'longer studies' in post #99 are ok, but I feel that they majorly lack the construction stages which is causing proportional problems. you may have been focusing simply on the poses but try and get everything else attention as well. laters!

Thanks
    LOVE the flower pots mate!
    Hugs

~Em
    ----------------

Beware, it's a crappy Sketchbook.

"We are all heroes! You and me and Boo..."

Thanks
    wahoooo....finally back here again. I got a couple more weeks left and a other semester of college is in the books. I'm honestly getting tired of this semester so it's good thats it's almost over. Good news is itleast I got a sketchgroup finally started at my campus. We are starting to meet every Friday so it's pretty cool.

anyway...I missed this place!

Jakers Man I fall for those square brushes constantly.

It's always interesting flipping the pieces horizontally...it's crazy how much it changes sometimes. You know after looking at the piece more the noise bothers me also. It does need something more to it.

I hear you on those 99 studies...their pretty much lifeless in all respects. It was more or less a study in lines. I really did skimp out on the construction bits. I think I really have been going after anatomy the wrong way.......gah...over complicating sh#t.

Dandilion Thanks

Alright, some quick little studies of guns after watching El Coro's dvd on gun concepting. Freaking amazing Video. Coro...you the man!

Hahaha...I should study guns more. Some of these...just...technically wouldn't work
    Attachment 352530

That brings me to a graffiti piece I worked with a good friend at college. Not quite done yet...still need to fade out those lines alittle. Honestly I'm getting pretty inspired by graffiti work lately. Stuff is amazing and I picked up a book called "graffiti World". Highly recommend this book to anyone.
    Attachment 352534
    Attachment 352535

Last but not least is a "Center for the arts" Poster I did at Pima West college.
    It's for the play "1000 Cranes". It's part of a competition I was in last year too. Don't know if this is the one that will be used but it was pretty fun working on it. Waaaaaay totally different my other works. Got to experiment tons with this one and different styles.
    Attachment 352538
    Attachment 352539
    Attachment 352540

Thanks
    Really nice colours going on there Trashy

Glad to see you did some anatomy studies, that's the only thing that's been kinda lacking sometimes.

But most of what you do really rocks. Just wanted to have a look, keep going! And I'll note some of that colour use behind my ear, so it was useful to look too
    "The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    I like the colours in your paintings and the monster dude thing. Keep them coming!

Also, keep those anatomy coming and loosen up those lines. Feel the shape of the figure, do more individual and specific studies and you are sure to improve more. Count me subscribed.

Thanks
    Alright finally got stuff out of the way. I'm going to start updating here every Saturday. I just got done getting some good books on anatomy and perspective...can't believe it but I didn't have any of those kinds of books. Dunno...I'm actually learning that having the materials right in my hands is far better then reading stuff on the computer screen it seems. Anyway..."Strength Training Anatomy"...oh my god that book is amazing!!! Can't wait to stuff diving into this.

I think in terms of anatomy I just need to hit it harder. I'm going to do a study every night before I go sleep. I've been far too sporadic. I need to do this routinely and stay on top of it with all my other works. I'm starting this tonight!

@Sorknes- Hi there

Those anatomy are certainly lacking sometimes...if not often. Haha...man I get too caught up with other things. I'm going to be getting rid of that habit this summer. Thank you for coming by.

@xinleh- Thanks man for the comments. I hear you on those lines. Gotta feel the shape and force of the figure.

Alright some posting here.

Pen and ink pieces. I was messing with some thumbnails and made a more finished piece off of them. I love my microns

Attachment 381349
    Attachment 381350
    Attachment 381351
    Attachment 381352

Yay for randomness! Just doodling in painter and ps and these two guys popped out of nowhere.

Attachment 381353
    Attachment 381355

This was part of a school project and contest at my college. It was for a bicycling event held every year in Tucson. Dunno if a winner has been announced. Pretty fun working on this though. Gah...I did that one thigh too big though...eek. Think the child actually came out alright.

Attachment 381356
    Attachment 381357

Piece for the stylized animal challenge this month.

Attachment 381358
    Attachment 381359
    Attachment 381360

Last but not least some down to basics. Waaaay more of these to come and cones and cubes. I feel good though...resisted the temptation on the elliptical marquee tool this time. Still one side slightly off. I will master the circle!!!!

Attachment 381361

Thanks
    wow great updating mate, like it all keep posting up yo...

Thanks
    Your "junk" is coming along pretty well men , keep practicing , don't let down ... this is my fav ---

Thanks
    @GRMC -Will do man! Thanks for stopping by
    @flamable-I'll never let down...never give up...never surrender!!!
    ...hehe..I think I went overboard there lol. Thanks for coming by my corner. Glad you like the plant. I'll keep pushing onward.

Okey dokey...updates for this Saturday.

good ol' basics again.
    Attachment 386487

Hogarth studies from drawing dynamic hands.
    -Just took some notes also. Couple I went too fast into. I need to lay down more guidelines as well when working on the alignment of the joints and fingers. I'm gonna hit this book pretty hard Sunday and Monday.
    Attachment 386489

Thanks
    Hey man! Thanks for dropping by. I thought I'd have a look at your thread, and I'm really glad I did. I gotta say, I am FEELING you hatching with the pen and ink. I love that. It's my favorite way to use an pen.
    Also, your bicycle and asian cloudy lady posters are wicked rad. I really love that sort of uh... loose, almost impressionistic brush play you've got going there. Super color selection, too.
    And yeah, keep rocking the Hogarth books. He's a genius.
    All in all, you've made a subscriber out of me! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Garbage drop-off planet, remember? You have a lot going for you, Trashy - a funky style and one of the best avatars on the site.

Keep doing you
    Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast