Pair of good and evil

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pair of good and evil

I just finnished an illustration for school and would like to get some coments/suggestions. the assignment was to illustrate a pair of something and to show either good and evil or life and death. i am not to sure on the border/background so i may go and change that. you can see a progression of the piece in my sketchbook.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blog: My Blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looks nice but its hard to make out the subject of the painting by just looking at it maybe , teh part of good(the left I think is looking good) but try to amek teh other side a bit more darker put more contrast and maybe the light source can be red . But I think putting more contrast wiil do you good.
    There are really other problems with the pic. good going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The red light glowing from the evil side doesn't look like light becasue in some places it's actually darkening the skin instead of lighting it up - which, in fact, most lights do. The light side statuette is also hard to make out - difficult to distinguish it and see what it is. It's the focal point here, so make sure it doesn't bother the reader to look at it

hope that helps.

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My biggest issue is the red and blue are really fighting for dominance in the picture. One needs to be intensified and the other dulled a bit.

While you got some nice blue and purple hues in the skin tones, the blue clothing is much flatter, and lacks any sort of orange shades to off set that blue.

It feels like it just needs that last push to get to the final stage, but does have a lot of nice values going on.

Dead dog for sale - Skulldog Studio - Sketch Journal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank everyone for the comments, they helped me a lot. i tried to adress all of your comments.

bhanu- your right the right side need/s to be tighted up some more, though it still needs some more work. I also upped the contrast a bit on the right side.

Brendan N- your right about the light. when i was working on the piece the right side was to light so i made the shadows darker and also without noticing lowered the intensity of the light.

Skulldog- As soon as read what you wrote I thought "crap." When i paint traditionally i always make sure to add compliments so the colors arent to intense and i forgot to here.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blog: My Blog

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.