Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I checked this out yesterday but was hoping that someone would be able to provide something more useful than what i had. but you dont have any feedback yet so here i go.

I am not sure that this portrays a robot at all. i see a cloak, a skull, a hand, chain and some tail thing. the cloak looks more like a wicked tree trunk than cloth. (thogh it does look cool)

The little i can see of the hand looks good, so i think your rendering skills are/will be quite good. but i would go back through and sketch out a solid design that really shows what you want to show. think about what aspects make up your subject. for example, what is the tail thing on this piece? looks like a giant pasta tower as it is now, but whats it supposed to be/do?

good luck and i look forward to seeing more!

- I think it's official... I am the world's slowest painter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are some nice shapes in there, but vash is right it's not 100% cloth yet (I think things like cloth and fur etc are very hard to get right anyway though)

As for a thumbnail, crop whichever picture it is you want as your thumbnail and then edit your first post to attach the pic, it will then automatically show up next to the title.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey vash and monkeywhiz thanks for taking the time to post a feedback i appreciate it

i was hoping for and dreading the comments about the pasta tower

well here's the description: i imagined this guy to be a robot with a terminator-like body and huge shoulders. it would have a skull for a head and have a huge semi-circular weapon (similar to that of the sand gundam in gundam wing) the only problem is i did not figure out how to make the clay look like a sharp blade (if anyone knows how holla back ) so i opted for a not-sharp-but-hurts-as-hell look when you get hit by this. also, to make it look more machine, i made a see-through helmet (or a vizor) but then the whole thing hardened way too fast and i did not want to break the cape and redo it over again to insert the vizor.

with all this said, the only thing i can come up with is to make some wires stick out so its more of a robot than a caped thing.

anyway i did not want to give it the same old reused mecha-look, so i guess the challenge was there and that's clearly the part i didn't focus on and it's a huge mistake. good thing i did not make this for anyone other than myself ;P
    thanks for pointing that out guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    use supersculpty. stuff wont harden on ya. (for a long time) i only get to sculpt in my free time (i work with microcontrollers for a living and thats almost as far as you can get from art) so my pieces often take a month to finish and they never dry out/harden in that time.

- I think it's official... I am the world's slowest painter

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.