Isaiha┤s vision
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Isaiha┤s vision

hi guys herre┤s my newest pic. it shows Isaiha, as god opens his eyes.
    critics welcome.

If your Religion doesn't change your life, you better change your Religion...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He looks rather souless with that facial expression. His finger joints look like they're messed up, as if they're broken. His index finger is way too long, and the fingernail portion of that finger is bent a little too far to his right (long as well).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I cant read the text very well. The question to ask yourself is....will someone who knows this story, your audience, recognize what you are communicating?

Jess

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes his facial expression... thats a hard area for me cause the face is so complicated. yes the hand isn┤t right too i think. i wanted the text to get into the image and dont to stay out too much. thats why it could have not enough contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yumiko
    I cant read the text very well. The question to ask yourself is....will someone who knows this story, your audience, recognize what you are communicating?

Jess
    yes thats a god question. i think i didn┤t want to comuncate to people with this art. i was only faszinated of the verse in the bible, wich has been shosen for 2007 in germany. it┤s a so great message behind that verse... .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all, I think you should fix your first post so that your image shows as a thumbnail at the critique center. I think more people would come here and give you feedback if you did that.

I think you should not double the words. To me, that is what makes it hard to read. Have either the white words, or the colored ones - but not both. It would be easy to read that way. It would be nice to see a little texture in the fabric as well.

I like how your recent works has been sort of monochromatic. Maybe that is the wrong word (you use mostly 1 color with shadow and light).

I like the work - because I like most things that have to do with the Bible. I think people should do such things more often.

What do you mean when you say Germany has chosen this verse for 2007?

"I HEAR THUNDER IN THE DESERT."
    www.leadethme.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the monochromatic look as well but more from a technical standpoint...it's easier to push your lights and darks to their highest contrast if you're only working with one colur...once you get into multiple colours...theres a whole specturm of issues to think about.

I did a quick paintover to show you wht I mean by light>dark. the gradient of values from light to dark are what pushes the form back and forth in space. I should mention that I like your pencil work, very solid! but now that you're into colour...you should use the pencil only as a guide line...ultimately aiming to lose that line.

Your fingers did look very odd...try and take that pose with iyr hand. I moved them around a little bit to make it feel more natural.

HJopefully some of this helps.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ greg: hi greg. can you tell me how to fix my first post? yes i insrt the same sentece once again. i maked them more transparent. by this way i wanted to give se letters more dynamic, but yes, it´s hard to read... .

the verse for 2007 is chosen by a draw of a christian organisation: http://www.oeab.de/ . do you have´t the same in ths usa?

@Ian Mack:yes i konw what you mean. thank you for your paint over.
    i tried not to make Isaiha too kontrastly^^, cause i wanted to have the focus on the verse. i did not want to make him stand too much out of the background... . but thank you for commenting this.

i wanted this time to try that the pencil lines work for shadow and give the hole work historical structure.

thanks for all comments!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.