Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: drunknmunky's sketchbook

Thanks
    Don-key Hey, thanks for the comment, I'm quite suprised as I sometimes think I don't draw enough, but I gotta pick my drawing up fast as I've got a Uni interview coming up pretty soon so thats why I'm trying to get quite a lot done, seems a lot more is needed however . Yeah I often find my perspectives are a little out, gotta practice more .

affluxing heart How did you know I had the book lol? I guess theres the feet and some other random stuff I got from there, yeah its a good book I use it sometimes as I don't have any books on anatomy or anything. I'll try the silhouette thing as it seems like another approach to help with figure studies, thanks for the advice

accretion Hey, like I said I'm trying to get into drawing again as I want to do an Game Art course at Uni but I should of started a lot earlier so thats why I'm trying to get a lot done, although I think I should do more. Yeah as with everything practicing and persisting with it is only going to make you rapidly improve, thanks and good luck to you too!
    Last edited by drunknmunky; February 12th, 2007 at 03:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey! Keep studying you are doing good so far! Its the great thing you really draw alot....practise makes it all as always!

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Thanks
    Yo man, thanks for posting in my sketchbook!

Awesome start to a SB man, I really like the anatomy studies, specially those of the feet and girls. I echo what accretion and the others say man, hard work = more results. Just remember to have fun as well though lol.

Oh one more thing, if you want you could try and get ahold of Gray's Anatomy, its big book of some awesome sketches of the human body by Henry Gray F.R.S (skeletal and up). It helped me learn (rather still learning) about the structure of things more than anything else.

Keep up the hard work man!

Best wishes.

Arekkusu
    Whos God?!?.....'God... well you know when you really wish for something?'...yeh??.. 'He is the guy that ignores you.'!

My SB

is the Elixer..

Thanks
    RIGHT ON drunkenmonkey.

Great to see you getting back into something you love with lots of energy.
    Absaloutly right about the persistence and practice improving you, and i'm sure you will see results. Btw I really like that page of feet.

One thing i would say, is when i was starting out drawing, i jumped about all over the place not really knowing what I was doing, infact i still do it now quite a bit. But i think it's better to have a clear focus of what your working on/aimining to achieve. A mini achievable goal you can stick at until you have conquered it. But you see to be doing that with the focus on anatomy.

well anyway carry on!!

Oh btw, what course is it? i looked at a few game art courses around the UK and went an visited the UCLAN one. And from my interviews, the biggest thing they look for is enthusiasm. Showing your really committed to improving your skills rather than the actual skill level, and showing a rapid improvement is a great way to do that.

Good look with it man, i'm sure you'll get what you want.

Thanks
    Hey Blaz, thanks!

Arekkusu Thanks for the advice on anatomy, my anatomy studies are pretty poor imo, so I should continue working on them, I'll be sure to check that out

Hazaeon Seriously Hazaeon, that comment on your experience with interviews has helped me out a lot, as I always keep thinking I'm not going to have the amount or high enough level of work to show in my portfolio. I've looked at a few courses but my main two choices were at Norwich school of Art and Design and DeMontfort in Leciester. Yeah there is a lot of students from the UCLAN one here on CA from what I've seen, looks real good what they get to do. Of course animation courses look amazing too, I looked at a few but in the end Game Desing seems right for me as I've always wanted to do it, now jus need to put the work in . Thanks for the kind words man!

KK Heres a few bits for today:
    Last edited by drunknmunky; July 13th, 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks
    hey man thanks for the ace comments on my sketch book!

17 eh! Damn! Your sketches show serious potential. Keep at it dude becuase i bet by the time your 20 your drawing skills/confidence, will be glowing!

no crits cus iam bl**dy tired. I will be back dude!!

Keep it up
    C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Thanks
    Hey AK86, thanks man appreciate it.

Heres a few things for this update, I actually didn't use reference for a lot of these things which is probably a bad thing as my proportions and general anatomy already suck...I also think I'm not drawing as much as I should, so again, I'll try post more often...
    Last edited by drunknmunky; July 7th, 2007 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    A very sketchy bit of IRREVERSIBLE fan art
    I was originally just messing around but quite like the result in a way.

Thanks
    Quick update, gotta a sketch which I quite like how it turned out, but I couldn't get a good pic of it and my scanner isn't A3 so I tried to scan part of it too. Also got some crappy quick PS stuff.
    Last edited by drunknmunky; February 28th, 2007 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks

Hello

I'm really not drawing as much as I should be o.0, gotta keep goin, heres a few more things!

Did a few on photoshop this time as I think I'm gradually improving on it, got a random study, next attempt at life drawing which is EXTREMELY unimpressive as I got no finished things from it cause I kept getting the face wrong , started a painting of the sketch I did before and I got few character designs too.
    Plz crit what little I've posted!

Thanks
    Hey there, thanks for the comment on my sketchbook!

You're definitely on the right track with your drawing. The best way to get better is to practice, LOTS. My advice (for what it's worth) is to do a few drawings in light pencil where you work exclusively on proportions. Grab a good photo or live model if you can, and start with a quick gesture; 30 seconds max to get the "feel" of the pose. Then slowly flesh it out and pay attention to the proportions. Measure out how many head lengths everything is, or measure it out using your pencil as a ruler. Really work on it, but don't necessarily worry about how it looks at the end. It's the exercise that counts! Try it with just line, and draw light so you can go over your lines or erase them as much as you want. Pay attention to anatomy; where do the arms and legs really connect? What does the joint actually look like? Make sure you draw what you see, not what you think you see. And keep up the drawings!

Thanks
    thanks for the comment on my sb, to answer your question: yes i do use my head to create my own unique characters, i get my inspiration from various different sources and try my best not to look like anything thats already been done before. i'll keep working on my wip just keep watching this space for further updates :p
    quick tip i have been looking at some of your digital stuff and i notice you have the tones correct but you never blend the dark hues with the light. i find that lowering your opacity is not enough you should try and manipulate your brushes best you can. lower the 'flow' say to about 17% or 20% personally i would have my brush settings to: opacity 85% flow 20% and sometimes add texture to my brush to help make it look more natural and authentic. also constantly use shortcuts like 'Alt' to tone up and tone down. try it for yourself i can't guarantee instant results you just have to go with what works for you.
    SKETCHBOOK
    SKETCHBOOK
    SKETCHBOOK
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Nice stuff, I joined this site not too long ago you're arround my age and I can relate to where you're coming from. Do you use reference pictures at all when you draw/sketch? I think it helps alot. I myself go to Met-art. com for reference on female poses and different faces. I guess it depends on what you like to draw. I'm looking for a carreer in videogame concept art, album art, or other stuff like that so thats my style. Keep up the good work!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast