Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Andres' SB - June 1

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks

Life drawings updates... finally

And also, finally understand how to work with attachments and text in these posts

Now that the semester is almost over, I got a chance to take pictures from my life drawing class artwork. I will continue to do this throughout the summer and next fall, so feel free to give critique on what aspects should I focus more on and to improve. So far I notice that I tend to make hands and feet small in relation to the rest of the body and I used to draw small figures, until my instructor encourage me to work on bigger size paper, so I switch from a 18 x 24 newsprint to 24 x 35 paper, which help me to learn to be a little bit faster. Also, I still need to improve on planning my page and composition as well when drawing. Other than that, I ll appreciate all the critique you guys can give me.

Most of these were 10-20 minute poses per figure.

Attachment 132802Attachment 132803
    Attachment 132804
    Attachment 132805
    Attachment 132806Attachment 132810
    Attachment 132811
    Attachment 132812
    Attachment 132813
    Attachment 132814
    Attachment 132815

These were the ones I did on the last week. The first, was in a 40 min period, 20 minutes per pose. The others were 2 and 3 hours respectively.
    Attachment 132807
    Attachment 132808
    Attachment 132809
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You got some really great stuff in here man- I love that one of the two guys fighting,the one with the wings- sweet man!
    great studies too!
    Keep at it man!!

-JL
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks

Oil Paintings!

JLAlfaro Thanks man for stopping by and for your comments. I will try to upload more frequently from now on.

Well it's been a while, with summer and all, I took this oil painting class for the last month. It only lasted for 4 weeks only, but we meet 4 hours per day during weekdays. I did spent more time than that. It was fun learning a new medium and specially some color mixing and matching for the paintings, also by the fact of learning a traditional way of painting than the digital.

Here are the results in 4 weeks of oil painting:
    Attachment 150639

My first oil painting:
    Attachment 150642

Master studies from (left to right): Rafael, El Greco, Cezanne, Caravaggio
    Attachment 150641

Still life painting:
    Attachment 150643

Final painting, apples:
    Attachment 150640

For the moment, I don't plan to continue doing oil painting because of how expensive and messy it is, so I'll continue to focus on the digital although this experience provide me a good insight into painting. Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    That´s your first oil painting? leave something for the rest of us!
    Lots of talent here!

Thanks
    lennon Thanks for the kudos man, if you haven't try it yet, give it a shot at using oils, it is a very fun medium!

So here is a worthless update for today, I am trying to get back in shape since I have been slacking way too long this summer. I am attending these local life drawings session on wednesdays, so here is the result so far from those. Each one was in a 20 min time frame.

Lastly, some small sketches I did using the graffiti application in the Facebook (a social community site similar to MySpace.) For those not familiar with this application, it has very simple options, just a brush tool with opacity and size settings, with a web color palette. Basically that's it, very simple, and is vector based since it's basically an application made in Flash. Anyways, just wanted to share.

I will upload some more serious stuff in the following days.

Thanks
    Hi all, just been drawing from pictures these days just to keep the drawing routine going on.
    The eye was draw using this reference pic
    The dogs studies were done from pictures I took of a friend's dogs. I liked those Siberian huskies

P.D: I tweak around a little bit the levels in Photoshop since the scans were appearing way too light.

Thanks
    Some doodles from yesterday...Enjoy

Thanks
    Nice sketchbook. Your paintings are very good. It's nice to see your new environmental drawings. It shows you have diversity in skill =)
    Everyone's creative acts, whatever they may be, make constructive form out of the apparent formlessness of our lives ~ Rollo May

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97920

Thanks
    Great varied sketchbook. I like for the dog drawings that you took your own reference photos instead of getting them from an outside source. And it shows in the drawings. They look pretty damn realistic and the value contrast is great. Try to apply that to all your drawing. State those main shadow masses strongly

Thanks
    Shobunkin Thanks man!
    ArtznCraphs Thanks man for the suggestions. I took those pictures sometime ago but I just got to work from them recently. It really helps a lot knowing what you are drawing since you have a better undestanding. Thanks for stopping by!

An small drawing I did for a friend of mine based on a picture. Is kinda like a "photomanipulation" type of thing since based on the original picture I dressed them with the clothes of Zelda and Link, which was quite challenging but entertaining as well I have to change the girl's hand too since it was on another position. I have a hard time with the faces, since it was a last minute decision when I realize that they weren't looking that much like them and decide to spend the extra time to rework them. I don't think I got the guy's face right, and I did re do it a couple of times seems it seems smaller than the girl's face. Anyways, this reminds me I need to work more on portraiture. Any C&C about are welcome!

Thanks
    Lately just being learning the basics for drawing faces since before I never took the guideline approach for faces. Some of these are drawn from references while others are not, probably you can tell which

Also some small 3 point perspective since I never down that before, fun fun fun!

Thanks
    BEAUTIFUL dogs. Well done. I'll definately be checking in on this one.

Thanks for commenting in my thread.

Thanks
    Ex Nihilo Thanks man!

So i been learning the basics for drawing faces using guidelines. This time I was practicing with profile views.

Also, I did a portrait of a friend from a picture in order to get back in practice in Photoshop. I rarely paint directly with color, so this was a good exercise of that and I have to be honest, whenever I was lost I use the eyedropper tool just to see what color it was in the picture but I did not use straight colors from the original picture. This was enjoyable because the main intent of this was to make fun of my friend by creating a version with huge ears . I am not posting that version though, as Dave Naville says in his painting flesh DVD: "To protect the innocent, it's only fair".

Any C&C on the portrait is highly welcome. Time to practice, practice, practice!
    Last edited by Maestro Andres; July 8th, 2007 at 06:44 PM.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast