Godess of writing -Crits please <3

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This is something a friend requested and I'm generally happy with it, my anatomy is improving and such as well as my color ( not so flat) but I have a long way to go and would much appreciate tips and crits. (btw, the hands pretty much suck)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Her thong/underwear sling is not fully attached to the otherside of her lower torso. Connect the black material - or maybe it's just my eyesight today. The hair may also be too high in quantity - a Star Wars-like hair style could prove to be effective. The liquid puddle is also hazy -

Hope any suggestions have helped.

Keep doing you

Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the suggestions I really appreciate them and you taking the time to help out a little person like me. As for the bikini bottom type thing it is a little off and I can see now that it doesn't really connect that may be due in part to the fact that she was supposed to be naked, but my friend would rather she was at least partially clothed and as it's gift, I must oblige, ne?. I should have a chance to fix them later this week, not now though, finals...Chemistry's a killer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aria- I meant to give you some critique yesterday, as a matter of fact I wrote about three paragraphs of crits and info, but My wonderful computer crashed in the middle of me rendering something out, and writing to you. I'll cut it short this time.

your rendering skills need a little tuning up, they are very "speed painting" looking right now. If you are working with PS, you need to lower the opacity very low and paint away til it looks smooth.
    There are two ways of rendering hair in PS ( if you are using Painter, cant help you there, since Im pretty new at it myself) one is with a massive amount of layers and 2nd is with two layers and some smudging action, ofcourse these only work if you have a Wacom.

Anatomy;, your anatomy is a little off, not too much but its very noticeable at the legs. This is either a very, very short person or you need to extend the legs about a head to half a head lower. her left leg, at the knee and below is incorrect- The knee extends too far out and the back of the knee area is connected too high onto the leg. The lower part of the same leg is extended too much, making her look like a faun's leg.
    Her hands arent too bad as you critisized yourlself, a finger missing, but ok. Make sure you know where the breasts are at, she seems to be cuping one of her breasts on her hand, but then you can see the breast below it. If she is to be cuping one of her breasts, then make sure that the hand is located at the right angle and position to do this, otherwise it will look like she has some sorry, saggy, boobies.

Lighting; Your lighting is wrong in color. Perhaps you referenced this from a photograph, keep in mind that photographs lie, specially if a flash was used,then the lighting becomes useless on the picture. You are using white as a highlight, thats a no-no friend. you never want to use pure white unless you are creating a very bright highlight or a glowing characteristic.
    Use the same color you have used on the rest of the body, only a lighter hue. better yet, try different hues of other colors as well. Make sure you know where your lighting is coming from and that should guide you to where the shadows and highlights need to go.
    Last, that wing, or decorative thingy on the back is absolutely not finished, not even 1/2 way there. Finish it, and post it again. Overall, it looks like you have potential, its looking good, as long as you fix, and rework all of the mentioned. Hope that helps, and let me know if you need a small tutorial on PS hair, that I can do.

-JL

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you soo much, you don't know how much you've helped me. You were right I did reference the body, but I was naughty and didn't look at it again after that. Mostly, I didn't like the lighting in the picture, it was somewhat dramatic and I wanted the picture to be brighter than that. I would very much like that tutorial as it's always great to learn something new. I do use photoshop and it's self taught, seriously, It took me a month to find out there were brushes beyond the basic set and just as long to find a great many other wonders. I don't however have a Wacom, I do have a tablet though, it's an Aiptek and I opted for it because I could afford a larger tablet from Aiptek than I could from Wacom. Digressing...Thank you for your input again, I'm a junior in highschool now and hope to go to the Pacific Northwest college of Art in Portland, or the like, to start my journey to becoming a concept artist. Feng Zhu is meh hero!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hair Tutorial

OK here it is as promised.
    This is just one way of doing hair.

The Final image:

And here is the .PSD you may use it as you wish.

TUTORIAL PSD

Cheers M8

-JL

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for taking the time to help me, and this will really help. I'll be sure to work on this picture and repost it.
    Anata wa pengi no ashi wo tabemasen!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.