Soul on fire

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Soul on fire

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Soul on fire

Something I've been piddling with lately, really wanted some input before I get much further. I haven't pulled too much of the highlights out in the clothing yet, but aiming for more of that rich orange light.

Have at it, I'm working on one layer in painter 6, so lots of room to change anything at this point.

Dead dog for sale - Skulldog Studio - Sketch Journal
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there, keep an out out for the anatomy. put yourself in the same position he is in and try an look that direction, the posture looks a little out of whack. and the face looks like it might need some tweaking, I know it's in beginning stages so I am sure you have already seen these things. check out some or loomis' anatomy. I think it will help. it's a great start! keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it would help if you before you begin painting in colors and stuff decided on your lightsource(s) and did a blocking in where light would hit and where the shadows would fall. Right now it feels a little inconsistent in lighting. Also, try not to use too soft a brush all over, you want some contrast between soft and hard brushstrokes or it will just look like blobs . Also, watch out with the saturation and value of the colors, right now there is a lot of saturated dark blues, which makes the painting hard to read. I hope I helped some!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally it was based on a nude study I did about a year ago, and being a twiggy female, trying to strike that pose didn't do me much good. I did tweak up the neck and jawline, along with the right arm.

Let's see how this is going so far, thanks for the advice there guys so far.

Dead dog for sale - Skulldog Studio - Sketch Journal

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.