Art: Last Man Standing 2 • Final Round - Page 4

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations all for your work.

I'm not sure if the one from Nicola's is supposed to be finished or it is supposed to be that way, but it is still great. I really love the way the guy is painted and all the graphic elements in there.

Shelley Wan's is also great, it is a fabulous painting, reminds me some work I've seen here from Jon Foster that I really loved. One thing I think is strange is the knife the fat guy has in his mouth, seems like a kitchen knife with black plastic handle!

Icon's piece is very nice too, but I think it could be more colourfull and contrast more. Also for the complexity of the image I think it would gain if it were presented at bigger size. Also in terms of composition I don't think a tentacle e every corner of the image works well.

Vyle's entry is the one I like least, it has some very nice details and is very well done, but it doesn't appeal much too me. Sancho(?) bothers me, as well as that photomanipulation look, even though I have seen some great stuff you've done that way, but I don't like of how it worked here.

Poshspice's image is also great and funny, really well done and painted as usual. I don't like so much all those neons, but I guess it is part of the idea.

Fantastic work everybody.
    cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCorriero
    Bowlin, Aly is a guy
    Aly is a guy? (Sorry Aly) Sheesh, next your going to tell me madster is a girl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Irene Gallo
    Cody - You _might_ have to re-title this "The Last Woman Standing"!
    LOL! yikes!! I am in totall awe! You are all so amazeing! I really don't know what else to say I am completely speechless.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    seriously, WOW!
    all five are top notch.

good luck to the judges.
    that's gonna be tough.
    : )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cody - You _might_ have to re-title this "The Last Woman Standing"!
    C'mon, theres 2 (sry Posh )lonely males left yet...don't count us out, even if we are the UNfairer sex....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool!
    Shelly: You got some balls doing a canvas like that! But very very nicely done! The winner imho.
    Great job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this was all great, let's start another one!
    LMS, LMS, LMS, LMS!
    davidsmit thats one scarry avatar dude...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shelly, u've just got another marriage proposal, hehe... seriusly, this is one of the best pieces I've ever seen. Original, great execution.. Im speechless. Sorry for making such a scene but just couldn't help myself.

And to all the others, congratulations on ur marvelous pieces as well, u've made this final round worth calling GRAND finals. Im so happy to see everyone participated! wow..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to have stop by so late! was sick for a while and miss the fun~
    To my final contestants, may i be so nerdy as to say:
    "So here we are (Sam), at the end of the world , and i am glad to have u with me." haha. But seriously, You guys/girls are the ones that inspired me to push myself, to do things i didn't think i could do, and grew artistically as much as i feel i did. I am glad i got to meet some of you, David & Karla, and i will look forward to meeting you guys, Aly & Nic. This contest has been a grand experience we can look back together, and be proud of ourselves.
    To Cody, I am thankful that you persuaded me to keep myself in the contest, when i wanted to drop out after round 1. We all make excuses to ourselves about why we fail, and you drew that board away from me and i stayed. It was a panic at first, but i thought, "At very least i will die TRYING." and that was my strategy: to do the best i can do, so as to be worthy of my opponents. (A side note: Because of this experience and the confident it gave me, in our company "Ropes Course" team building exercise on Tuesday, i was able to gather up my courage and climb atop a two stories tall pole and jump off((with safety harness of course)). It was a beautiful metaphor of this contest i can always have with me: With fear sliding off, the view atop, it's the most beautiful thing i have ever seen.)
    To everyone that so kindly commented on our pieces, i want to say: "Thank you. Thank you for appreciating our efforts, and thank you for your eagerness to better us in the new LMS next time!" I will look forward to seeing you guys/girls work and cheer you on. Besides the view on top of the pole, seeing your friends atop is a most beautiful sight as well.

Best wishes,
    sw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow ...omg

all are so impressive *****

Vyle's entry is balls deep ..

question? how did you do your stone or rock area of the windmill?
    is it possiable to show or elaborate on a different thread?

solid work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow ...omg

all are so impressive *****

Vyle's entry is balls deep ..

question? how did you do your stone or rock area of the windmill?
    is it possiable to show or elaborate on a different thread?

solid work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolas
    C'mon, theres 2 (sry Posh )lonely males left yet...don't count us out, even if we are the UNfairer sex....
    I meant no disrespect, Mr. Nicolas. I'm a big fan of yours.

-------------
    Irene Gallo
    The Art Department (blog)
    http://igallo.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hot Tamale!

nic. piece is so confident!

Once u BOON u don't go back

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I literally said "Holy shit, Shelly" out loud when I saw yours, Shelly. My god, that's gorgeous. If I didn't know it was yours, I would have actually pegged it as a Foster piece at first glance. It reminds me a lot of some of the covers he's done lately in theme, mood and color. Overal just an incredible piece. I'd love to see it on a real fan.

Great stuff from the other 4 too, of course (nice twist on the topic, Post ).

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder what that new Rocky Movie is like... How about that huh?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just sent in my votes and I have to say of all the contests I've judged here this has to be not only the best art I've seen but one of the hardest thunderdomes to judge yet. All entries were over the top good with individual merits going to each artist on a number of points.

All very inspiring, all very worthy of a 1st place crown, all making this dog feeling a little long in the tooth and short on the talent.

These grapes taste like Fresno! -- Steinbeck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    phat>> the rocks were all sculpted in zbrush, as was the horse. I'll post those in a separate thread.

And yeah ikuru, it seems ving has pussed out ;P

Shelly wan, once again, I'll repeat how much I really like your entry, beautiful. I also many times felt I was going to give up the fight, but felt like an honor to be around such talents and had to be there until the end. Poshspice, icon, Shellywan and Nicolas, what a final...
    Now I can resume work again with less stress

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I meant no disrespect, Mr. Nicolas.
    I was just horseing around Irene ^^ Im actually pretty sure that we got sacked by the Ladies....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn, grats to all the finalists. All 5 pieces are amazing, but my vote would go to shelly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    C'mon guys, everything is nice'n'neat but the coolness and the power of Nic's army can't be topped. I mean, this is the best phuckin idea i've seen in a while now.
    So i hope this contest is also about the idea and not only fancy renderings, right?

Vyle, i've rarely learned as much as i did from your DVD and find your piece here phenomenal - still, i find those custom brushes to be somehow repetitive after a while. Ever thought of making a "un-costumised brush piece"?

Full credits to others for great work.

Best regards and big respect,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's true that nicolas army is dead cool!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow did you guys/girls deliver on this one. All enbtries are spectacular. I love all of them, but I have to say Shelly hit this one out of the park. The contrast between 2D and 3D combined with the soft, subtle colors and unique shape of the overall composition. Damn.

Icon and Posh would be my 2 runner-ups if it was up to me. But again, all of them absolutely rocked my world. Thanks people, now I have to go pick up my eyeballs off of the floor in the dark.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Wan
    Sorry to have stop by so late! was sick for a while and miss the fun~
    To my final contestants, may i be so nerdy as to say:
    "So here we are (Sam), at the end of the world , and i am glad to have u with me." haha. But seriously, You guys/girls are the ones that inspired me to push myself, to do things i didn't think i could do, and grew artistically as much as i feel i did. I am glad i got to meet some of you, David & Karla, and i will look forward to meeting you guys, Aly & Nic. This contest has been a grand experience we can look back together, and be proud of ourselves.
    To Cody, I am thankful that you persuaded me to keep myself in the contest, when i wanted to drop out after round 1. We all make excuses to ourselves about why we fail, and you drew that board away from me and i stayed. It was a panic at first, but i thought, "At very least i will die TRYING." and that was my strategy: to do the best i can do, so as to be worthy of my opponents. (A side note: Because of this experience and the confident it gave me, in our company "Ropes Course" team building exercise on Tuesday, i was able to gather up my courage and climb atop a two stories tall pole and jump off((with safety harness of course)). It was a beautiful metaphor of this contest i can always have with me: With fear sliding off, the view atop, it's the most beautiful thing i have ever seen.)
    To everyone that so kindly commented on our pieces, i want to say: "Thank you. Thank you for appreciating our efforts, and thank you for your eagerness to better us in the new LMS next time!" I will look forward to seeing you guys/girls work and cheer you on. Besides the view on top of the pole, seeing your friends atop is a most beautiful sight as well.

Best wishes,
    sw

!!!! There is much love for you right now!(especially with all the marriage proposals! oooh yeah!) Shelly i'm glad you didnt leave! See how far you've gotten! I too felt like quitting in this last round...I had a feeling of uselessness... like " why bother" but i'm glad I kept pushing and one of the things that made me want to keep going was that I knew you and everyone else kept going as well! I've learned so much, and I feel as if I've already won!

;p with that said, good luck everyone! ...we don't need it though, we did good!
    I'll see you all one LMS from now. (lms4! ;p)

‘Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll see you all one LMS from now. (lms4! ;p)
    *sighs in relief* So we won't have to worry about you kicking our asses in LMS3?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont know what to say. but there all so amazing that i have to say something... yea nothing i say would be compliment anuf for what you 5 did

never updated sketchbook

hopefully weekly updated blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cody you have to do another one immediately! You've got your work cut out for ya! I hope to see you 5 again in the next one I like the challenge of going up against some of the best artist in the world. YOu guys and gals rocked this LMS! I am still gasping at at all of these!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyle
    phat>>
    And yeah ikuru, it seems ving has pussed out ;P
    Yeah, you cant rely on this young rockstar artists these days...
    One day they're like all over the forums, and the next day they retire to shag sheep in the forest...

Your Gnomon movie Was Verry, Verry Nice BTW (I didnt really get the ending though, was that french guy with the glases friends with the bad cop that drank the fake pinecolada in the umbrella beach bar? And what happened to the space boss bad guy? It was really hard to follow...).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cody dude, like Beelow said, the best way for this to grow would be to do another LMS right away, (It would be cool to get the media attention on this, get some real sponsors in there, naked chicks, free beer and such, everything that art is all about).

Last edited by ikuru; January 27th, 2007 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Whaooaooaw! Great entries, eye candyx100 I really love Shelly's entry, pure awesomeness

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats really rockin all the way from earth ...........to all planets that travels........................and all guys really superb.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool works indeed.

• Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1