Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Andres' SB - June 1

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks

Maestro Andres' SB - June 1

Hi all,
    I have been enjoying navigating all these forums and watching so many talent growing. After seeing so much, I finally dedicate some time to start my own.

To start off, during the beginning of last year, I switch majors to Computer Graphics Technology (CGT). Theoretically, I am more of an animation oriented person, but I take drawing classes here on the side, since I have been drawing almost all my life so far. Currently, I am taking my first figure drawing class yey. Also, I read art books once in a while, I can list some of them if anyone is interested.

So here, I will be posting posting mostly stuff I had done in the past year and I will be posting more in the upcoming weeks. Most of the time I draw from reference pictures just for the practice. So feel free to comment, critique, trash me, etc etc, any feedback is helpful.
    Last edited by Maestro Andres; June 1st, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    So here, I am posting mostly stuff I had done in the past year and I will be posting more in the upcoming weeks. Most of the time I draw from reference pictures just for the practice. So feel free to comment, critique, trash me, etc etc, any feedback is helpful.

Attachment 355414Attachment 355415
    Attachment 355416Attachment 355417
    Attachment 355418Attachment 355419
    Attachment 355420Attachment 355421
    Attachment 355422Attachment 355423
    Attachment 355424Attachment 355425
    Attachment 355426Attachment 355427

Also, here are some charcoal drawings. Except for the first, the others were done in front in a mirror, including the one with the hand on the neck . Sometimes I add extra stuff, like the devil girl or the nuke explosion.

Attachment 83620Attachment 83621
    Attachment 83622
    Last edited by Maestro Andres; April 25th, 2008 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks
    Man, I still think the one with the wings it's my favorite. That's some way to go!

Thanks

Digital Paintings

Lenon- Thanks man, glad you like it. I'll need to add some background once I get back to it.

I am kinda new in the digital painting world, especially with color, so critique on this will be greatly helpful.
    The first three were done with a Wacom Tablet, while the last three were done with a mouse. It's funny how the dark is greatly screwed in the first picture, it doesn't look that bad in my laptop or on the PC's on campus, don't really know why. I didn't draw Homer, but I drew myself and some friends on it
    Last edited by Maestro Andres; January 27th, 2007 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 753 Posts
    Nice sketches. The second drawing with chairs looks really interesting.
    I would recommend doing more life drawings. It would improve your seeing form and composition skills.

Thanks
    Farvus- Thanks man. Those chairs were actually hanging from the ceiling, kinda like those weird still life drawings assignments.

During last semester, I was involved in this educational videogame project that is being developed at my college. I did basic concept art, which was only sketches no rendering or painting whatsoever. I know the last environment looks bad, it was suppose to be an axometric view but I did screw up big time with perspective..

Thanks
    Here I add some concept sketches, I am doing for some projects. The environments are for the Chem Game I mentioned early. I know I should be working on more general sketches, but it is just fun. Currently I am painting the hangar environment, so you will see that sometime soon for critique.

Thanks
    Nice start, some of the wrinkles in the hand up top are unreal. Keep it up.

Thanks
    i like the first ones(hands,portraits,figures) and the simpson,s cartoon.keep posting.

Thanks
    Hola Armaldon,

I like the one with the winged guy battling it out. Very cool. Horned skull is pretty funky too!

Best wishes,

-K.I.D.

Thanks
    DARAF, JoeEffect and K.I.D. : Thanks for the comments guys, that's great motivation to keep at it.

Here I add some recent drawings.
    The first two, are drawings I just retouched to submit to a local exhibition here at college.
    The other two, are drawings from plates that are assigned as homework drawings in my life drawing class. Sorry for the bad camera quality

Thanks
    thanks for replying on my sb dude,i like your studies too,and i'll work in your advices.

Thanks
    Here just doing a weekly upload. The first is a WIP of a hangar sketch I am doing for a project at college, I should finished by late tomorrow with color and all. The second is one of the weekly plates assignments of my life drawing class. The last two, are old sketches of a comic type thing, I was thinking on heavily render the one of the fight, who know....

C&Cs welcome as always.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast